Just went on the Walmart Wireless page and guess what is now popped up under the T-Mobile section!

BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 (T-Mobile) | LetsTalk.com

Prices are as follow:
    New 2-Year Service Agreement: $119.99
    2-Year Contract Renewal: $314.99
    Phone Only Price: $549.99

Screengrabs for those who don't want to click the link

New Service Agreement

2-Year Renewal

Phone Only
    08-24-11 05:00 PM
    $315.00 on renewal?!? :-0 wow!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-24-11 05:15 PM
    $315.00 on renewal?!? :-0 wow!
    Right I damn near crapped my pants. I saw the $119 for a new service contract and DIED then i clicked the 2 year and was like UGH FAIL.
    BBxpress and coronaBold like this.
    08-24-11 05:18 PM
    I am not under any contract with Tmobile right now, just paying month to month. Would I qualify as a new customer? Couldn't I just cancel my month to month, and sign up new? Although I'm guessing I would lose my phone number.
    08-24-11 05:32 PM
    I am not under any contract with Tmobile right now, just paying month to month. Would I qualify as a new customer? Couldn't I just cancel my month to month, and sign up new? Although I'm guessing I would lose my phone number.
    Just go a T-Mobile store, state you're on month to month and want to cancel and start a brand new 2 year contract and port your old number over.

But then again this is Walmart's pricing and we don't know what T-Mobile's pricing will be.
    08-24-11 05:39 PM
    $120!?

I'll be the first in line!
    08-24-11 06:19 PM
    The lets talk pricing is NOT the same as the in store pricing. LetsTalk is another company that is a partner for online sales only. IF walmart gets the 9900 in store it should be the same price new or upgrade, it usually is anyway.
    08-24-11 06:26 PM
    I tried to place a preorder (I like T-Mo more than VZ) and it changes to $150 instead of $120 with a new line!
    08-24-11 07:14 PM
    its insane how much this phone is for tmo users
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-24-11 10:15 PM
    its insane how much this phone is for tmo users
    Between the terrible pricing and recent terrible customer service overall, I just dumped tmobile for good and went to Verizon. Enough is enough with them. Just my opinion obviously.
    08-24-11 10:26 PM
    Prices are fine, I don't see the problem.

I usually buy without a contract but it doesn't really matter with TMO. If you want out of the contract you pay back the discount and your plan rate drops because you no longer pay back the subsidy. There's no ETF.
    08-24-11 11:13 PM
    Prices are fine, I don't see the problem.

I usually buy without a contract but it doesn't really matter with TMO. If you want out of the contract you pay back the discount and your plan rate drops because you no longer pay back the subsidy. There's no ETF.
    There is a subset obsessed with the "cost of the phone". They are more willing to pay twice the price for service over a two year period than they are $100 or $50 more for the phone. I'm tired educating...go to Verizon folks...they will only charge you $200 for the phone. True, you'll pay $100 to $110 for your rate as opposed to $65 each month but who cares if its $1000 more over two years...look at how much less you paid for the "phone".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 11:20 PM
    if t-mobile price hits 350$ officialy, i would for sure get it tru walmart... i rather pay 330us, than 420$++
    08-24-11 11:45 PM
    There is a subset obsessed with the "cost of the phone". They are more willing to pay twice the price for service over a two year period than they are $100 or $50 more for the phone. I'm tired educating...go to Verizon folks...they will only charge you $200 for the phone. True, you'll pay $100 to $110 for your rate as opposed to $65 each month but who cares if its $1000 more over two years...look at how much less you paid for the "phone".

Except in most cases, you can't make a straight comparison like that. The quality of service (in terms of voice quality, data speed, etc) is different. Verizon can charge more because, in general, they think they have better service. And I agree with that.

There's no reason TMO should charge more than VZW or Sprint for the same (or almost same) handset.
    08-25-11 12:00 AM
    Except in most cases, you can't make a straight comparison like that. The quality of service (in terms of voice quality, data speed, etc) is different. Verizon can charge more because, in general, they think they have better service. And I agree with that.

There's no reason TMO should charge more than VZW or Sprint for the same (or almost same) handset.
    They haven't announced their price yet. What was announced is an exclusive offer to business customers, not general availability.

I would also disagree with your assessment of network quality. CDMA is slow and doesn't support simultaneous voice and data, HSPA+ is fast and does support voice and data, and where I live there's plenty of coverage.

And the argument is about something else altogether. If you buy a phone for full price from Verizon, you don't get a cheaper rate, you pay back the subsidy like everyone else. That's a rip off.

Compare with T-Mobile, which is completely transparent about their prices. You either pay in full, or pay in installments attached to your bill. There are no ETF's and BS subsidy repayments.
    08-25-11 12:15 AM
    Business customers are getting them for $200-250 fyi

08-25-11 12:17 AM
    blackberry 9900 is HSPA+ therefor should cost more than the 9930... A little more hardware. Not sure about 100$ more but whatever if you don't got money to shell then don't complain.
    08-25-11 01:41 AM
    Compare the fine print on a LetsTalk contract to an att contract, BIG difference, I would rather pay more and get it from att. If your time isn't worth a GD F"ing thing then by all means do buisness with LetsTalk.

08-25-11 03:13 AM
    Compare the fine print on a LetsTalk contract to an att contract, BIG difference, I would rather pay more and get it from att. If your time isn't worth a GD F"ing thing then by all means do buisness with LetsTalk.

What is the difference in contract?

08-25-11 08:35 AM
    The pricing is ridiculous. Wal-Mart does a price match right?!
    08-25-11 12:39 PM
    What is the difference in contract?

How bout asking LetsTalk and AT&T? Or better yet, just assume I am some crackpot because your too lazy to figure stuff out yourself and just go ahead and order the phone from LetsTalk.

08-25-11 05:30 PM
    when u sign a contract u sign it with Tmobile, Att, Verizon etc....... letstalk is just a reseller they have nothing to do with you tmobile contract, just dumped att and bought 2 9900's for 240 plus we get the best hspa+, good luck waiting for att to release it in november probably at SMH......
    08-25-11 06:39 PM
    How bout asking LetsTalk and AT&T? Or better yet, just assume I am some crackpot because your too lazy to figure stuff out yourself and just go ahead and order the phone from LetsTalk.

The onus isn't on us to prove that you're right for you; you make a claim, start backing it up.
    08-25-11 07:40 PM

Ok I get it your a crackpot.

08-25-11 07:45 PM
    The onus isn't on us to prove that you're right for you; you make a claim, start backing it up.
    I don't have to prove anything. Use "Google" or just order a phone.

Hey here's an idea, go to the respective websites and read the contracts. You can read right?

www.RIF.com
    08-25-11 07:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD