with you guys lol I was hesitant because I felt bad for the verizon sales rep...anyways a few days ago I went to the verizon store and I asked the rep if she had the 9930 in, and she showed me to it and started messing with it not allowing me to hold it (and yes it was the display model attached to the charger) and shes browsing on it showing me it and she kept trying to say something but she kept saying "its new..new...ne...new.." as she tried to PINCH TO ZOOM on a mobile website lmao... anyway I cut her off and say "it has pinch to zoom?"(me acting dumb) and she replies "Yes... it's almost like a smartphone"(wtf!!!) and I cried of laughter in my head of course, but after that I just told her thanks I'll check it out and grabbed it lol.

And then as I was leaving she stops me and says "so you're not going to get it?" I said "no your plans are too much and you only have 2gb data plans in my price range" and she says "well actaully only 84% of customers go ove.." and I cut her off and say "well I tether with my phone for my playbook and laptop. She just makes a confused face and says ok thanks for stopping by.

haha. I should seriously work for a cell phone company and get out of retail clothing! ;o!
    08-23-11 03:57 PM
    haha yea some of these reps dont know jack about phones. It take a little big of google to get all the info you want. Thank for the story haha.
    08-23-11 04:06 PM
    thing is though, does anyone actually go into a store expecting the employees to know the exact details of every product on sale?
    As far as that information, most sales people get it through using the device and or product.
    Im the manager of a hardware store, and make it my mission to test or at least learn about almost every product on the shelf, so any questions i get i can answer. i dont expect this of my staff... christ i dont pay them enough as it is, without asking them to actually remember and learn
    08-23-11 04:06 PM
    thing is though, does anyone actually go into a store expecting the employees to know the exact details of every product on sale?
    As far as that information, most sales people get it through using the device and or product.
    Im the manager of a hardware store, and make it my mission to test or at least learn about almost every product on the shelf, so any questions i get i can answer. i dont expect this of my staff... christ i dont pay them enough as it is, without asking them to actually remember and learn
    But why wouldn't you expect that from your staff when they're the ones mostly on the sales floor($$$) and you're the overhead? I'm a manager myself too, I expect a lot from my staff. I'm one of those ***** managers lol. Only cause I care for the company though! (and my career to grow )

And of course you can't expect someone to know everything, but the whole idea of this post was the fact that the rep said "it's like a smartphone" I love blackberrys, and theres alot of us here who are fanboys blackberry is not a "feature" phone lol.
    08-23-11 04:29 PM
    Most the clowns in mobile shops don't even have a BlackBerry so they can't tell you $hit other than what's on the white paper features Sad, but true

Once you go with them into a little bit of detail, you lose em forever lol
    08-23-11 04:36 PM
    I do. They don't have that many phones on sale, it's not too much to ask that they know the basics of each. I know it's unrelated, but years ago I used to deliver milk in the mornings to between 300-400 residential homes. It was amazing how quickly I had each customer's order memorized, even though many of them had different orders on different days. The memory is far better than most people give it credit for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD