Hi guys,

I'm a new user to Blackberry devices, so apologies if this question has a really obvious answer. The volume rocker on my 9930 doesn't do anything when just on the home screen. Is this typical, and if so, can I only change volume from the menus (besides the Q key to switch to vibrate)?
    09-22-11 11:13 AM
    If music is running, you can change the volume.

for ringers, you need to use profiles.
    skirkster likes this.
    09-22-11 11:18 AM
    If music is running, you can change the volume.

for ringers, you need to use profiles.
    Aside from changing the volume when music is playing, if you press the Volume Up key, it skips to the next track. Pressing the Volume Down key will either restart the current song.... pressing it again will play the previous song.

Middle button is used for play/pause.

Fantastic media shortcuts that come in handy!
    09-22-11 01:11 PM
    I wonder if they would implement an option to have the volume for the ringer go gup and down instead of using the volume rocker. I know you can hold q and it will go to what it was previous and then if you do it again back to normal.
    09-22-11 05:19 PM
    Also, look in to the app called SixTools which can turn those buttons in to app launchers.
    09-22-11 08:18 PM
    Also, look in to the app called SixTools which can turn those buttons in to app launchers.
    I am always pressing the volume buttons when attempting to pull my BB out of its factory holster.
    I sould use that app for prelaunching something useful as I'm unholstering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 08:40 PM
    I wonder if they would implement an option to have the volume for the ringer go gup and down instead of using the volume rocker. I know you can hold q and it will go to what it was previous and then if you do it again back to normal.
    Holding Q changes it from whatever is current and vibrate.

At least on my 9650 and my brother's 9930.
    09-22-11 08:59 PM
    I don't know how related this, but on of my favorite things was retained in Os7. The ability to play music with the media player, press the end key to hide it, then put it into standby mode with the volume keys, mute, next song and last song functioning. ;D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD