I sorta recall signing up to receive a notification email from RIM or vzw when the BB 9930 would be available. I hope vzw releases it soon! My BB submitted papers for disability...
    You will hear about it here first. Those email notifications are worthless.
    08-03-11 04:20 PM
    How true. I remember I had my Bold 9000 for about a week when I got the email I had signed up for to give me advance notice
    08-03-11 04:29 PM
    i gotta think (like suggested on another thread) that the 9930 NOT showing up on the leaked vzn document for phone releasing starting in September, has to be a good sign it's coming this month.

what i don't get is that the document says the curve will be 4g lte, but the bold supposedly isn't.
    08-03-11 09:04 PM
    i gotta think (like suggested on another thread) that the 9930 NOT showing up on the leaked vzn document for phone releasing starting in September, has to be a good sign it's coming this month.

what i don't get is that the document says the curve will be 4g lte, but the bold supposedly isn't.
    Got to be a typo, but I agree it looks like an August release date is in the cards for us.
    08-03-11 09:09 PM
    The lack of LTE could be due to space and the inclusion of NFC which seems to be missing from the Curve. Still the curve is lower on the BB ladder so why would it get LTE over the Bold.
    atlawson likes this.
    08-03-11 09:19 PM
    The lack of LTE could be due to space and the inclusion of NFC which seems to be missing from the Curve. Still the curve is lower on the BB ladder so why would it get LTE over the Bold.
    And have you seen the Curves battery? On 4G LTE? ...that'll last all of 20 minutes
    08-03-11 09:23 PM
    the newer 4g driods do pretty well on batterys. i have a charge and a bold and the bold last a little longer, but is no where near as fast.

i would take a 4g lte bold over a 3g, even if i had to carry 3 extra batteries around.
    08-03-11 10:10 PM
    I agree, unless RIM has a great way to manage battery life then 4G just isn't going to happen for now. Verizon has already stated their long term goal is VoLTE and a 4G network with 3G going away. This will force all of the OS players to get it done along with the mfg's to get the battery life figured out.

I had the Droid Charge and ThunderBolt and both had extended batteries. The Charge lasted far longer than the ThunderBolt ever did but they need really big batteries to get through a day.
    08-04-11 07:15 AM
    +1 on that!
    08-04-11 09:57 AM
    are we closer to a release date ? lol
    08-04-11 10:40 AM
    About 4 mins closer now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    maevinj likes this.
    08-04-11 10:44 AM
    I need a 9930 NOW!

I am still dragging on a 9550 :-(
    08-04-11 09:33 PM
    I think all of the Verizon branding we've seen leaked and even the video demonstration we caught on the official Verizon site says a lot.

Also, don't forget that the Verizon CMO said 3 new BlackBerrys this year.

Verizon Wireless CMO Marni Walden Confirms 3 BlackBerry devices for this Year � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

There is no way BIGRED is leaving out BlackBerry. Trust!
    Thanks for reposting the link. All of us that are VZW customers have to be patient!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Coachbulldog; 08-04-11 at 10:27 PM.
    08-04-11 10:20 PM
    sounds exciting....my Tour has about had it, im all up on memory and its asking me everyday to delete apps i use daily haha!
    08-04-11 10:24 PM
    I need a 9930 NOW!

I am still dragging on a 9550 :-(
    We need a support group, seriously.

As for the talk of a 4g curve.....the posibilities that brings with bridge functionality are quite tasty but I'll pass. Well, at least till I see one in first person.
    Last edited by digdah; 08-04-11 at 10:59 PM.
    08-04-11 10:55 PM
    I sure hope we hear something soon from Verizon. This is getting frustrating...
    08-04-11 10:59 PM
    Who ever said "no news is good news"?
    08-05-11 06:09 AM
    A few "sources" are saying the 10th or 11th. If this is true then we'll probably get an anouncement on Sunday. Here's hoping.
    08-05-11 09:42 AM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. my work depends on these blackberries and RIM has seriously dropped the ball here. I don't want to here the excuses on why it is the carrier's fault. And Verizon not giving customers and information is also completely irresponsible and ridiculous. RIMs stock is dropping like a stone every day. Not even this marketing and attempt at hype is helping. Obviously big players know more about whats really going on. The stock is reflecting that.

I am married to blackberries/BES for the time being but I am one pissed off customer and I won't soon forget this both with Verizon and RIM.
    08-05-11 09:42 AM
    I chatted with a CSR online who said they weren't getting the 9930 at all.... hopefully its another clueless peon.

ME: i was looking online and saw there was a remake of the bold announced this week, is verizon getting this phone any time soon?
    Melishia: I have not heard of use getting the Bold device. I am sure we are not getting this phone now since it has been over 1 year since the device has come put.
    Melishia: out*
    Melishia: AT&T I know is releasing a Touch screen bold but we are not.
    ME: really?
    Melishia: Yes. It is not us.
    08-05-11 10:08 AM
    i could be wrong, but after seeing pics of the vzw branded 9930 boot image and the video on VZW itself, there's no doubt in my mind that it's coming to vzw..

EDIT: haha, i gues prefacing that with "i could be wrong" means there is some doubt in my mind after all. oh well.
    08-05-11 10:15 AM
    lol...sounds like you have a great sense of entitlement!

This is absolutely ridiculous. my work depends on these blackberries and RIM has seriously dropped the ball here. I don't want to here the excuses on why it is the carrier's fault. And Verizon not giving customers and information is also completely irresponsible and ridiculous. RIMs stock is dropping like a stone every day. Not even this marketing and attempt at hype is helping. Obviously big players know more about whats really going on. The stock is reflecting that.

I am married to blackberries/BES for the time being but I am one pissed off customer and I won't soon forget this both with Verizon and RIM.
    08-05-11 10:19 AM
    i could be wrong, but after seeing pics of the vzw branded 9930 boot image and the video on VZW itself, there's no doubt in my mind that it's coming to vzw..

EDIT: haha, i gues prefacing that with "i could be wrong" means there is some doubt in my mind after all. oh well.
    not to mention the fact that vzw's CMO confirmed three blackberries this year which, will be the 9930, curve, and the torch.
    08-05-11 10:21 AM
    lol...sounds like you have a great sense of entitlement!
    What does it have to do with entitlement? How about treating your customers right. I am not just a fanboy customer. I am a BES administrator and I am tasked with planning this stuff out for my company. How the **** am I supposed to do my job if Verizon and Rim continually offer no information to their customers and continue to treat them this way???

Go take your entitlement comment and stick it you know where. Business customers who are getting shafted with little to no information are justified in their frustration. The stock price is reflecting that perfectly.
    maevinj and gwzach like this.
    08-05-11 10:33 AM
    funny and sooo mature!. you can always take your business elsewhere. i did. it's kinda how this country operates. you are not happy with a company, you switch.

vzn doesn't make advance announcements these days. i expect the phone to be announced soon and released a few days later.

What does it have to do with entitlement? How about treating your customers right. I am not just a fanboy customer. I am a BES administrator and I am tasked with planning this stuff out for my company. How the **** am I supposed to do my job if Verizon and Rim continually offer no information to their customers and continue to treat them this way???

Go take your entitlement comment and stick it you know where. Business customers who are getting shafted with little to no information are justified in their frustration. The stock price is reflecting that perfectly.
    08-05-11 11:01 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD