View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
02-26-12 10:29 PM
252 123 ...
tools
    There are so many bad vibe and news and incidence regarding the phone. Lets vote guys, so that people who wants to buy but undecided would have a real feedback so they can decide properly and not based solely on people's negative comments.

Are you happy with your 9900/9930?
    drum, kemj, hammerhead102 and 4 others like this.
    11-24-11 05:37 AM
    Not really. Expected a tad bit more. And I know people are gonna say, "oh consumers are never satisfied, they always want more" and I concur but you have to keep up with the current technology. Can't always be 1 step behind. I know they're bringing out BBX next year but it might be little too late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 05:49 AM
    yes love it no problems yet !!
    11-24-11 06:08 AM
    i'm extremely happy with mine. it serves me well. i use exensively tasks, email, bbm, text messaging, blackberry news, browser, blackberry traffic (can't wait for the voice feature out of beta), beweather, facebook, password keeper, pandora, poynt and recently vlingo. when i have some free time, i play aces solitaire 2 spider, and bejewel.

another the nice thing for me is to be able to switch between different input methods for english and other languages continuously without leaving the keyboard.

my sister is ready to make a switch from her curve javelin to this bold this weekend. there were four javelin users in our family and we all have switched to the bold except her. her husband is using an iphone 4 which imo is a very nice device; however, my sister still wants the bold, the keyboard beast.
    Last edited by imcurved; 11-24-11 at 06:26 AM.
    bhill0821 likes this.
    11-24-11 06:20 AM
    Love it.

Especially with .540
    Hi Tek likes this.
    11-24-11 07:12 AM
    I'm not happy and I don't think I will be happy in the remaining time of my contract. This could well be my last BlackBerry. This is my second 9900 since the release and this one is also very buggy. The 9900 is a huge disappointment compared to my 9700!
    11-24-11 07:21 AM
    We hope anyone who has the bricking issues will be able to fix their problems quickly and without any more hassle from such a flagship product. Rim will make a fix. for those who want to share their experience, please leave a reply or/and vote. Personally coming from bold 9700, its a quatum leap in terms of screen resolution, size. speed and responsiveness. and last but not least keayboard. I have 6 emails, 200+ contacts doing their thing without any problem. glad i can share.
    11-24-11 11:26 AM
    Let's vote!
    Last edited by guzprom; 11-25-11 at 11:00 AM.
    11-24-11 11:35 AM
    4th BlackBerry and the best smartphone ever!
    This 9900 is magic!
    And now in combination with my PlayBook, junked the iPad2 and I have the most powerful combo.
    BlackBerry rocks!
    11-24-11 11:50 AM
    im generally happy , after using it for a week...

but from what i've read so far, RIM hopefully will correct the problems that many have encountered, seeing that the bold series is their top seller
    11-24-11 11:52 AM
    I'm more than happy... upgraded to .540 yesterday and so far it's great... Battery life issue is solved, functionality is great, design is AMAZING...

I think this poll is very indicative of how bad news always gets more of the spotlight than good news... Thanks OP!
    guzprom likes this.
    11-24-11 11:59 AM
    Remember when all people talking about is bad battery life with this phone in this bold forum? Now that's not an issue anymore after OS .503, and .540... I hope similar solution is out for bricking/nuked or whatever, cause that's the only thing that's making people worry. After that this phone will be truly a great blackberry!
    11-24-11 12:01 PM
    Yes, I am very happy! I have had mine since the beginning of Setptember and have had no problems whatsoever!
    Agree totally with imcurved, I do all that plus more.
    I was thinking about switching to the iphone when Sprint came out with them, but I just love BB's qwerty on all the BB Bold's, but the 9930 has got to be the best!
    11-24-11 12:04 PM
    Yes, I am very happy! I have had mine since the beginning of Setptember and have had no problems whatsoever!
    Agree totally with imcurved, I do all that plus more.
    I was thinking about switching to the iphone when Sprint came out with them, but I just love BB's qwerty on all the BB Bold's, but the 9930 has got to be the best!
    Yes! exactly how I think about this phone. That's why I am so confused about all the bad/negativity, founded or not, and I decided to make this vote. To clarify, or be proven wrong I still feel bad about those who faced the brick/nuke issue. I don't think its a widespread problem though. RIMM should have avoided such an issue and come up with a fix, definitely yes. It's still a great phone.. Let's vote people!
    Last edited by guzprom; 11-25-11 at 10:59 AM.
    11-24-11 12:09 PM
    As has been said before, the vast majority of people who use these forums do so only when they have a problem.

There must be hundreds of thousands of people out there with a 9900/9930 who have no issues whatsoever.

If the device was so bad then surely the carriers would withdraw it from sale ....
    11-24-11 12:14 PM
    I am very happy with my 9900. It's a great device and it's serving me very well . To many more years with BlackBerry!
    11-24-11 12:17 PM
    I'm very happy with mine, and I came from an iPhone 4, and 4S. Sure, It doesn't have the apps that the iPhone does, but that's my only issue, the hardware is fast and I've found it to be stable, and my battery life has improved significantly over the past 2 days, I'm now getting 18-19 hours on heavy usage.

While the reports of bricking is somewhat unsettling, I've had no issues, and plan to keep my 9900 has my "daily driver" for the foreseeable future.
    guzprom likes this.
    11-24-11 12:21 PM
    I'm very happy with mine, and I came from an iPhone 4, and 4S. Sure, It doesn't have the apps that the iPhone does, but that's my only issue, the hardware is fast and I've found it to be stable, and my battery life has improved significantly over the past 2 days, I'm now getting 18-19 hours on heavy usage.

While the reports of bricking is somewhat unsettling, I've had no issues, and plan to keep my 9900 has my "daily driver" for the foreseeable future.
    I can't say it better. I use samsung Note and Ipad myself, an android and an iOS which are supposed to be "better" but hey... Why don't I ever reply my mails/chats in ipad or samsung note? cause its not intuitive and fast like a computer/ blackberry gives you. Ask people who migrated from an iphone, they will confirm this. nothing beats a keyboard.
    Last edited by guzprom; 11-24-11 at 12:31 PM.
    11-24-11 12:25 PM
    I love and am absolutely with my BB.

It works flawlessly for me and I haven't had any issues with bricking/nuking. The only thing that I have seen or experienced is a very small cosmetic imperfection. On the bottom siding where the plastic charging piece is, one edge is out a slight bit. Most probably wouldn't even notice it since it is such a small bit, but I can be a bit obsessive of my BBs at times! There's no problem with functionality though.

I've been on different phone platforms before but I love BB the best. It may not have the app selection as on others but it works wonderfully and I just miss it whenever I'm gone.

11-24-11 12:49 PM
    I am more than happy with mine. Great battery life, THE BEST keyboard, ROCK solid OS (for me at least) quick UI, stunning screen clarity, one of the finest resolution phone screens available, A1 call clarity, fast processer etc etc. To sum it up for me, I can do the main things a business person does, email, sms, BBM, take notes, and phone, much faster and more efficiently than any Iphone or Android user I have ever been aquainted with. End of story.

11-24-11 01:15 PM
    Love the phone, love the keyboard, love the touch screen. Voted unsatisfied as I am unhappy with the battery and the fact the phone drops signal where other mobiles don't.
    11-24-11 01:38 PM
    I absolutely love mine. Just got it a week ago on at&t. I upgraded from the iphone 3gs and I must say I have never been happier. Much better for actually communicating with people and the browser experience feels almost better than the 3gs. No problems at all thus far.
    -cdub

11-24-11 01:55 PM
    I love my 9930 no problems at all.my only wish is themes .I like changing them.very satisfied otherwise.

11-24-11 01:59 PM
    Best smart phone I ever had. The keypad is priceless.

The smothness, batterylife, keypad leave every other smart phone in the dust.

Have had it since day 1 when it become available.
    No bricking issue. Just rocking issue (it rocks all the time!)
    11-24-11 02:01 PM
    loving this phone!! worth every penny i spent on it ! (600 cdn $)
    why do people complain so much? if you wanna jump ship then go ahead ! no one is stopping you.

ill love rim forever !
    11-24-11 04:14 PM
252 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD