My Blackberry bold has a significant amount of dust under the screen.. I want to open up my phone and try get the dust out, or buy a new screen. After watching tear down video's on Youtube I noticed that there is no sticker inside the phone that if broken will void the warranty?

Would someone be able to tell me if there is any kind of 'mechanism' that will let my carrier know that I have opened my phone (Voiding the warranty)

Sorry is my wording is a bit ..

Many Thanks.
    07-24-12 06:57 AM
    I believe there's white sticker ontop of one of the screws (underneath carrier logo). You would break the white sicker upon removing the screw.
    BTW if the dust is between touch screen and lcd then i've has the same problem. Dust was entering the screen from the bottom right corner. All i did was put tape around that corner as a sort of seal. Not sure why it wofks but it just does, no dust in my screen now. Warranty wasn't an option for me so I did that instead.
    Last edited by parsf19; 07-24-12 at 07:15 AM.
    07-24-12 07:12 AM
    Right okay. So looks like I will have to take it back to my carrier and wait another week for it to be fixed. lol

Many Thanks.
    07-24-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD