Let's get with it RIM. You have some very nice phones and an os that's great, but not enough apps to back it up. I see RIM in the same stalemate they're in now in 3 yrs. You need to change some of your help in the company and get with the times.

Here's what I see that needs improvement:

First, apps. Get some more! If you're going to cater to just the business sector, you will not grow.

Second, Advertising. I've asked about 60 people and all didn't know there was a new os and hardware out. The younger crowds loved my 9930 when they saw it. Any type of advertising is key to growth and survival.

When you release your new operating system, you better have some apps to attract the younger crowd. I have been a BB user since the 7100t came out, and now have the 9930. I have boasted about the camera and os and believe Blackberry has come a long way. You were ahead of the curve then, but are falling and far behind.

Sure you can write me off as just a whiny customer, but I just believe you can do better.
    10-07-11 12:35 PM
    sorry..

i had a curve 9330, now i have bold 9650 and considering the 9930 but geuss what it's the same old boring phone!..the os is a yawn.. looked ok 5 years ago but puh-lease.

they all look the same sans flip and torch and the vast majority of phones sold now are full touch screen... the growth is in full touch screen and the only reason BB is ok for me is that my phone is a phone & messaging device its not a toy.

BB is marking time until there is qnx full touchscreen phones next year...then they may have a chance to come out of the doldrums.. but they have zero to shout about right now.
    10-07-11 12:49 PM
    RIM has two full touchscreen OS7 phones. The Torch 9810 and the 9850/9860. What more do you want these phones to do? Aside from some Apps and Flash what else is missing as compared to ther smartphones? OK, we can argue camera quality but then there's plenty of Android's with just so so cameras.

I suspect app vendors are not jumping on BB for a number of reasons. One being the development environment being vastly different and the fact that until the OS7 phones most BB hardware was underpowered. Maybe we will see more support as we begin 2012 if the OS7 phones gain some reasonable sell thru traction.
    10-07-11 12:54 PM
    Androids do not have so so cameras. They are terrible. Build quality? Most people these days don't consider that when purchasing a phone. Look at the plastic GS2 or other Samsung phones.

Touch screens? Blackberry is famous for their keyboards, not touch screens. Those touch screens are popular because of the os and apps. I like my disconnected iPhone 4 for the purpose of an entertainment device. I love my Blackberry for the keyboard and productivity capabilities. Nothing beats it. IF RIM wants to gain market share, they need to do more to reach out to teens-35 age group.

To Mystic205, play with an os7 device for a while. Not the same old boring phone.
    10-07-11 01:11 PM
    ...but they have zero to shout about right now.
    Wrong. They have plenty to shout about right now. They have nothing that you want to hear, however. Big difference.
    chasvs likes this.
    10-07-11 01:17 PM
    Its silly to even think QNX or whatever buzzword they've attached to it will change anything.
    10-07-11 01:20 PM
    they all look the same
    im sure alot of apple people are about to prove that doesnt matter shortly.
    10-07-11 01:20 PM
    How do you want a phone to look? Like a slab of granite?
    10-07-11 02:03 PM
    lol y'all need to take a couple of tablets of objectivity.. (and dont shoot the messenger..)

I bought a BB, twice.. so BB sales issues are not my fault!..lol,

...but look at the millions upon millions who bought an android or iphone instead of a BB.. and look particularly at those that switched FROM BB.. so its clear.. BB is not offering what the consumers want...that is a FACT.

In my case i only upgrade for better functionality, I upgraded from 9330 to get international with the 9650 so i could throw away my travel phone so it was worth it.. yep its a bit better screen and a bit faster but whoopdidoop...nothing to write home about.
    So now i really want to want the 9930 but it doesnt offer me anything i cannot do already on the 9650..so why bother?

So, despite that 9930 is hotspot capable in hardware its not in o.s...and as now i currently pay $59.99 extra for a dedicated hotspot.. I can go to android or iphone 4s then that is $29.99 saving $30/mo..

Another example for BB.. the playbook.. what better use of a 7" tablet than a navigation unit?.. but no functionality, no app, no support...instead i am told "business users dont need a nav app..".. lol go figure.. so no PB sale either..

That is exactly the reason why BB is suffering reducing sales.. the customers are in denial and the consumers simply take their money elsewhere.
    10-07-11 02:37 PM
    Its silly to even think QNX or whatever buzzword they've attached to it will change anything.
    I don't think you even bother to Think. It's obvious based on your inconsequential remark
    10-07-11 02:45 PM
    Moar angry birds!!!
    10-07-11 02:45 PM
    you are wrong! i have the magelan compass gps app and that works great as a gps. you are silly the bb os7 does infact support hotspot. its the carriers that need to set it up on there end. sprint says my end of year hotspot function will be on the blackberry. also you dont think that double the speed from a 9650 to a 9930 isnt enuff for u upgrade.
    10-07-11 02:48 PM
    I hope you are kidding..

QNX should vault BB into pole position amongst handset o.s., now given that, whether they will have the content/apps and the right phones to leverage that into aggressive sales growth we will see..

10-07-11 02:49 PM
    1. there is no turn by turn navigation directions on the PB.. period. fact.
    2. if you cannot buy a 9930 and use its hotspot it doesnt have hotspot. you cant, it dont.
    3. I do not buy promises... we have had enough practice in believing BB and carrier promises not to do so. in fact even better, we all know that you have to wait for a +1 release for anything to be reliable so realistically thats when?.. march - june next year?
    4. the "double speed" i got from 9330 to 9650 and discovered it doesnt double anything.. i dont type twice as fast, i dont talk twice as fast... i dont do many games and the screen it to small for any real use of the web other than emergency lookup... so another double to the 9930 would give me the same expectations.

ymmv

you are wrong! i have the magelan compass gps app and that works great as a gps. you are silly the bb os7 does infact support hotspot. its the carriers that need to set it up on there end. sprint says my end of year hotspot function will be on the blackberry. also you dont think that double the speed from a 9650 to a 9930 isnt enuff for u upgrade.
    10-07-11 03:02 PM
    Sorry but I'm gonna have to agree with josh3326 android has alot of the market and is only growing. My husband has the droidX and I have bb9930 and he can do waaaaaay more than I can do and probably ever will be able to do.....
    10-07-11 04:16 PM
    So if RIM comes up with a killer QNX phone (which i bet they will) it will die on the vine if they dont have an app eco system, music ecosystem, video and movie eco system.

Simple. They really f ed up with the playbook rush to markt and not enough apps...
    10-07-11 07:04 PM
    sorry..

i had a curve 9330, now i have bold 9650 and considering the 9930 but geuss what it's the same old boring phone!..the os is a yawn.. looked ok 5 years ago but puh-lease.

they all look the same sans flip and torch and the vast majority of phones sold now are full touch screen... the growth is in full touch screen and the only reason BB is ok for me is that my phone is a phone & messaging device its not a toy.

BB is marking time until there is qnx full touchscreen phones next year...then they may have a chance to come out of the doldrums.. but they have zero to shout about right now.
    i feel RIM should not be greedy and give....

my BB is a tool... and this tool needs to outlast other phone makers in battery life and must have a good camera! even if it is touch screen, RIM make(give) a bigger battery, hello!!! BECAUSE its not a TOY...

where is the common sense? more features such as 4g,wifi,touch screen,etc,etc and RIM chose to make a smaller battery for this 9900 WOW.! i dont want to dummy down the phone (remember RIM im on the go....)

RIM, throw in a car charger if you gonna give out a smaller battery then....

RIM just release a new phone every 2 yrs..... and make it count!!!!!
    10-07-11 08:30 PM
    Let's get with it RIM. You have some very nice phones and an os that's great, but not enough apps to back it up. I see RIM in the same stalemate they're in now in 3 yrs. You need to change some of your help in the company and get with the times.

First, apps. Get some more! If you're going to cater to just the business sector, you will not grow.

Second, Advertising. I've asked about 60 people and all didn't know there was a new os and hardware out. The younger crowds loved my 9930 when they saw it. Any type of advertising is key to growth and survival.

When you release your new operating system, you better have some apps to attract the younger crowd. I have been a BB user since the 7100t came out, and now have the 9930. I have boasted about the camera and os and believe Blackberry has come a long way. You were ahead of the curve then, but are falling and far behind.

Sure you can write me off as just a whiny customer, but I just believe you can do better.
    Not going to happen, RIM drove the company into the ground. All they have that works is the led and email. Everything else is at best a market third.

The marketing of RIM sucks, especially the huge waste of cash and time wasted on the playbook. I have given up on getting anything worthwhile app wise.

Why would you assume this company would even last as you state you can see this stalemate lasting 3 years? Would this 3 years be in addition to the terrible last two that RIM has had? So 5 years down the toilet for RIM?

I wish the 9930 would have been a success and brought more back to RIM. Tired of seeing all my friends and everyone else at school with an android or iphone. The blackberry is truly a rarity today.
    10-08-11 12:44 AM
    Folks, I'm afraid that BBX (QNX) expectations are getting too high...

1. The Playbook with QNX OS and hardware thus far has been struggling to say the least (where is the autotext function?)

New BlackBerry BBX/QNX devices need a shakedown period, with a completely new OS, many features/quirks that diehard BB users are used to would probably not be in the new BBX OS (unless we pester RIM for it!).

A long shakedown period ensues, and let's hope that RIM gets the autotext function in for BBX !!

2) Personally, if I was RIM management, I'll make agreements with major printer makers fore wireless printing, details here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nts-go-655510/

(No, I don't agree with HP's way of sending BlackBerry emails to internet, then your printer (via router) receives the email to print from the internet... this is too complicated IMHO... better if your BlackBerry device can wireless connect *directly* to printer!)
    10-08-11 01:06 AM

LOL, stop right there.
    10-08-11 01:49 AM
    For all us BB users and I got 2 of them the reason RIM stock is at an all time low is no products to sell and losing market hsare like a leaking boat. Looking at pure market share is not always a ggood predictor as everybody has made 9000 Android phones lately.Apple make on phone about every 1.5 years maybe and it has 1 phone just different memory versions.BB it seems has no plan except maybe be taken over by somebody else when the stock gets a little cheaper and all the big guys in the Co get rich. I am at a point of just keeping my 2 9650's running hybrid software( only way to actually get good performance) I guess that is to tough for Rim and the Wireless Company software people to figure out so some guy in a basement makes a better OS. Now you know why I am just staying with what I got. I can have any phone I choose,cost is not an issue but there is nothing made by anybody to upgrade to right now. When the Tablets came out the phones became 2nd rate objects. Reason. more profit in a tablet. Easy business model there.And Apple has kicked everybodys *** in the tablet market. And RIM's Playbook well they at least named it right.
    10-08-11 02:39 AM
    4. the "double speed" i got from 9330 to 9650 and discovered it doesnt double anything..
    umm, thats probably because the 9330 to 9650 isnt a double speed difference.
    9330 - 9650 is a 624Mhz processor. there is NO double speed there, hence why ay didnt notice it.

9650 - 9930 is a 624Mhz to 1.2Ghz jump. THAT is whats called a double speed increase.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-11 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD