My wife and I both have the bold 9900. When I play videos on youtube, the volume on my phone is much higher than hers. She has the audio boost enabled and her music ringtones can play as loud as my phone. When she tries to play songs on the blackberry music player or watch videos on youtube, the volume is too low. Volume button on the right hand side of phone is at max volume too.
    12-28-11 10:44 AM
    Are both phones on the same OS ?
    12-28-11 10:49 AM
    I believe so, we purchased them on the same day 10 days ago
    12-28-11 11:00 AM
    I would check to see which OS each phone is running, it's quite possible that one is different to the other.

In any event, there are probably newer OS's out there than those which the phones shipped with so an update may be in order.
    12-28-11 11:14 AM
    How do I check which OS my phone is using?
    12-28-11 11:18 AM
    ok found it, we have the same OS but different branding versions....everything else is the same
    12-28-11 11:22 AM
    our Os is v7.0.0.585
    12-28-11 11:24 AM
    How do I check which OS my phone is using?
    Press Alt/Shift/H simultaneously.

The resulting screen will give you the App Verison eg 7.0.585

The .585 portion is the relevant one. By way of information the latest OS on offer is .590. The higher the number the later the OS build.
    12-28-11 11:25 AM
    ok found it, we have the same OS but different branding versions....everything else is the same
    Sorry I'm no help, just curious. Can you elaborate? If they are from different vendors they might have different firmware.
    12-28-11 11:44 AM
    We bought them from the same vendor and everything is the same on both phones except they have different branding versions.
    12-28-11 11:48 AM
    What do you mean by "different branding versions" ?
    12-28-11 11:50 AM
    When I go to options-about device versions, there is a "Branding Version" listing in there.
    12-28-11 11:53 AM
    I doubt that the branding version has anything to do with the volume issue on her phone.....it's strange because she has music programmed for her ring tones and email alerts and her phone can play as loud as mine when those alerts go off. She has the volume set to "10" for those alerts but the blackberry music player and youtube videos are way lower
    12-28-11 11:57 AM
    Might still be a firmware deal, but these things are really buggy so it could just be an OS load failure. Try a different phone at the store with the same branding version for comparison. That could be as easy as fiddling with the display model or like pulling teeth. Reloading the OS might help, but it can always get worse. Best best is probably to demo the difference for a store clerk and make them get you one that works.
    12-28-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD