Hello,
    I have searched the threads using a variety of terms and have found nothing that seems to relate directly to my query, so I will just jump in and ask my question...
    I use MapMyWalk, Endomondo, and Runtastic on my BB 9900 and the results of distances, speed, calories burned etc. vary widely! Between Endomondo and Runtastic for example, the distance measurements can routinely be as different as 1/2 a kilometre+. MapMyWalk falls somewhere in between. The calories burned count is also highly variable. For example, I went on a '20 km' walk today and the results were:
    Endomondo:
    Distance: 19.37km
    Calories burned: 1685kcal

MapMyWalk:
    Distance: 20.09km
    Calories burned: 1472kcal

Runtastic:
    Distance: 20.26km
    Calories burned: 942kcal

Interestingly, the actual duration of the walks on all apps are within about 30 seconds of each other which is about right in terms of starting them up in sequence before setting off.
    Anyway, I don't want to get too pedantic. Has anyone else had the same experiences? Any advice? I have searched the FAQs of each app for information that might address some of the discrepancies such as calories being counted as gross versus net - but without luck.
    I am taking the lower amounts as my reference each day - just to be safe, but I would prefer accuracy!
    Thanks!
    07-22-13 04:52 PM
    I can see DISTANCE varying based on sampling rate. The more frequent samples, I would suspect the leg distance would be closer to reality, especially if the route involves lots of twists and turns. A longer interval could miss a swing to the left and right, straightening the leg out.

As for calories burned, you've have to check each app and see if they provide a basis for calories and the nature of the exercise.
    alwaysbean likes this.
    07-22-13 09:04 PM
    Had reset count from each app before.?
    But IMO ,it's fair enough, if differences less than 5%..
    alwaysbean likes this.
    07-23-13 10:21 AM