Just been into Carphone Warehouse they have an omline preorder delivery date of 12th August only downside is that is with Vodafone only at the moment but hopefully that will change.

The wait continues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 07:30 AM
    Will launch in September, no August release
    While some had hoped that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 would finally break free from the delays and make an August launch date, that is apparently not going to happen. The latest September dates seem to be solid and the 9900 will arrive then, to an eager fan base that seems to be very excited by what the 9900 can offer.

While it was initially said and believed that the reasons for the delays with the 9900 had more to do with software than hardware, this is now said not to be the case from sources in the north. The 9900 apparently had some difficult to solve hardware issues that took some time to isolate and fix. The issues led many of those involved in testing eval units to have to return the units multiple times for replacement.

The actual hardware issue is sill a mystery, although rumbling about the printing on circuit boards is said to be part of the issue; but our sources tell us that they cannot confirm to what extent this is actually accurate. They assure us, however, that the issues will be resolved in time for the 9900’s arrival in September.

http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item...ardware-issue?
    08-01-11 07:35 AM
    Will launch in September
    but our sources tell us that they cannot confirm to what extent this is actually accurate.
    Really this is the piece of information making the rounds today? Wait until fan night we will know more then. So far all sources point to an August release.
    08-01-11 07:40 AM

http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item...ardware-issue?

Most sources are still saying it will launch in August, probably early Aug in the UK. Not that any of these sources are official.

We'll find out for sure on fan night in a couple days.

08-01-11 08:22 AM
    When did a place like CarPhoneWarehouse become THE authority on when the 9900 will deliver.

These people are selling phones and will tell you anything. I used them one time and bought what was surposed to be a NEW phone. I opened the box and was surprised to find my phone was used and still had the previous users contact info and emails!
    08-01-11 08:27 AM
    Second Full week of august!
    08-01-11 11:23 AM
    sorry but fudzilla is wrong, also its not their source as they copied from n4bb.

uk release should be 12th, i heard that today from my contact too, so im gonna go with that, as was my contact that said bout os6.1 in sept/nov last year before that was even announced!
    08-01-11 12:13 PM
    We'll find out for sure on fan night in a couple days.

Why is everyone expecting to find out carrier release dates at a RIM event. I have not seen any evidence that leads to this line of thinking. The ball is in the hands of the carriers, not RIM. This would be like vzw throwing a party and announcing when att will get the iphone 5.
    08-01-11 12:21 PM
    Holy cow, I have never seen such a load of sh**. Since the annoucement was made in May, I cant believe this guessing is still going on. Rim just wont come out and tell us something. Ok, I get that there may have been some delays, things happen, but tell its customers something instead of just leaving people at bay. So many want to update thier phones, sign new contracts. I know its easy for some to just say "be patient" but when your old phone is barely hanging on and you have to make a move who can blame anyone for jumping to Apple or Andriod. Not saying that I will but I feel a little ripped off that we as customers have to keep checking the message boards to get some news on when we are blessed to buy a phone from Rim that was suppose to come out in June and now we are in August and not a peep from Rim. I really hope Rim reads these forums.
    Smokeless Joe likes this.
    08-01-11 12:26 PM
    I don't think they're having hardware problems. Otherwise, how could Kevin saw lots of 9900 being done and ready to manufacturate in the BB headquarters? You think that all of them are going to the rubish? I don't think so... hope it will be a release date soon!
    08-01-11 12:31 PM
    Holy cow, I have never seen such a load of sh**. Since the annoucement was made in May, I cant believe this guessing is still going on. Rim just wont come out and tell us something. Ok, I get that there may have been some delays, things happen, but tell its customers something instead of just leaving people at bay. So many want to update thier phones, sign new contracts. I know its easy for some to just say "be patient" but when your old phone is barely hanging on and you have to make a move who can blame anyone for jumping to Apple or Andriod. Not saying that I will but I feel a little ripped off that we as customers have to keep checking the message boards to get some news on when we are blessed to buy a phone from Rim that was suppose to come out in June and now we are in August and not a peep from Rim. I really hope Rim reads these forums.
    You're naive to think it's in RIM's hands anymore. The handsets have been shipped out and have been sitting in the carrier's warehouses for over a week now as evidenced in India. Every carrier has their own launch schedule and are holding fast to it as they do for every phone. The only manufacturer that strong-arms the carriers into complying is Apple.
    08-01-11 12:34 PM
    You're naive to think it's in RIM's hands anymore. The handsets have been shipped out and have been sitting in the carrier's warehouses for over a week now as evidenced in India. Every carrier has their own launch schedule and are holding fast to it as they do for every phone. The only manufacturer that strong-arms the carriers into complying is Apple.
    I wouldn't call it naive, there has been speculation back and forth for the past 6 weeks as to whos fault it really is. Many say rim, many say the carriers. If its a hardware issue or a software issue then I would think that is something that Rim has to deal with.

At the end of the day, its Rim whos stock is falling not the carriers. Don't mis-understand me, I dying a slow death waiting and hoping this device is coming out any day now, but I would be lying if I wasn't the slight bit ticked off at this whole debacle. I just wish RmI would come out with dates of a release as Apple does at their announcement events. Here we all are on a another eve just before Apple releases their iPhone 5 in September or October, and you better believe when Apple does have their event they will announce the release dates and you could bet your paycheck that the phone will be out on that exact date. I just thought if Rim waiting this long, they would lose more customers who will get the iPhone 5 instead of releasing the 9900 and let people buy it and sign contracts for the next two years.
    08-01-11 12:47 PM
    This phone we are all waiting for is a "knee **** reaction" by RIM it is similiar in many ways....
    ...To an Elephant seal realizing it's been hit twice by a Great White Shark.
    ...The seal will "react" and perhaps it's initial action might not be the best one.
    ...But it's got to do something!

RIM is a solid company and this isn't their first rodeo, HOWEVER, they are used to doing things on their time-line...
    ...Which is NOT a Luxury RIM can afford at this point.

I don't believe that there is a "hardware issue" with the 9900 - I think everything is fine as it stands...
    ...The issue is all about marketing and ANY new android device released in and around the BB date.
    ...Will push out RIM's new device simply because the carriers will have better sales.

RIM isn't the jaw dropper it used to be, period.
    08-01-11 01:06 PM
    Had to go into the Sprint store today to pick up some phones for the Company I work for and asked about the 9930....
    ...According to the guy I spoke with he stated the 9930 as well as the Torch.
    ...Would be displayed in the store & for sale in the 1st week of September.

Appears my previous information was a "month off".....
    ...The Store Rep said Sprint already has the phones in it's main Seattle warehouse.
    ...Given the news about T-mob it looks as if next month is it for Sprint.
    08-01-11 10:56 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to the site have been following for years.

I am very interested in trying to get an early release of a vzw or att 4G BB locked or unlocked. It seems like no dates have been given, although the 9810 is on the att website now. Does anyone have info on real release dates for att/vzw? ive called them - no help, they havent even heard of the phone, despite the 9810 being on the att website... i would pay extra for an early release but as they say - outlook not so good. if you can get your hands on one please pm me.
    thanks, bbnyc
    08-05-11 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD