View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
    I have UberSocial, but unfortunately it's not as fast as TweetGenius when it comes to posting tweets. The time taken for U.S to post a tweet is about as fast as TG posting a couple of 'em.
    Disabling the Secure option really speeds it up. I also find hitting Cancel and then Send Tweet, it speeds it up. But you'll also need to have "Enter key sends tweet" enabled for that to happen, as it involves hitting it twice. Doesn't apply to wifi, but for the mobile network. The ping is usually 100ms or higher which makes it look really slow. Ping, the higher the ms, the more the lag.
    02-05-12 03:48 AM
    There are so many bad vibe and news and incidence regarding the phone. Lets vote guys, so that people who wants to buy but undecided would have a real feedback so they can decide properly and not based solely on people's negative comments.

Are you happy with your 9900/9930?
    I was until it bricked last week for no good reason, despite all the other issues I was having with it (e.g. poor battery life, light emitting thru a crack near the micro USB port, browser not connecting to wi-fi when 3G is enabled, device not connecting to wi-fi at all when traveling overseas, device not connecting to any mobile network when traveling to certain countries, refusing to download or install certain compatible apps, etc.).
    02-05-12 04:18 PM
    I was until it bricked last week for no good reason, despite all the other issues I was having with it (e.g. poor battery life, light emitting thru a crack near the micro USB port, browser not connecting to wi-fi when 3G is enabled, device not connecting to wi-fi at all when traveling overseas, device not connecting to any mobile network when traveling to certain countries, refusing to download or install certain compatible apps, etc.).
    I cannot see how you would have benn happy with all those problems. I have not seen those issues generally reported here but I may have missed the posts.
    02-05-12 04:22 PM
    Update the device software if you haven't already done so. It solved half of those issues for me, the hardware issues, that cannot be solved. Warranty exchange is your option for hardware issues, unless you've taken yours apart.

02-05-12 04:24 PM
    Update the device software if you haven't already done so. It solved half of those issues for me, the hardware issues, that cannot be solved. Warranty exchange is your option for hardware issues, unless you've taken yours apart.
    I did update the software several times and still had all those issues, although battery life was slightly better but still poor in comparison to previous BB models. Now that it's bricked I can't do anything, reloading the device software does not work and I've tried all the suggested procedures. Warranty exchange is what I'm doing but I'd rather sell the replacement than use it.
    02-05-12 05:05 PM
    I did update the software several times and still had all those issues, although battery life was slightly better but still poor in comparison to previous BB models. Now that it's bricked I can't do anything, reloading the device software does not work and I've tried all the suggested procedures. Warranty exchange is what I'm doing but I'd rather sell the replacement than use it.
    I am beginning to think the 99xx wasn't right for you. Oh well, enjoy the next one and make the best out of it! (the 9810 is sexy in my opinion, but I'm not a fan of sliders yet :P it also uses the FS1 battery, there are extended ones that don't require a decoder for a low price on ebay and outperform the stock battery )
    02-05-12 05:08 PM
    I'm more than satisfied with my Bold 9930.I upgraded to the Bold from the Pearl 8130 and it has been a totally different experience using a BlackBerry.
    02-05-12 07:25 PM
    Just battery life i'm afraid, but not many smartphones have a good battery life...
    02-06-12 03:16 AM
    Not happy, my BB 9900 died (
    02-06-12 06:30 AM
    So as far as i can see i should buy one of it. I mean if most of you are happy, it must be a good smartphone. Right ?
    02-06-12 06:42 AM
    Yes, I am....I had a 9700, but 9900 is better !!!
    02-06-12 07:34 AM
    There's no choice of neutral!

I just discovered last night the headphone jack doesn't work. Typing inside a browser is laggy. Not to mention the stupid deutsch input isn't a qwertz layout.

I'm starting to think it's not much of an improvement over my 9800!
    02-06-12 08:14 AM
    There's no choice of neutral!

I just discovered last night the headphone jack doesn't work. Typing inside a browser is laggy. Not to mention the stupid deutsch input isn't a qwertz layout.

I'm starting to think it's not much of an improvement over my 9800!
    Sorry. No moddle grounds on this one
    02-18-12 07:21 AM
    ive been on my 9930 for quite a bit. and i havent experienced any complaints ive read here, apart from the battery life, which was solved by wiping the device and just installing the core apps.

im really happy and i love this phone. i was to buy the 4s or the galaxy nexus but my hands was looking for that qwerty keyboard i loved from my old 9300.
    02-18-12 08:57 AM
    Thought I would bump this as there seems to be a lot of complaints which may affect the results.

A question though. Why does the poll not identify the voters?
    I wasn't familiar about the voting system in the forum. So when the option was given I chose voter's privacy. I should have chosen voter transparancy instead come to think of it... My bad.
    02-18-12 01:27 PM
    The 9900 was almost great. I was so excited to get it last August. It has a beautiful touch screen, plus the track pad and keyboard, all in a thin and light package with a reliable, secure, and highly productive OS.

But the battery hardly lasts a day. There is very little memory for apps. And that EDOF camera ... what were they thinking?!

At first this didn't bug me, but then I started to realize that if I didn't care about battery life, I could get an Android (with a far superior selection of apps). And without an autofocus camera, a whole class of apps are off limits (e.g., bar code readers, document scanners, etc.).

So now the 9900 sits idle while the Atrix is my main phone. I really *want* to come back to Blackberry, but we'll see.
    02-18-12 02:05 PM
    Omg, yes. I love this phone so much. There was only one thing that bothered me about it (the creaky space bar), but that seems to have fixed itself (haha, wow). Other things I can deal with (like the "not so good camera, or the battery life that I haven't ever had a problem with), because I have absolutely no problem with this phone...except that I love the keyboard so much that I end up typing like paragraph-long texts on a regular basis, lol.
    02-18-12 02:08 PM
    I see no real issues so far that would make me change to another device. The bold is a all around solid work horse.
    02-18-12 02:32 PM
    I see no real issues so far that would make me change to another device. The bold is a all around solid work horse.
    An all around solid work horse. Couldn't descibe it better
    02-19-12 10:31 AM
    An all around solid work horse. Couldn't descibe it better
    My 9330 is Awesome.
    02-19-12 04:11 PM
    For those who aspires to buy 99xx, and for those naysayers who come here in this blackberry forum, in this 99xx thread, for reasons I know not why (peace)
    Let us remind ourselves again of the vote from real users and their comment in this forum.
    02-26-12 01:26 AM
    My Bold 9900 is the device I would whip out to make my schedules, reminders and emails. Typing on the 9900 keyboard beats any keyboard. Never regretted buying it but if only the battery was a tad better as I engaged in social apps frequently and that kills the battery.

Key to happiness is when nothing matters enough to bother you.
    02-26-12 01:31 AM
    I've never been more satisfied or in love with a piece of tech. I manage my life with it, it is as essential as the hands using it.
    02-26-12 02:57 AM
    I drop in again, gotta say i'm still happy with my 9900.
    02-26-12 07:35 AM
    I drop in again, gotta say i'm still happy with my 9900.
    I have to agree, I am still loving mine. Not a single problem and I still have the same device since 8/24/11.

BlackBerry PlayBook® 2.0 using Tapatalk™
    02-26-12 06:09 PM
252 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD