View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
02-26-12 09:29 PM
252 12345 ...
tools
    One can only wonder what song you would sing were yours to nuke or brick while on a foreign trip.
    Improvise my friend. React, adapt and overcome. You can still throw a few exploitives though.
    11-27-11 09:53 PM
    Love it. Not so much as a hiccup so far
    11-27-11 10:03 PM
    So far so good, Yes, I am Happy!
    11-27-11 10:15 PM
    The 9900 is wonderful...especially after suffering with a Torch for a couple months...
    11-27-11 10:48 PM
    rate of satisfaction is > 80% If there are no bricking issues, it would probably go up...
    11-28-11 10:10 AM
    One can only wonder what song you would sing were yours to nuke or brick while on a foreign trip.
    Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, I believe. Please share yours, if you haven't already.
    11-28-11 10:13 AM
    Anyone else have opinion or experiences? All are welcome. Please vote!
    11-29-11 08:51 AM
    Has anyone tried out the white 9900? I'm thinking about getting one, but I've held back from buying one when I heard there were cheap plastics used. I'm thinking about getting it with a hard white case though.
    11-29-11 09:15 AM
    Has anyone tried out the white 9900? I'm thinking about getting one, but I've held back from buying one when I heard there were cheap plastics used. I'm thinking about getting it with a hard white case though.
    Love the white. THinking about the hard case too.
    11-29-11 09:24 AM
    I upgraded to the 9930. I was a bit nervous as I've never been thrilled about "touch screens". Having said that, and having gotten used to the new OS 7; I Absolutely LOVE it!!!!
    I would, however, recommend to anyone with, or planning to get one, to get one of the "Slide Lock" apps. I purchased X-Slide for .99 cents and it makes everything SO much easier!!
    -JoeyLee*
    11-29-11 09:45 AM
    I'm very satisfied and pleased with my new 9900. Granted I've had it for only 4 days but its very appealing physically and operationally.
    11-29-11 10:06 AM
    Totally happy with my berry
    11-29-11 10:23 AM
    Upgraded from 9700, and i can say i am really satisfied with it as it meets all my expectation when deciding to upgrade. Will be using it for a long time probably.
    11-29-11 10:29 AM
    Overall happy with the 9900 except for one item. The camera, which lacks auto-focus. This is supposed to be a business phone and the camera takes a very fuzzy picture up close. It is useless for business card apps that extract all of the contact data from a picture of a business card. My work colleagues are able with their Droids and iPhones to snap a clear photograph of a business card and instantly have the data added to their contacts. Not the case for me with the lousy non auto-focus camera an my Bold 9900. I have to enter the data manually.
    11-29-11 11:20 AM
    as you can see by the eighty three percent positive responce,bb bold is the phone of choice by many people.all the negativity in this forum is unfounded and overreactive
    11-29-11 11:31 AM
    as you can see by the eighty three percent positive responce,bb bold is the phone of choice by many people.all the negativity in this forum is unfounded and overreactive
    Oh Haha!! Mr Angry....fix my reception and I can deal with the battery. What is not over reactive is me not being able to get a signal and someone standing next to me getting a signal on a 3 year old Nokia on the same carrier.....that I find unsatisfactory.
    11-29-11 01:48 PM
    Not really. Expected a tad bit more. And I know people are gonna say, "oh consumers are never satisfied, they always want more" and I concur but you have to keep up with the current technology. Can't always be 1 step behind. I know they're bringing out BBX next year but it might be little too late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What about the 9900/9930 is a step behind? What does it not do that you want it to do or that Android of iPhones do? I am not trying to be a j e r k (can't believe that was censored!) just curious what you think is lacking or missing.
    11-29-11 02:27 PM
    Love mine !!!
    11-29-11 02:33 PM
    @malyfsborin88,

One thing 9900 is not falling behind on is the integration of the NFC technology.
    While most of the new BBs have NFC capability, only 2 Android phones have it. iPhone simply doesn't have it (falling behind).

BlackBerry is the only smart phone on the planet that is approved to do payment using the SIM, something that is going to be liked by carriers around the world.

NFC can be used for payment, building access control, transit systems and many other cool stuff using tags.

Now, the reason why iPhone is falling so much behind is not known. But they really disapointed many after releasing only one new model this year, a model that doesn't have anything new except extra pixels on the camera (which is useless whith the limited physical size of the camera lenz) and a faster processor that eats the battery power at a unnecessary high rate.

What BlackBerry always falls behind on is advertising, and on paying for those who do negative advertising for competitors!
    Competitors doing a much better job on this one!
    11-29-11 02:55 PM
    I upgraded to the 9930. I was a bit nervous as I've never been thrilled about "touch screens". Having said that, and having gotten used to the new OS 7; I Absolutely LOVE it!!!!
    I would, however, recommend to anyone with, or planning to get one, to get one of the "Slide Lock" apps. I purchased X-Slide for .99 cents and it makes everything SO much easier!!
    -JoeyLee*
    Tell me more about the X-Slide, sounds like something I would be interested in. Thanks
    11-29-11 07:20 PM
    I have the VZW 9930 and I had some trouble after the 1st upgrade to the VZW .374. After I was able to do a re-install of VZW's .374, all has basically been ok. I love the phone and all it can do. I'm just hopeful that VZW comes out with an update to help solve some of the battery issues and little quirks. It's still the best Bold I've ever had and I really love this phone. I guess I'll just keep carrying my extra battery until the 9930's get their fix. 9900/9930's are a great product.
    11-29-11 07:22 PM
    I upgraded from an 8330 to the 9900. I absolutely love my new handset. iPhones are for girls - the Bold 9900 is a MAN's phone!
    11-29-11 07:29 PM
    I would be happy with mine IF it didn't reboot 4 times a day on it's own. Can't recommend BB at this time.
    11-29-11 07:52 PM
    I would be happy with mine IF it didn't reboot 4 times a day on it's own. Can't recommend BB at this time.
    You've come to the right place for resolving your issues. This forum has many experts that can give advice.
    11-29-11 07:58 PM
    I loved it, but then I hated it and then I sold it on craigslist for $420. Unless you're an avid texter/emailer, you're gonna love the phone simply for the keyboard, this phone is gonna suck for anything else. If they had taken out the crappy camera and the touch screen, I'm sure most BB 9900 lovers would not have minded. They probably would rationalize and say they have a $200 camera to take pictures with.

If you haven't already done so, you'll have to install the new OS in order to improve the battery life. It's too high maintenance for such an expensive device. It's like buying a Merceded Benz and then having to take it in for repairs all the time. Just scroll through all the issues in this forum.

If you're looking for cool phone features, then the Bold 9900 won't live up to it.

I now own the HTC Mytouch 4G Slide and I love it! I googled "best camera phone" and the Mytouch popped up. I has one of the best cameras on a cell phone right now, not to mention, A KEYBOARD! All the other best camera phones on the list didn't have the keyboard, so I said NEXXT!

I sold my blackberry and got this one for 300 bucks on craigslist (199 with a new contract) and felt like I would come back and share my experience, because I would have loved if someone who left their BB 9900 for another phone, came back and shared why.
    11-29-11 07:58 PM
252 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD