View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
    Most of the people are happy and this is what really counts.
    flash24 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:02 AM
    GO buy the phone, you have 14 days to return it, that's in the US as far as I know. Called Buyer's Remorse. If you don't like it by a week, you'll know.
    I bought my 9650 when it was released, I'm just a few months away from being able upgrade. I still have the speakerphone speaker (which I use mostly anyhow) Didn't buy insurance because I've never been able to kill a BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 08:13 AM
    just to chime in here, i've read about using the nokia charger issue (slower charge) and tried charging with it. now with the charger it came with after a overnight charge, using it for emails, calls and bbm (my day starts at 530am) by 10 am i would be at 50% charge remaining

using the other charger, same call usage, bbm and email ( i have a 30 min conference call every morning at 7) by 10 am i'm at 80%

could just be a jedi mind trick, but the slower charger seems to be working

at 4pm i 'm at 45%

the only app i use that refreshes automatically is social scope and well i have team alerts set on score mobile

really? any kind of nokia charger that fits mine? can someone give more details?
    12-16-11 07:44 PM
    really? any kind of nokia charger that fits mine? can someone give more details?
    MicroUSB nokia charger.
    12-16-11 08:23 PM
    I despise the camera. And since getting a MacBook, I feel like an iPhone would be more convenient for sync purposes. But I'm still happy with my physical keyboard.
    12-16-11 08:26 PM
    I think obnoxious iphone owners are starting to get in people's heads a little bit, which is sad. I owned the tour 9630 and now I have the new bold 9930 and I don't see what I could add to it to make it better, I really don't. I loved the tour and had it for a solid 3 years and the only reason I decided to upgrade was because I had an issue with the speaker dying on me.

Really I don't get all the negativity, or maybe there's not really that much negativity but people who are in the minority being louder than the majority who are probably content. I did a lot of research on the phones that were out there and when it came down to it, I couldn't pass up a blackberry that also had a touch screen and a faster processor than the iphone.
    Vijik likes this.
    12-19-11 01:05 AM
    Most of the people are happy and this is what really counts.
    Yes, It's been 85-87% satisfied buyer consistently.
    Vote and let your voices be heard.
    12-19-11 11:56 PM
    Yes, It's been 85-87% satisfied buyer consistently.
    Vote and let your voices be heard.
    you would assume with the figures that the number of people unhappy with their phones battery would not exceed 13 to 15%, or are people just accepting the battery is poor and voting because they like the hardware? At first glance and without doing the numbers, there seems to be too many complaints about battery life to make the 13% ring true....
    12-20-11 12:36 AM
    you would assume with the figures that the number of people unhappy with their phones battery would not exceed 13 to 15%, or are people just accepting the battery is poor and voting because they like the hardware? At first glance and without doing the numbers, there seems to be too many complaints about battery life to make the 13% ring true....
    That is the exact point of this whole thread. I DO NOT assume anything. People like you and me vote without pressure or scrutiny from anyone. The numbers tell that truth. There are people who have problem with the device and unsatisfied. But the majority is satisfied. BTW my battery lasts a day of heavy use. The trick is in knowing which apps taking most of the battery, and uninstall it. Rim has some major problem in their software platform. In making sure apps aren't a battery drain etc. I'm compensating when I shouldn't have. But that's life. Show me a phone with bbm with the great 9900 keyboard and BB security, runs as smooth as iOS and its 4s camera, with interchangable battery(not wiling to pay a fortune for battery replacement) and open source. I will buy it. For now I need the keyboard and bbm for work.
    12-20-11 02:42 AM
    long time android user and I must say the 9900 made me fall in love, it's the perfect business cell plus I have wifi calling
    12-20-11 03:50 AM
    My fourth BB after Curve 8330, Tour 9630, & Bold 9650 .
    Best cell for business, hands down.
    Battery life could ALWAYS be better, but is easily managed.
    Lack of a "legitimate" after market (read Seidio?) or OEM extended battery and case is my only complaint.
    I am using a 3600 mAh purchased on eBay that while increasing battery life significantly, ain't pretty.
    Not a fan of the "cloning" necessary for use as I sometimes have to repeat the procedure without warning after battery pulls/resets or the battery does not function.
    12-20-11 04:37 AM
    Had this phone for a little while now & am still overly pleased with it. Not suffering from any problems or poor battery & this is with wifi usage + music & bbmm between journeys to & from work. Will add the few people i know have not suffered any issues apart from 1 with poor battery life but issue has not been mentioned for a while now.
    12-20-11 05:02 AM
    Count me in as a very satisfied 9900 user. The only time I had issue was when I installed some apps (can't recall which ones) then suddenly my 9900 behaved extremely sluggish with the hour clock poping out every few seconds and screen just stalled..I took the opportunity to upgrade to leaked 7.1 and more selective in my apps installation. Now with mobile hotspot I just love it more. I also own a iphone 4 and a samsung galaxy but messaging using 9900 keyboard is unbeatable! Another interesting observation I had is the battery life sucks during my first week of purchase but now its stamina perform satisfactory..I make sure I exit my browser when I don't use it..I have noted if the browser was left open in the background it was still trying to load whatever it failed to load completely..perhaps that plays a big part in prolonging battery stamina?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 05:56 AM
    I have my bold now for a few days coming from an Iphone4 and I have no regrets at all. It's a great device!!
    12-20-11 08:52 AM
    Very happy, the amazing keyboard makes it hard for me to put it down.
    12-20-11 09:55 AM
    Most of the negative reviewers out there, especially the so-called tech writers, have no ideas what they're talking about. They just repeat a number of buzz words like eco system, evolutionary, revolutionary, etc... and feed off of each other. So do yourselves a favor and don't listen to them. Every platform out there has its pluses and minuses. That's the way technology is, and always will be.

The bold 9900/9930 is every bit as savvy and satisfying as anything else. It's fast, efficient and reliable. Personally, I think the style is very sleek and professional, far better than the brick look of the latest Android offers (actually, all of the Android offers). Yes, the number of apps for Blackberry is nothing compared to iOS or Android, but does anyone really need 500,000 apps, unless you're a geek with nothing better to do with your time?
    andy957 likes this.
    12-22-11 11:27 AM
    Its a workhorse. And if you pick and choose apps carefully, there are many free cool games and apps.. Careful with apps that drains ur battery, rimm need to weed those out of app world. I believe if there is an issue that is inexcusable, is to have the bricking problem no matter how small the number of user affected. Otherwise, It's been a pleasant experience for me personally and for the 87 percent of us who have generously voted and commented and/or described their experience using the device. Please continue to vote and share.
    12-22-11 12:41 PM
    My OS crashed with the JVM 517 error loop during the holidays because of leaving music on for the whole night (I'm guessing). Luckily I got it back running again by re installing the OS with DM. Itis running normally now for a few days, no hourglass etc so i believe its a software issue (finger-crossed). I'm satisfied still
    01-09-12 10:31 AM
    Love everything aside from my crappy battery life.
    01-09-12 01:57 PM
    4th BlackBerry and the best smartphone ever!
    This 9900 is magic!
    And now in combination with my PlayBook, junked the iPad2 and I have the most powerful combo.
    BlackBerry rocks!
    I am glad I went for a Bold vs all touch, with todays announcement I will be able to use my phone keyboard to type with on the PB
    01-09-12 03:13 PM
    my previous device was the curve 8530. This one is a million miles better than that thing.
    I hated that phone so much!
    01-09-12 03:20 PM
    For the most part, I am happy with it. I still wish it had a better camera.
    01-09-12 05:29 PM
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Love my 9930...Excellent phone in every way...I had strayed to an HTC EVO 4G Android phone and came back to BB in a hurry...no more Google phones for me - many problems with Android/Google./FONT]
    01-09-12 05:35 PM
    Extremely happy with my 9930...no problems at all...
    01-09-12 05:41 PM
    I've had my 9930 for 10 days now. I was using the IP4 and I thought I would miss the iphone. I had the Tour from it's launch date, and almost the length of my contract. It feels good to be back on the berry! This phone is one sexy beast! I got that quote from Kevin P. w/G4. He said that about the IP4. The 9930 is one beautiful device! P.S. The keyboard is sick!!!
    01-09-12 08:13 PM
252 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD