View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Bold 9900/9930?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Happy!

642 85.83%
  • No, Unhappy!

106 14.17%
    I upgraded from an 8330 to the 9900. I absolutely love my new handset. iPhones are for girls - the Bold 9900 is a MAN's phone!
    I do agree
    11-29-11 07:59 PM
    I'm not happy and I don't think I will be happy in the remaining time of my contract. This could well be my last BlackBerry. This is my second 9900 since the release and this one is also very buggy. The 9900 is a huge disappointment compared to my 9700!
    Completely agree with this post. I've been with BB since 2009 when I had the Pearl 8100 and this is a setback compared to the current technology.
    11-29-11 08:09 PM
    More votes?
    11-30-11 12:16 PM
    More votes?
    Can't vote till my 9900 arrives, which could be today.
    11-30-11 12:39 PM
    I am really frustrated with my Bold 9900. Each time I have to Reboot, using any headphone or connecting to my stereo system, one stereo channel gets definitely blocked. Uninstalling and reinstalling OS fixes the problem, but only momentarily until having to either remove the battery or to reboot (for example after upgrading an Apps like BB World, or BB Protect). Tried everything to solve this issue; even called Customer Service at RIM and they were not any aware of this problem. This is the second BB Bold 9900 (both made in Mexico), both factory unlocked, that present the same problem.

I wonder if anybody has the same problem or has a solution for it. Help will be highly appreciated.
    11-30-11 01:11 PM
    I am really frustrated with my Bold 9900. Each time I have to Reboot, using any headphone or connecting to my stereo system, one stereo channel gets definitely blocked. Uninstalling and reinstalling OS fixes the problem, but only momentarily until having to either remove the battery or to reboot (for example after upgrading an Apps like BB World, or BB Protect). Tried everything to solve this issue; even called Customer Service at RIM and they were not any aware of this problem. This is the second BB Bold 9900 (both made in Mexico), both factory unlocked, that present the same problem.

I wonder if anybody has the same problem or has a solution for it. Help will be highly appreciated.
    have you tried installing a newer os like. 540?
    12-01-11 07:31 AM
    my favorite Blackberry ever, hands down, no comparison!
    bhill0821 likes this.
    12-01-11 08:11 AM
    Can't vote till my 9900 arrives, which could be today.
    Okay, have fun with your newest toy. Then come back and leave a comment or two. Update to OS .540 or maybe the new 7.1 OS for stability etc.. Im trying the new 7.1 OS atm, been resisting but I think the feedbacks for the new OS 7.1 have been okay.. the wifi hotspot is too tempting..

Others, please vote or leave your impresssion/review for those who seek information.. positive or negative comments are welcome.
    The votes has been consistent.. many are voting without leaving any comments, but the numbers speak for itself.

Enjoy!
    12-01-11 10:02 AM
    Very happy that I upgraded from my trusty 9700. I have only had the device one day and am already in love with the keyboard, it is amazing!
    12-01-11 11:58 AM
    I had to leave the .540 and go back to the original OS. For some reason after having the new OS on for a couple of weeks my berry started freezing up for some reason and I don't know if you tube had anything to do with it because I frequent there a lot.
    12-01-11 12:08 PM
    There was no choice for "Meh, it's okay".

It's not a bad device, an improvement over the 9700, but nothing mind blowing. That being said, I am an Android Fanboy so I am always gonna be "Meh" until RIM comes out with something that can truly compete with Android/iOS on all levels.
    12-01-11 02:33 PM
    I guess I waited so long for the device that it lost some of it's wow factor on me that I initially had with the 9000 though saying that, I find it alot harder for me to put this handset down over the 9000
    12-01-11 02:40 PM
    I had to leave the .540 and go back to the original OS. For some reason after having the new OS on for a couple of weeks my berry started freezing up for some reason and I don't know if you tube had anything to do with it because I frequent there a lot.
    Yeap, sound like apps problem.. Also, if ur using 9930, I believe you can't use .540 as its for 9900 only. Try asking experts here by creating your own thread.
    12-01-11 05:48 PM
    I'm happy every morning I wake up and my 9900 is working! A $600 phone. What a ****ty way to live LOL

It's like you just never know when it'll have a heart attack and fail on you (bricking)
    12-01-11 05:55 PM
    blah sorry double post
    12-01-11 05:59 PM
    Got my 9900 yesterday and voted "happy", although it's possibly a little premature to vote. But I'm very pleased with the look, feel, and functionality of the 9900 so far. I'm a little perplexed as to why I have considerably less free memory than I had on my 9780 with the same apps loaded (230 MB versus 275 MB free). I hope to figure that out eventually, but it's no big deal right now.
    12-02-11 07:58 AM
    I'm happy 70 % of the time. I hate how my browser randomly crashes @least once a day (similar to the play book). I hate how I still have to do a freaking battery pull @least 3 times a day. Sometimes my videos don't play on wshh or youtube really pisses me off. Yesterday my phone randomly rebooted itself! Oh yeah I really hate the battery life I probably charge my phone 3 times a day. Ok now to the positives. This phone is a multitasking beast. I love how I can listen to streaming music then open up another tab and browse on different forums. Then send bbm, reply emails, text and fb messages. The rouch screen is amazingggg very responsive for the most part. Been a couple times when my double tap wasn't working or my cursor dissapears. I'm still running orginal os for tmobile. I'm waiting on an official os. I have had good and bad results with leaked os so I'll wait. For the most part I love my phone !! Seriously this keyboard is freaking amazing!!! Feels like I'm typing on air lol.
    12-02-11 08:56 AM
    Not Happy with 9930 @_@

1. Here in Indonesia, no need to use NFC.
    2. My Old 9800 get much better picture than this 9930.

Probably, soon gonna change to 9810 which have much better camera
    Or
    Soon I will sell my 3Gs to buy a new Galaxy SII or Galaxy Note
    12-02-11 02:02 PM
    85.71% voted yes for a total of 228 votes.
    14.29% voted no, for a total of 38 votes.

Not bad at all, considering the general view of RIM, due to all the overhyped media bashing. I think while the Vote is still open, It's safe to say that bricking aside, RIM have done a very good job with the 9900.
    12-02-11 03:01 PM
    Yes. I have the latest 540 installed and I observe, like many, that there is a definitive gain in the battery life after a few recharges. But the problem with the sound channels still remains. I am considering as a "last desperate" move to make a clean up with BBSAK and install fresh the 540 and see if it has to do with the 'old' OS that appear in the DESKTOP Software.
    12-02-11 04:07 PM
    Love the phone, would be nice if the screen were just a tad bit larger, but over all I am in love with my cell phone. I am "almost" sad that there will be something better coming from RIM. For us who love this phone I have to say we own one of the sexiest effing phones on the market.
    12-02-11 04:22 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com yes iam very happy with my new blackberry bold 9900 with tmobile its clean fast n well built I had a 9930 with sprint phone was awesome but the service suck so I switch back to tmobile now I'm a happy camper again I've been using bb since 05 a new phone every year for six yrs& counting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 05:38 PM
    I really love my 9900. We now have a total of three in my office and all three of us are happy. Best keyboard ever. Great 4g signal. Sound volume and sound quality are fine. If must have or if you want a keyboard best phone ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 06:58 PM
    85.71% voted yes for a total of 228 votes.
    14.29% voted no, for a total of 38 votes.

Not bad at all, considering the general view of RIM, due to all the overhyped media bashing. I think while the Vote is still open, It's safe to say that bricking aside, RIM have done a very good job with the 9900.
    now it's:
    yes 237 85.56%
    no 40 14.44%

It's very good. Can you imagine if there are no bricking issues?
    It can go all the way to the 9x%
    Please fix it RIM!
    12-02-11 09:45 PM
    Bricking of AT&T 9900 are far more rare than those of other carriers.
    12-02-11 09:54 PM
252 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD