View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
    I am very happy with mine, best BlackBerry ever! They keyboard is a dream to type on and puts all other phones keyboards to shame! And the screen's size is just perfect!
    12-11-11 11:42 AM
    Thanks for this thread because I'm still on the fence concerning this phone. The 86% has increased my confidence in purchasing the 9930 with my next upgrade
    Glad to help
    please vote for those who haven't or share some thoughts and experiences
    12-12-11 08:00 AM
    so far i am 90 happy and 10 disappointed. obviously that wins out overall as a very enjoyable device. i too only text, email, take pics and surf the web from my phone. i am not a media starved app guy that wants constant entertainment from my phone. if i was, i would be looking for an iphone or android.

my only disappointments are with battery life and camera. the camera is way better than what i was used to coming from HTC Touch Pro 2. (all my phones are corporate issued) that camera blew. this one is good. but i was told i was getting an iphone 4s first and was really looking forward to taking pics with it. my friend has one and unbelievable pics from a phone.

they keyboard is great, but that was the one thing (and only) that i loved about my TP2. it had the biggest/best keypad i had ever used, still to this day. the 9930 is great too.

battery life. again, coming from a TP2 where i only got about 4 hrs on a full charge, this is great. but my expectation of a BB was almost 2 days even for heavy users. that is largely my fault for setting the expectations too high, but from 6am to 6pm is what i get on a full charge.

overall a huuuuuuuuge step up from the TP2, but i am sure they are better phones out there, but i enjoy this one quite a bit.
    12-12-11 08:20 AM
    I just thought I'd reaffirm my vote. I voted "yes" immediately after getting the 9900. Then my battery life nightmare started, chronicled in the "Battery life!" thread. This was so frustrating that I would have changed my vote if I could have. The battery problem, however, turned out to be "user error", aka my idiocy. Now that it is remedied, I'm getting satisfactory battery performance and can actually enjoy the 9900 again.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the audio quality is quite good. Phone calls sound better than they did on the 9780. I like to listen to podcasts on speaker; I'm not keen on earphones. The 9900 speaker is clearer and stronger than the 9780's, making this a more enjoyable experience.
    12-14-11 06:36 PM
    I just thought I'd reaffirm my vote. I voted "yes" immediately after getting the 9900. Then my battery life nightmare started, chronicled in the "Battery life!" thread. This was so frustrating that I would have changed my vote if I could have. The battery problem, however, turned out to be "user error", aka my idiocy. Now that it is remedied, I'm getting satisfactory battery performance and can actually enjoy the 9900 again.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the audio quality is quite good. Phone calls sound better than they did on the 9780. I like to listen to podcasts on speaker; I'm not keen on earphones. The 9900 speaker is clearer and stronger than the 9780's, making this a more enjoyable experience.
    What was the user error?
    12-14-11 06:42 PM
    What was the user error?
    The user error was failing to notice that I had a battery-sucking app installed on my phone, despite checking the apps multiple times. The app was EveryLock. When I saw it there and checked its CPU usage, I was astonished. Once installed, it remains resident and doesn't show up in the running apps list when you long-press the BB button. It was using more CPU than anything else on the device except the Home Screen. When I uninstalled it, my hourly battery drain, when not doing anything with the phone, went from 7+% to under 2%. For me that's the difference between returning and keeping.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-14-11 06:48 PM
    Yes I am happy with my 9930. I have had the 8130,8330,8530,9630,9650 & now the 9930 the best one that I have had. It does every thing that I want to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 08:02 PM
    i've had mine since the day they came out and i have no complaints at all. which is why i like the blackberry so much, they are exactly what i want from of a smartphone.
    12-14-11 09:07 PM
    Thanks for this thread because I'm still on the fence concerning this phone. The 86% has increased my confidence in purchasing the 9930 with my next upgrade
    I'm in the same boat, the speaker died on my 9650 (the first time I ever had anything break or quit functioning on a BlackBerry in 8 years!), and I REALLY want the 9930, but was concerned about the bricking issue. This is a great post on the reality of this device, THANKS!
    12-14-11 11:45 PM
    GO buy the phone, you have 14 days to return it, that's in the US as far as I know. Called Buyer's Remorse. If you don't like it by a week, you'll know.
    12-14-11 11:55 PM
    I would say I'm "satisfied" but really would have preferred an autofocus camera and longer battery life over "thinness".

Let's be real, the camera is ****e!
    12-15-11 12:28 AM
    This shows there's always more attention for bad feedbacks, but the 9900 being as great as it is, remains as satisfactory as I feel it needed to be. Obviously I want more features blah blah blah, but nothing is perfect right?
    galleon likes this.
    12-15-11 01:49 AM
    i would be more happier once RIM releases solution for bricked 9900 (if they know the solution)
    12-15-11 02:07 AM
    I'm in the same boat, the speaker died on my 9650 (the first time I ever had anything break or quit functioning on a BlackBerry in 8 years!), and I REALLY want the 9930, but was concerned about the bricking issue. This is a great post on the reality of this device, THANKS!
    Showing the reality was the reason I started this thread. Numbers don't lie, Please share and vote to help those in doubt!
    12-15-11 09:28 AM
    I love this 9930 alot, that being said as I have posted before
    I'm scared to death of bricking and there is no excuse for the camera.
    12-15-11 11:07 AM
    f****k this phone for real !! This is coming from a die hard bb user. Im not even a heavy user i still have to deal with random web pages crashing. Im tired of the clock and battery pulls. Today my device was nuked and i made it even worst on myself my accidently putting my old 9780 os data on the 9900. Im f****king tired of this garbage phone.
    12-15-11 01:41 PM
    This shows there's always more attention for bad feedbacks
    I am with you 100%, people who are wroth with their phone are much more likely to post negative than the contented ones posting anything. If the + and - post ratio here was an actual reflection on general consumer opinion of the 9900 they probably wouldn't even have them on shelves anymore. However the poll button results to seem more credible then the posts, its easier to just hit a button then post, for those of us that are lazy...
    Last edited by galleon; 12-15-11 at 01:58 PM.
    Giancarlobc likes this.
    12-15-11 01:53 PM
    Just got my 9930 today and I love it. But pretty nervous due to all the issues reported on Crackberry that's for sure...
    12-15-11 03:16 PM
    Where's the middle ground answer? Because, I'm not 100% happy and not 100% unhappy. I'm a happy medium right now.

I love the keyboard. It's just fantastic. I make fewer mistakes with this device than any other I've used. Notifications are also the best out of any other device I've used. Not to mention contact and notifications sound customization is a big thing for me.

But, I've been using the web browser a lot more lately. A lot of times it'll crash and I have to reload my page. Or worse it'll freeze and I'll have to do a battery pull. So sadly, I'm now hoping for a better browser experience.

So for use as a phone I couldn't be happier with the Bold 9930. As a mini web browser. . .I'm starting to want something more.
    Last edited by terreos; 12-15-11 at 03:31 PM.
    12-15-11 03:28 PM
    But, I've been using the web browser a lot more lately. A lot of times it'll crash and I have to reload my page. Or worse it'll freeze and I'll have to do a battery pull. So sadly, I'm now hoping for a better browser experience.

So for use as a phone I couldn't be happier with the Bold 9930. As a mini web browser. . .I'm starting to want something more.
    That's strange ... I don't think my browser has ever crashed. In fact, sometimes it feels faster than the PlayBook's. Maybe try a newer OS?
    12-15-11 04:06 PM
    This is a great thread. I was iffy on purchasing my dad the 9900 due to the whole bricking issues. But to hear that the new OS is much more stable (even helped to revive a few dead Bolds) is a great sign.

He's been using a Bold 9000 for a few years now and likes the form factor. Asked him about the Torch and he said it would be too much of a hassle.

Well my dad's bday is in a few weeks. Can't wait to get him one so that I could play with it. LOL.
    12-15-11 07:23 PM
    I just switched to bb from apple a week ago..man oh man...im left scratching my head for my decision cause my battery is garbage. I use to be a bb user before that with having the 9000 and 9700 and battery was good but this 9900 is horrible.

I cant even last a whole day with full charge. Plus within the past week reading up on cb about this phone about bricking and nuking makes me so scared now, I dont even charge my phone overnight anymore. Are there solutions yet for any of these fixes? I just downloaded the .540 platform the other day but that still didnt help yet. Anyone know when the 7.1 is coming out for canadian users?

I hope someone can please give me some answers or hope cause I cant return this phone no more so ima be soo screwed. Really close to starting a mayhem with RIM.
    Last edited by outlawz89; 12-16-11 at 12:41 AM. Reason: added more
    12-16-11 12:33 AM
    extremely happy! wish i could get battery life closer to my 9780. blackberry til i die!!!!
    12-16-11 12:37 AM
    Yea I guess so, but I came from a Storm so...
    12-16-11 07:34 AM
    I just switched to bb from apple a week ago..man oh man...im left scratching my head for my decision cause my battery is garbage. I use to be a bb user before that with having the 9000 and 9700 and battery was good but this 9900 is horrible.

I cant even last a whole day with full charge. Plus within the past week reading up on cb about this phone about bricking and nuking makes me so scared now, I dont even charge my phone overnight anymore. Are there solutions yet for any of these fixes? I just downloaded the .540 platform the other day but that still didnt help yet. Anyone know when the 7.1 is coming out for canadian users?

I hope someone can please give me some answers or hope cause I cant return this phone no more so ima be soo screwed. Really close to starting a mayhem with RIM.
    just to chime in here, i've read about using the nokia charger issue (slower charge) and tried charging with it. now with the charger it came with after a overnight charge, using it for emails, calls and bbm (my day starts at 530am) by 10 am i would be at 50% charge remaining

using the other charger, same call usage, bbm and email ( i have a 30 min conference call every morning at 7) by 10 am i'm at 80%

could just be a jedi mind trick, but the slower charger seems to be working

at 4pm i 'm at 45%

the only app i use that refreshes automatically is social scope and well i have team alerts set on score mobile
    12-16-11 07:54 AM
252 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD