Kevin and all the Lucky owners, how is the ear speaker volume? The BGR review did note some issues, but did not go into enough details. Fudzilla said "The biggest complaints seem to be around the sound and audio, which normally isn’t an area that RIM gets wrong"

I had the Torch 9800, but had to dump after a couple of returns and months of software updates (unoffical and official). I could never hear while on a call in the ear piece if there was any backroud noise.

I have to be able to use my cell as an actual phone sometimes for important calls.

How is the volume??
    Last edited by rain3man; 08-12-11 at 10:39 AM.
    08-12-11 10:25 AM
    Kevin and all the Lucky owners, how is the ear speaker volume? The BGR review did note some issues, but did not go into enough details.

I had the Torch 9800, but had to dump after a couple of returns and months of software updates (unoffical and official). I could never hear while on a call in the ear piece if there was any backroud noise.

I have to be able to use my cell as an actual phone sometimes for important calls.

How is the volume??
    I had the SAME problem on the torch... include RINGER volume!!

and the 9900 is plenty loud.. i have not used it in a environment where it's super loud (i.e at a mall or outside walking downtown) as i am in the car or office or at home the last 2 days..

but i know in my car (Subaru WRX STi) it was loud enough for me.. i know i shouldn;t be on the phone, but i didn't have my bluetooth in the car setup with my new phone yet and it was my prego wife calling so i picked it up.

so to answer your question you should be pretty pleased with the volume .. in quiet situations i had to turn it down a few.. and i have also turned down my ringer volumes all to 8..
    08-12-11 10:34 AM
    I could never turn the Torch volume down, even in a room with no noise the ear volume was soft (two different phones and through all the software upgrades).

I use bluetooth in my car too so the car wont be an issue, it will be when out and about as you said in the mall, resturant or if in the office with people talking around me while i take a call.
    08-12-11 10:43 AM
    I could never turn the Torch volume down, even in a room with no noise the ear volume was soft (two different phones and through all the software upgrades).

I use bluetooth in my car too so the car wont be an issue, it will be when out and about as you said in the mall, resturant or if in the office with people talking around me while i take a call.
    yah the torch was horrible.. i could never turn it down..

the 9900 i had to turn it down a little..

but it's pretty loud!
    08-12-11 11:05 AM
    Good to know. I like a nice loud phone, ringer and in-ear volume.
    08-12-11 11:24 AM
    Anyother new lucky owners please give feedback on volume with phone calls
    Last edited by rain3man; 08-12-11 at 05:46 PM.
    08-12-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD