I've posted on here a few times in the last few weeks about various problems I have had with my blackberry 9900, the volume buttons have not worked from day 1, vodafone told me the other day that they had some in stock but they won't replace my phone because the stock they have is only for new customers! I called them again 2day and they said that I could have to wait until november or december! They said I can swap the phone for a different make/model! I love my 9900 so I don't want to change! But now when I call somebody the phone hangs up all the time by itself! I had a iphone 4 before this which I donot want to go back to! What would you do in my situation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 01:47 PM
    I emailed them last night telling them I am not happy with my 9900.. Had it for little over a month now and have several problems with it...

The screen slopes downwards when you look at it from the side, because of this the buttons under screen are slightly raised and keep gettin caught.. Its my understanding the screen should sit level with the bezel...

I have the wandering cursor issue.. No os update has resolved it as yet

When screen is off, every now and then I need to hit the back button several times to wake it up

And when on a call my proximity sensor just shuts the screen off full stop.. Even when not next to my ear the screen stays black..

Love my phone but these niggles are really gettin on my tits..lol

Look forward to their reply..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 04:36 AM
    sounds like there's some issues.
    Ive been waiting for voda UK to get some 9900 in stock for 2 weeks now and had a call yesterday saying they had a few hundred sent to them so mines is arriving today.

maybe they can help you now!
    10-19-11 05:53 AM
    Vodafone certainly having stock issues, as are most of the UK networks, O2 were reported to be on a long backlog a week ago.

@superD9900 Which OS are you running? I found the one that shipped from Vodafone to be dire but I'm now running 0.353 which I found a big improvement, theres also 0.439 available which I've yet to try but some of the comments in the thread suggest that particularly the "back" button issue has been fixed...
    10-19-11 05:57 AM
    Am running .440
    Have tried them all and the issue is still there... Don't think it is down to os..

Even writing this reply on tapatalk is a pain,keeps scrolling down to the add attachment button and randomly selects things..

Getting beyond a joke.. Even when I shake the phone the cursor moves..

10-19-11 06:01 AM
    Am running .440
    Have tried them all and the issue is still there... Don't think it is down to os..

Even writing this reply on tapatalk is a pain,keeps scrolling down to the add attachment button and randomly selects things..

Getting beyond a joke.. Even when I shake the phone the cursor moves..

Sounds like a hardware fault certainly, it always seems to have been a bit of a QC issue on Blackberry's the trackpad.... I seem to remember similar complaints when the 9700 was launched.
    10-19-11 06:05 AM
    Im on Vodafone UK, had the red flashing light issue where the phone basically died last week and they replaced it with a new handset the next day.
    10-19-11 07:18 AM
    Still waitin for an email from them.
    Was ur red light issue within 7 days off getting the device or longer?

10-19-11 07:30 AM
    I've had the phone die on me after a red light a couple of times, was always when I had a load of browser tabs (7+) open so I assumed it was that, always came back on though.
    10-19-11 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD