View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
    Thought I would bump this as there seems to be a lot of complaints which may affect the results.

A question though. Why does the poll not identify the voters?
    01-24-12 01:49 PM
    9630 to a Droid X to a Bold 9930. Had my 9930 since October and forgot to post my opinion. I'm very happy with my 9930. Battery life is great and had no problems yet. Miss the 4.3 inch screen but the keyboard makes up for it.
    01-24-12 02:44 PM
    This phone is trash !!! Im tired of how buggy this softwear is!!! Right now my media folder is gone. Im tired of this dumb clock and no i dont leave a million apps open. I dont even have that many app period. Im tired of making excuses for rim and my phone. I want to be happy so bad but i might have to move on. MY keyboard is also acting stupid im just tired.

One thing i hate about blackberry users is we seem to think our phones cant be fun. The first thing people say when debating apple vs rim Is whoa i dont want a bunch of fart apps. -_____- really how bout iphone can just be fun at times. Damm can i play word with friends without feeling like i like toys. Im not saying i want an iphone because i dont its far 2 limited for me. Im just saying im tired of this phone and i need this new update fast! I actually have a replacement unit coming today smh.

Im done venting
    01-27-12 02:55 PM
    I'm very happy with it. No problem so far.
    01-27-12 03:21 PM
    This phone is trash !!! Im tired of how buggy this softwear is!!! Right now my media folder is gone. Im tired of this dumb clock and no i dont leave a million apps open. I dont even have that many app period. Im tired of making excuses for rim and my phone. I want to be happy so bad but i might have to move on. MY keyboard is also acting stupid im just tired.

One thing i hate about blackberry users is we seem to think our phones cant be fun. The first thing people say when debating apple vs rim Is whoa i dont want a bunch of fart apps. -_____- really how bout iphone can just be fun at times. Damm can i play word with friends without feeling like i like toys. Im not saying i want an iphone because i dont its far 2 limited for me. Im just saying im tired of this phone and i need this new update fast! I actually have a replacement unit coming today smh.

Im done venting
    Why don't you reload the OS or update the device software and start with no apps and see what is causing all the lag? Try each app, see what's causing the lag and also, make sure to close out anything that's running. I love my 9900. I know how to use it.
    01-27-12 03:37 PM
    Its the best phone I have ever had !

I'd say it will even be better the new all touch QNX.
    01-27-12 04:04 PM
    I am not happy.

I am currently on my 8th 9930. I preordered mine from Verizon as soon as I was able.

The 1,2,3,4, and fifth all bricked themselves overnight while charging. 6 and 7 were clearly manufacturing errors. The one i have now as a e space bar that works 50% of the time. In the mean time I went back to having two phones so that I am not without when the devices brick themselves...

Needless to say, I loved the phone at first... that has seen disappeared.
    01-27-12 04:08 PM
    i have had my 9930 since it first came out. This is the first Blackberry (7 year user) I have had that has not had a single problem. I have not had to re-boot the phone once. The browser is amazingly fast and I even enjoy mobile hot spot courtesy of Sprint. With two android users and one apple phone user in the family, I would not trade the 9930 for any of them. This is a phone that gets my work done!
    01-27-12 04:11 PM
    9930 made ​​in Mexico is the worst of all time!
    - Worst on the trackpad -> there's always the sound of "kreyt-kreyt" when pressed and released.
    - Worst on the keypad -> on the line "qwerty uiop" sound louder, like there's an empty space underneath.

Hello RIM.... how could this happen?
    What about your QC?

RIM should think to make a factory in Indonesia ASAP,
    because the people in Indonesia is more thorough and more carefully.
    01-27-12 06:08 PM
    I'm very happy with my 9900, even though it has bricked on me once; things happen. TMO replaced it, and so far so good on second 9900.

As for the phone, I love it! It's the perfect communication device for me.

Do I have all the games, apps and screen real-estate of the iPhone or Android? No. Do I care? No.

My BB does exactly what I want it to. Would I like auto-focus, a bigger battery, faster CPU and QNX OS? Yes, but that will all get here soon enough. For now, I'm enjoying my 9900.
    01-27-12 07:54 PM
    Absolutely love my 9930. Fastest bb browser I've ever had, love the keyboard, and it's very speedy for me. I worry a little about bricking but that's only cuz I read forum posts. I haven't had a single problem. No regrets here!
    01-27-12 08:39 PM
    2 more days to vote
    01-30-12 05:13 AM
    I love my BB9930 so much that I went out and got another -the BB9900! This way when I carry both (one in each pocket) I feel balanced. hahahaha. Seriously though they are awsome devices! With 7.1 , the added diagnostics are a treat!
    01-30-12 05:56 AM
    It's the best BB I have ever had.
    01-30-12 06:01 AM
    comparing my experience w/ other phones... ive used the 9900 for the longest period of time... i usually switch phones due to boredom... love the 9900. my only gripe is missing AF
    01-30-12 12:01 PM
    I'm happy when the phone works. I've had 3 bricked 9930's since the first week the phone came out with Sprint. Last time I was in a retail Sprint store I said that I wanted a different phone sent to me as long as it was equivalent. That being a world smartphone so I can use it when I travel.

In any case the rep at the store said he couldn't do anything but if I called Sprint they might due to the amount of replacements I've had b/c the phone wouldn't boot with the red blinking light. After calling Sprint, then said the only time they can send a different replacement is when the phone is a store and the tech's there can't fix it and they can verify that it isn't due to physical damage or water damage.

So now I'm stuck with another 9930 waiting for this to happen again. And I know it only happens when I can't charge my phone and it gets into the red and then I charge it at night and I'll wake up to a bricked phone.

If I knew there was such a thing as a MDR department, I would have asked this previous time for a different replacement.
    01-30-12 01:54 PM
    I'm happy when the phone works. I've had 3 bricked 9930's since the first week the phone came out with Sprint. Last time I was in a retail Sprint store I said that I wanted a different phone sent to me as long as it was equivalent. That being a world smartphone so I can use it when I travel.

In any case the rep at the store said he couldn't do anything but if I called Sprint they might due to the amount of replacements I've had b/c the phone wouldn't boot with the red blinking light. After calling Sprint, then said the only time they can send a different replacement is when the phone is a store and the tech's there can't fix it and they can verify that it isn't due to physical damage or water damage.

So now I'm stuck with another 9930 waiting for this to happen again. And I know it only happens when I can't charge my phone and it gets into the red and then I charge it at night and I'll wake up to a bricked phone.

If I knew there was such a thing as a MDR department, I would have asked this previous time for a different replacement.
    It likely is related to your battery or the OS. Have you tried going to 7.1.0.190 or 7.1.0.250?
    01-30-12 02:00 PM
    I have had a few minor problems and when I upgraded to 7.0.0.58 they pretty much disappeared. So other than a slightly squeaky trackpad, I am more than satisfied with my 9900.
    01-30-12 05:25 PM
    I lost battery life with the latest upgrade on the 9900 on at&t (6:45am day1-12:00pm day2 / 6:45am-10:00pm in one day) but other than that its perfect.
    01-30-12 09:09 PM
    Maybe the company should have used BES instead of BIS. It's complete business class email solution.

It appears that RIM has not done anything with it's B.I.S. as of three weeks ago I was still getting emails I could not open ( of course the people on the IOS and Android devices had zero problems ).

Given that each one of those emails were business related and I was in the company of others this was disturbing - what's happened to RIM? The guy who does the advertising for the company I work for said he left BB a couple years ago for the same reason as he would get PDF's of 4.5mb's or larger and frankly got tired of packing his notebook around with him when he realized an iphone had ZERO problems opening an email like that.

I still like BB and wished I could have justified keeping my 9930 however with three of the phones going tit's up on me in the same number of months COMBINED with the lack of business email support AND the issue with the EDOF camera I called it quits.

If RIM straightens up it's act and starts making sure it's products can do as much "business" as the Android and iphone I will for sure be back on a bold with a real keyboard - damn I miss that keyboard.
    01-31-12 01:19 AM
    I've had my 9930 since they were released. So far it's worked flawlessly. No bricking issues at all. It's a great phone for my needs. Not really interested in many apps. Mostly interested in communication via email, text or BBM.

Great phone.
    01-31-12 01:22 AM
    I won my BB9900 @ a blackberry fan night in nyc and I love it! Aside from the fact that its at&t and have Tmo so I had to unlock it and can only use EDGE unless im on wifi lol

By far the best BB to date! Battery life hurts a bit compared to all my previous BBs but I have a spare battery I use

Have had no problems otherwise
    01-31-12 01:38 PM
    I love it! Coming from the 8900 then to the 9700, I had thoughts of getting the 9790 since I was already quite adjusted to the compact size of the phones so I wouldn't have had any qualms had I bought the 9790.

But since I was too eager to get a new phone, I blindly went for the 9900, one week before the official launch of the 9790 in Singapore. I've had this phone for 3 months now, and I can safely say I AM GLAD I got the 9900 than the 9790. The keyboard is AWESOMELY BIG AND SUPER NICE TO TYPE ON, and it makes me wanna BBM/WhatsApp every time I have the Berry on my hands. Battery wise, I have ZERO issues since I'm always in my office most of the time and a charger is always within a hand's reach. Phone cases are also easier to hunt than the 9360 & 9790, and because it's easier to find, they're cheap too (3rd party ones, that is). The camera may be lacking in AF but I find that a blessing in the 9900. I mean, let's be honest, the AF can be laggy, and the lack of AF makes snapping a breeze really.

The only downside (and I'm really nit picking here): I can't use TweetGenius. I really, really hope they'll come out with an update for the 9900 series.
    02-04-12 12:29 AM
    Ubersocial (Formally Ubertwitter) has all the features of tweetgenius. TweetGenius was based on it.

I love it! Coming from the 8900 then to the 9700, I had thoughts of getting the 9790 since I was already quite adjusted to the compact size of the phones so I wouldn't have had any qualms had I bought the 9790.

But since I was too eager to get a new phone, I blindly went for the 9900, one week before the official launch of the 9790 in Singapore. I've had this phone for 3 months now, and I can safely say I AM GLAD I got the 9900 than the 9790. The keyboard is AWESOMELY BIG AND SUPER NICE TO TYPE ON, and it makes me wanna BBM/WhatsApp every time I have the Berry on my hands. Battery wise, I have ZERO issues since I'm always in my office most of the time and a charger is always within a hand's reach. Phone cases are also easier to hunt than the 9360 & 9790, and because it's easier to find, they're cheap too (3rd party ones, that is). The camera may be lacking in AF but I find that a blessing in the 9900. I mean, let's be honest, the AF can be laggy, and the lack of AF makes snapping a breeze really.

The only downside (and I'm really nit picking here): I can't use TweetGenius. I really, really hope they'll come out with an update for the 9900 series.
    02-04-12 12:32 AM
    I have UberSocial, but unfortunately it's not as fast as TweetGenius when it comes to posting tweets. The time taken for U.S to post a tweet is about as fast as TG posting a couple of 'em.

Ubersocial (Formally Ubertwitter) has all the features of tweetgenius. TweetGenius was based on it.
    02-05-12 03:44 AM
252 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD