View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
02-26-12 10:29 PM
252 1234 ...
tools
    I am very happy with my 9930. I have it paired with my PlayBook and they both serve me well. I am a business man and having these two devices helps me make money every day. I don't need all the apps and bs that the iphone or ipad has. I can do things so much quicker than the iphone and android user, they really don't compare to me.

I'm not real happy to hear of the bricking issues but I know RIM will come through with a fix shortly.

RIM for life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 05:17 PM
    only had my 9900 for a week. This thing is amazing! Awesome pics, videos and the screen is so crisp and clear! Keyboard is amazing as well
    11-24-11 05:56 PM
    Love mine, had it since day one with AT&T, nary a problem whatsoever, of course I never had problems with my 9800 or my 9000 either, guess some people are just lucky.
    11-24-11 07:57 PM
    Love it! I did have some hourglassing/battery issues in month 3 but after OS .540, whole new ballgame.

11-24-11 07:58 PM
    I'm all for it. So far, loving it!

11-24-11 08:44 PM
    For those who have problems with the phone, stick around this forum for opinion and solutions. For those who have migrated away from bb or 99xx ... Just wondering.. what are you doing here anyway? You are still welcome by everyone I'm sure, but If you want/miss your old BB so much that you checkout this forum regularly, just migrate back!
    Lastly, please Vote 9900/9930 owner!
    Last edited by guzprom; 11-25-11 at 01:18 AM.
    11-24-11 09:58 PM
    I have been using mine for the past 3 weeks and I love it! The keyboard really is the best I have ever used on a phone. The overall feel of the device is very nice and I can actually see myself going 2 years with this phone. Hope RIM keeps this one going I don't think I could ever go back to the 9700 size again.
    11-25-11 12:45 AM
    Please vote 99xx owners! To inform future 99xx buyers about our emotions, feelings, thinkings.. so they can make informed decision on their next smart phone.
    It is black friday, and people are going to shop!
    Very indicative voting result so far towards satisfied users. But, we shall see.. feel free to comment or link this thread to anyone having doubts or questions about this excelent device.
    11-25-11 10:51 AM
    No complaints here. I am constanly ranting and raving to my friends about how awesome my 9930 is and my girlfriend calls it my second girlfriend. Haha!

The keyboard is umm.... orgasmic. I love how fast and smooth OS 7 runs and that is because I came from using curves. Why I never upgraded to a Bold before I have no idea. But I'm glad I waited until now.

As for battery life... mine is fantasic! But I noticed I got supreme battery life by doing this: drain it down to about 30% a couple times then when fully charged do a few battery pulls. I haven't charged my 9930 18 hours and I'm sitting at 70% battery life left with moderate use. I also usually charge it every night as well.

And it will only get better when more OS's come in.
    11-25-11 11:25 AM
    It's great, loving the combination of keyboard and touchscreen The way the keyboard types is great as well, so is the OS and ... and ... and... Very happy as you might have noticed
    11-25-11 11:44 AM
    Actual owners of Blackberrys - 1
    Trolls - 0
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-25-11 11:50 AM
    Well, I'm terribly dissapointed because the larger screen and keyboard are just a gimmick.

The faster processor may be 2x faster than last years fastest BB but now I'm just going to get more work done faster so "The Man" is just exploiting me more. I own my own business so I'm exploiting myself. Do you know how hard that is?

The push e-mail and messaging is terrible. I get the news faster than anyone and that sucks. Have you seen the news lately?

The secure messaging has me sending a BBM to my wife with my bank account information because she knows we can send it securely if she realizes she forgot it when at the bank.

I also hate the ability to super charge my media keys. I have my flashlight set to 2 clicks and a couple of nights ago, I used it to help give a complete stranger a jump in the middle of the street. Sure, it was easy but If I had a different device I could have just said "I think I have an app for that but I can't find it in this phone's 497 useless apps" so I would just keep driving and screw the stranger. I'm so mad at BlackBerry because it was raining and because my Bold 9930 is so fast and awesome I did not have an excuse not to help him.

I also hate the fact that my Bold 9930 allows me to bridge with my Playbook. How are we going to support our beloved carriers if they can't charge us $50.00 bucks for a 3g tablet? They should just fire the CEO's. Terrible. I hate saving money!!!

But what I hate the most is the NFC. I mean, before I could just tell my wife I forgot to tell her I was coming home but now thanks to NFC, I send her a message every day when I'm heading home, I turn off wifi, btooth, and launch Vlingo. Why do I hate saving time and being more consistent? Because now my wife can count on me to keep her informed and sometimes she may need me to pick something up at the store on the way home. More work for me! I don't care that she has three young boys to care for. What about me? and the battery savings never lets me get to swap batteries.

Lastly, getting $100.00 dollars in free apps is horrible. What if I don't like the apps? I mean, they are just trying to get me to spend more money. I don't know how but you know those Canadians. They are up to something.

NOT!

I love my Bold 9930 and Playbook.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-25-11 at 12:14 PM.
    wolfee48, guzprom, npunk42 and 6 others like this.
    11-25-11 12:01 PM
    I own my own business so I'm exploiting myself. Do you know how hard that is?
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Hahaha! Sometimes I think it was better when someone else was handling me, I didnt have to do it myself.
    Good stuff.
    11-25-11 01:20 PM
    Very satisfied. It's the ultimate BB ... everything I liked about the original Bold 9000, and vast improvements over the things I didn't like. Now with over a week on .540, battery life is almost as good as it was with the 9800. I can easily go all day between charges; sometimes just throwing it on the charger for an hour while I'm getting ready for work is enough to bring it back to 100%. Cannot complain with that. Browser is quick, keyboard is out of this world. Love it. No clocks, no problems. Except for AT&T, but that's for another thread.
    11-25-11 06:19 PM
    I bought my 9900 the first day it came out and love it. The social feeds/messaging system is in my opinion second to none. The negatives on a device of this form factor were washed away last week when I picked up a Playbook.
    11-25-11 06:47 PM
    Anyone else wants to share? please vote!
    11-26-11 01:26 AM
    Some people are still asking about opinions so, everyone's opinion is welcome! and do vote...
    11-26-11 01:38 PM
    It's a part of my body now. Can't live a day without my 9900.
    11-26-11 03:13 PM
    I see that some people are still voting. Please vote to inform. Which ever way you vote, it is ok.
    11-27-11 01:13 PM
    First brand new phone I've purchased in some time. After less than 2 months, it failed to recover from a 0% battery. Getting a replacement tomorrow, but it is costing me money

So far, I have felt that the touch screen is not as responsive as it should be - I often ended up using the scroll button. I would have preferred a larger screen, but I got this phone out of the need to have a non-camera phone. Otherwise, it had been working well.
    11-27-11 01:27 PM
    My bold 9930 is the best phone i've had to date. I switched to the iphone 4 to see if how I would like it and I switched back to blackberry in a week. The only thing I don't like is the screen size and i'm thinking of switching back to the torch 9850 for the screen size. The battery life is great and the keyboard is amazing.
    11-27-11 02:18 PM
    Iv been with Blackberry for 5 years (iPhone 3GS for 8 months somewhere in between). As far as how I feel about the phone. It's easily the best Blackberry on the market. The look and feel is great. Notorious keyboard at its best. The new OS 7 to top It off is good. Oh.. Ya and the TOUCHSCREEEN! mint/perfect. As far as my experience with the 9900 its been good in most ways. My FIRST 9900 berry I had for 4days, I felt the batt life was dead and as I was walking into BestBuy to exchange my Blackberry.. It bricked LOL.. So my 2nd berry (current) has been much better. Battery seem.... Better (more/less based on threads I seen on Crackberry) and iv had it. Recently I noticed since upgrading to .503 iv noticed a lot of spinning clocks for a long time. Plus I recently got water (vapor) in my blackberry speaker. I'm going in for my 3rd exchange because overall: this is my FAVORITE Blackberry (comin from 9780, 9700, 9000 and 8900) the best Bold. I suggest you get this over an iPhone 4. Technology isn't always perfect people that's the thing we all forget. Video game consoles suck, computers suck. Some people get lucky some people don't. Its all about manufacture, where you live & your carrier. That aside. The 9900 from what I can see untill BBX.

Ps is BBX gonna be only on a full Touch phone?

Last edited by Hi Tek; 11-27-11 at 02:56 PM.
    11-27-11 02:53 PM
    This is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. I had the Curve 8520 and several other non smart phones before this one and by far, this one is the best. I cannot compare to other smart phones available today, however I do hear other people that I know that are always griping about their phones. I think for the most part all these people that are complaining about this device have no patience and are completely spoiled. Sorry if anyone here is a offended but come on. . . When does anyone get it right the first time.

Everyone complaining about something as trivial as their phone not working, be patient and just be thankful that you have can afford to buy and use such great technology. Seriously, get over yourselves. Thank you RIM for making such a great device! My Vote. Get one!
    11-27-11 08:29 PM
    This is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. I had the Curve 8520 and several other non smart phones before this one and by far, this one is the best. I cannot compare to other smart phones available today, however I do hear other people that I know that are always griping about their phones. I think for the most part all these people that are complaining about this device have no patience and are completely spoiled. Sorry if anyone here is a offended but come on. . . When does anyone get it right the first time.

Everyone complaining about something as trivial as their phone not working, be patient and just be thankful that you have can afford to buy and use such great technology. Seriously, get over yourselves. Thank you RIM for making such a great device! My Vote. Get one!
    One can only wonder what song you would sing were yours to nuke or brick while on a foreign trip.
    11-27-11 09:03 PM
    It appears that RIM has not done anything with it's B.I.S. as of three weeks ago I was still getting emails I could not open ( of course the people on the IOS and Android devices had zero problems ).

Given that each one of those emails were business related and I was in the company of others this was disturbing - what's happened to RIM? The guy who does the advertising for the company I work for said he left BB a couple years ago for the same reason as he would get PDF's of 4.5mb's or larger and frankly got tired of packing his notebook around with him when he realized an iphone had ZERO problems opening an email like that.

I still like BB and wished I could have justified keeping my 9930 however with three of the phones going tit's up on me in the same number of months COMBINED with the lack of business email support AND the issue with the EDOF camera I called it quits.

If RIM straightens up it's act and starts making sure it's products can do as much "business" as the Android and iphone I will for sure be back on a bold with a real keyboard - damn I miss that keyboard.
    11-27-11 09:15 PM
252 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD