View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
    I'm please with the build quality and functionality...very displeased with no UMA, no wireless hotspot, and its missing a few very basic apps Kindle is big and Audible...
    Other than that the speaker phone is the best on any phone period, the reception blows away my HTC Sensation, the keypad for when you really need to get down and do some real typing is second to none, the music player plays louder and with much higher sound quaility than any android phone that I've owned...
    If blackberry wants to hit one out of the park, this same phone design with BBX running google apps and a way to get screen size to 3.2...BIS, google apps, Bold 9900 keyboard...this just can't lose!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-11 03:52 AM
    ...and its missing a few very basic apps Kindle is big
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...es-how-672338/
    12-03-11 04:01 AM
    I'm please with the build quality and functionality...very displeased with no UMA, no wireless hotspot, and its missing a few very basic apps Kindle is big and Audible...
    Other than that the speaker phone is the best on any phone period, the reception blows away my HTC Sensation, the keypad for when you really need to get down and do some real typing is second to none, the music player plays louder and with much higher sound quaility than any android phone that I've owned...
    If blackberry wants to hit one out of the park, this same phone design with BBX running google apps and a way to get screen size to 3.2...BIS, google apps, Bold 9900 keyboard...this just can't lose!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, if rim got the kind of apps into bbx... Slightly better cam, rim will be the mainstream phone again. Not just business phone. But hei, gotta give android a chance as well
    Competition is better for us consumers. I like my Samsung note, BUT its jittery and laggy I hope/guess ics may solve it.
    Last edited by guzprom; 12-03-11 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Ipad doing its incorrect auto correction
    12-03-11 04:33 AM
    I have been getting more and more p1$$ed off with this phone, yesterday after a day of heavy use (Phone was off and on charge every time I was at my desk). I sat my phone on the dash of my car to call home. I did the voice call and hit speaker.
    There was a white screen and a message that I couldn't read as I was driving and the phone died. I checked at home and it was totally dead. Plugged it into the charger, and nothing. I fired up the laptop and after a few tries DM found the phone. It gave me a dead battery warning and then offered me the upgrade to 7.1. as it was going through the process DM said no OS installed continue etc. (I had upgraded before)
    I loaded 7.1 and registered phone networks etc loaded email set up from back up. Put meterberry, my pin, facebook, twitter, poynt, and call later. I set the network to manual as I thought the heat and battery issues may have been due to losing and searching for signal.

So...after quite a bit of use last night. Meterberry is telling me I have 66% battery left discharging at 1.4% per hour, and the phone has been up for 17hrs +

Sorry for the essay folks but, the phone seems to be sorted!!!
    12-03-11 04:36 AM
    Satisfied? F**K YEAH!
    12-03-11 05:00 AM
    Very happy that I upgraded from my trusty 9700. I have only had the device one day and am already in love with the keyboard, it is amazing!
    I upgraded from 9700 as well, so I can confirm that 9900 is way better in terms of keyboard, screen detail&contrast, smoothness (no lag when scrolling up/down and browsing about a page, similar to ipad. I can't say the same about my Samsung (android), it's so jittery..
    12-03-11 10:36 AM
    Yeah, best BB I ever had, blazing fast, keyboard is amazing, screen is beautiful, battery seems fine now on this .540 os! Best looking bb ever! I'm really happy with it, Ill keep it until bbx comes out even then, BBX would have to bring something great, and in the same form factor of that 9000/9900 BB
    12-03-11 02:22 PM
    I would have hope for a better camera. The AF really is missing to make it the perfect phone. I love to take pics with my phone as I don't carry a camera all the time. It is a step down in the wrong direction. All other cellular manufacturers improve on cam specs except RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-03-11 03:44 PM
    I have already posted in here, but want to do it again. I have the 9930 with Sprint, and have had it since the beginning of September. I just love love this phone!! I have not had any issues or problems (knock on wood) since I had it. It is the best BB ever!
    12-04-11 03:00 PM
    I voted "Yes, I am Happy". The phone is exactly what I wanted. RIM just has to get past this buggy OS 7 growing pains, then it will be perfect. Sept for that slow processor, poor battery life and no auto focus.....JUST KIDDIN....lol. Its a good phone, just not for people who don't know how to reload an OS.
    PS: I voted Im happy even though my 9930 has nuked 3 times since I bought it and I've had to do 1 return within the 14 day trial.
    12-04-11 04:23 PM
    Bold 9930 is a nice phone but lack of compatible os7 apps is annoying.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 04:38 PM
    Like being in an abusive relationship with a hot chick that's great in the sack; that is how I feel about my 9930.

She get when she plays nice, but most of the time I'm threatening to smash her against a wall or throw her away; all because she won't respond to my touch like she did the first week we meet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 05:06 PM
    Yes: 271 85.49%
    No: 46 14.51%
    Still quite good
    12-05-11 05:04 AM
    Yes, Happy! 278 85.80%
    No, Unhappy! 46 14.20%
    12-06-11 04:30 AM
    I voted YES but now on my third day I would say NO ? Why ? My battery last maximum of 8 hours while my 9780 does up to 16 hours
    I have .540 installed, going to try leaked .503
    12-06-11 08:19 AM
    I voted YES but now on my third day I would say NO ? Why ? My battery last maximum of 8 hours while my 9780 does up to 16 hours
    I have .540 installed, going to try leaked .503
    im doing 14.5 h idle. 3 hrs usage. @9pc battery left..
    try playing around with your setting. going to charge now.
    12-06-11 10:57 AM
    Please share your thoughts on 9900 and vote. Thanks
    12-08-11 08:38 AM
    Not happy right now.

I ordered new 9900 directly from T-Mobile; phone arrived with a physical defect and had to return it for an exchange within a day of receiving it. The replacement phone arrives last night; keyboard back light not working, so I'm going to have to replace it yet again. By the time I get my next replacement it will have been a whole month since I made my initial purchase.

This morning at work I'm stuck with a 9900 that drains the full battery in 2 hours without a keyboard back light. (gonna have to wait to get home to upgrade to latest OS on my personal computer to see if there are improvements.

So much for a "high end" device. Feels like false advertisement to me.
    12-08-11 08:53 AM
    Not happy right now.

I ordered new 9900 directly from T-Mobile; phone arrived with a physical defect and had to return it for an exchange within a day of receiving it. The replacement phone arrives last night; keyboard back light not working, so I'm going to have to replace it yet again. By the time I get my next replacement it will have been a whole month since I made my initial purchase.

This morning at work I'm stuck with a 9900 that drains the full battery in 2 hours without a keyboard back light. (gonna have to wait to get home to upgrade to latest OS on my personal computer to see if there are improvements.

So much for a "high end" device. Feels like false advertisement to me.
    Hope you get a good batch. Its quite sad to hear these things happening to RIM customer. They do need to get better QC. We shall see. Anyways, try to get a good batch. 9900 is still the best BB at this moment
    12-08-11 11:08 AM
    Anymore votes?
    12-10-11 05:58 AM
    Very happy with my 9900. I haven't experienced any problems with this phone at all. I'd like better battery life, but that is a minor issue for me. By far the best BlackBerry I've owned and I've owned 2 Pearls, a 9000, a 9700 and a 9780. I'm a bit surprised at the amount of negativity I see regarding this phone.
    12-10-11 02:37 PM
    I am very satisfied with my 9900.
    12-10-11 08:17 PM
    Very happy with my 9900. I haven't experienced any problems with this phone at all. I'd like better battery life, but that is a minor issue for me. By far the best BlackBerry I've owned and I've owned 2 Pearls, a 9000, a 9700 and a 9780. I'm a bit surprised at the amount of negativity I see regarding this phone.
    Yes, This is the reason I started this thread as well. Negativity is high but numbers don't lie.
    12-11-11 10:40 AM
    Thanks for this thread because I'm still on the fence concerning this phone. The 86% has increased my confidence in purchasing the 9930 with my next upgrade
    12-11-11 11:15 AM
    Am happy now only because I get a good battery life
    12-11-11 11:33 AM
252 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD