1. Jake90087's Avatar
    Hello all, I am currently running OS version 7.0.0 296 on my Vodafone UK Bold 9900. Now I am happy with this and have had no troubles, even if mine is a made in Mexico unit, so onto my question. There is an upgrade available (Bundle 2406, no clue what actual version) Should I upgrade, I'm planning on waiting for 7.1 now as it's not too far away at all or I would've updates the OS as it is. (I'm no n00b. ) But that's it! Thanks in advance.
    01-11-12 10:47 AM
  2. Bilaal's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned with UK networks pushing out updates, they're slow in doing so. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to update, updates are supposedly good for your phone, seeing as they fix the little things you may never realise.

    The 7.1 is where it's at though lol. Which should be here anytime soon though. You might just want to wait for that. Kill two Birds with one stone, rather than waiting for Voda to push the 7.1, which Lord knows when that will happen.
    01-11-12 11:00 AM
  3. mozzamay's Avatar
    i'm just updating mine from Orange, i'll let you know if it kills my phone
    01-11-12 11:09 AM
  4. Jake90087's Avatar
    i'm just updating mine from Orange, i'll let you know if it kills my phone
    Haaaa! Thanks. I think I'll just use DM... Safer.
    01-11-12 11:22 AM
  5. dtango's Avatar
    i'm just updating mine from Orange, i'll let you know if it kills my phone
    what version ar you getting?
    01-11-12 11:30 AM
  6. BBThemes's Avatar
    Haaaa! Thanks. I think I'll just use DM... Safer.
    iirc, 2406 is basically .585 (vodafones latest build).

    i did tweet them today asking when they were gonna get themselves into 2012 and do 7.1, sadly jus got a generic `keep an eye here for updates` reply
    01-11-12 01:09 PM
  7. Jake90087's Avatar
    Aah that sucks. Of course as soon as any GSM carrier rolls it out and everyone's happy I'll delete those Vendor.XML files and update it! Pity they're so bad with software, I pay way too much on multiple lines and have done for a long time...
    01-11-12 01:20 PM
  8. 3Dee's Avatar
    I've been on 585 from Orange for about a week, seems fine, no issues. From experience I'd recommend a DM and not wireless update - it may be coincidence but when I upgraded to .5somthing via wirelss I had horrible battery life with the build, downgraded and then ugraded again via the BB software for Mac and the battery life was fine, v strange.
    01-11-12 01:26 PM
  9. gadgetier's Avatar
    Ive just had a strange experiance, I had my 9900 changed over yesterday after really bad battery life, 10-12 hours standby.
    I ended up swapping the unit in the shop so intended to load my data with the restore feature when i got home, however i switched the new phone on to check it worked and there was a new icon on the home screen that I now know to be the over the air update, when i opened this it gave me the details regarding 7.1.

    I decided to leave this until when i got home however after doing the restore this update had dissapered and am now awaiting the role out!

    anyway as for upgrading to the 2406, i would say go for it, Im running on this and after the first charge have currently got 17 hours with 50% remaining.

    I think it would also be a good idea so that when the 7.1 comes out there shouldnt be any problems with loading the new update.
    01-11-12 05:33 PM