I saw the $119 deal for the 9900 at wal-mart and jumped right in. I had plans on buying one at T-mobile regardless of the price so I figured why not save some $$? Here's the issue. I pre-ordered the phone aug. 25th and at that time I was told it was in the wearhouse but they couldn't ship it until the 29th. The 29th came and went with no word. I contacted them on the 30th and was told that they didn't have the phone yet. Obviously pissed off after being told the phone was in stock when I made the order, I let it go since it was being released the next day anyway. I wake up the morning of release day excited to see an email from them, expecting a tracking number... What does it say? The phone is on backorder and there is no eta! Wtf?? Something doesn't seem right about this. My question is has anyone ordered a 9900 from wal-mart online? If so, are you also stuck with no eta on this phone you've already been waiting forever for? I guess u get what you pay for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 09:41 PM
    I tried to order from Wal-Mart and my price total came out to $280. It was such a hassle, no joke. I canceled my order and am now waiting for it to go back to my account. It was THAT difficult I just went to T-Mobile and bought it regardless of how much $$$ I would've saved.
    08-31-11 09:43 PM
    Yeah i'm glad i didn't wait around. i ordered one and then the next day it said it was backorder. cancelled and went to sprint store and bought it. no way i was dealing with all that mess.

08-31-11 10:18 PM
    A hassle is right. My post was getting way too long so I didn't go into the details of the many calls I had with wal-mart customer service. Unfortunately I've called a few T-mobile's in my area and they're all sold out. So I guess whoever has the phone first will get my money.
    08-31-11 10:56 PM
    I saw the $119 deal for the 9900 at wal-mart and jumped right in. I had plans on buying one at T-mobile regardless of the price so I figured why not save some $$? Here's the issue. I pre-ordered the phone aug. 25th and at that time I was told it was in the wearhouse but they couldn't ship it until the 29th. The 29th came and went with no word. I contacted them on the 30th and was told that they didn't have the phone yet. Obviously pissed off after being told the phone was in stock when I made the order, I let it go since it was being released the next day anyway. I wake up the morning of release day excited to see an email from them, expecting a tracking number... What does it say? The phone is on backorder and there is no eta! Wtf?? Something doesn't seem right about this. My question is has anyone ordered a 9900 from wal-mart online? If so, are you also stuck with no eta on this phone you've already been waiting forever for? I guess u get what you pay for.

I ordered this morning for $214.99, went through the verification process, was told by the woman on the phone that i went through the verification process with that the phone is indeed on Back order. She said they are receiving a shipment either thursday evening or friday morning to fulfill all their orders. She said they received an influx of orders due to them having 'premium pricing' over other retailers and they only received a minimal amount to sell and could not fulfill all orders on launch day.

So if mine doesn't indeed ship tomorrow or Friday, I will contact them, but I've had friends who ordered other phones through the Walmart website and had no issue and great service.

ETA: I had also read a bunch of reviews before placing my order; the only negative ones I found were people who thought the verification system was stupid or were porting number over, none of which I had a problem with.
    Last edited by .Britnasty; 08-31-11 at 11:17 PM.
    08-31-11 11:01 PM
    I tried to order from Wal-Mart and my price total came out to $280. It was such a hassle, no joke. I canceled my order and am now waiting for it to go back to my account. It was THAT difficult I just went to T-Mobile and bought it regardless of how much $$$ I would've saved.
    Same here, when trying to order the total showed more than originally stated so I decided not to get it. My wife got hers today, overall, I am pretty jelous about the 4G on T-Mo but in our apt her signal drops to one EDGE bar, mine has full 3G service, I prefer constant good speed than variable bursts of 4G/3G/2G.
    Good luck with your order!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 11:02 PM
    Same here, when trying to order the total showed more than originally stated so I decided not to get it. My wife got hers today, overall, I am pretty jelous about the 4G on T-Mo but in our apt her signal drops to one EDGE bar, mine has full 3G service, I prefer constant good speed than variable bursts of 4G/3G/2G.
    Good luck with your order!
    I agree. The only thing I am waiting for now is the UMA update and this phone is a win win for me. Well worth the price.
    08-31-11 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD