Since mid day I've not received any emails on my 9900, although they are coming in on my PC. Phoned Vodafone and they say its a major problem with BB at the moment affecting hundreds of thousands of BB users (her words) UK wide. Just for my reassurance (that its not just my phone!), are others having this problem today?
    10-10-11 11:36 AM
    yeah I've had the exact same problem, pc is getting emails but my 9900 has still to receive any of them. Hope they fix it soon, as I will be out of office!

Chris
    10-10-11 11:40 AM
    Millions of others are having the same problem.

There's a massive BIS outage across Europe, Africa, Middle East and India at the moment... http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-s...k-server-blame

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 11:44 AM
    Sorry to hear that but also relieved too that its just not my new phone! According to Vodafone its a BB problem which the BB people are trying to sort - let's hope it happens soon!
    Last edited by LondonBB; 10-10-11 at 11:47 AM.
    10-10-11 11:45 AM
    Millions of others are having the same problem.

There's a massive BIS outage across Europe, Africa, Middle East and India at the moment... http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-s...k-server-blame

Thanks for the heads up, Phill_UK, much appreciated!
    10-10-11 11:47 AM
    ...I hope so too, it messes up loads more stuff than just the mail, things like BeWeather and others that require BIS seem to be affected too (yeh, I know I can change the BeWeather transport setting but still...). Wish I'd known all this before I restored from back up and did all kinds of other fiddling about earlier!!
    10-10-11 11:50 AM
    Germany is off too since mid day.
    10-10-11 11:51 AM
    Germany is off too since mid day.
    Yeah, Germany is part of Europe too I believe

10-10-11 11:58 AM
    ...I hope so too, it messes up loads more stuff than just the mail, things like BeWeather and others that require BIS seem to be affected too (yeh, I know I can change the BeWeather transport setting but still...). Wish I'd known all this before I restored from back up and did all kinds of other fiddling about earlier!!
    I had a strange thing with my texts today too in that some, just some, and not necessarily today's, are together at the top of the list under Sun 5 Jul 2043! This seemed to happen after I had a "give texts a trusted status" (or similar wording) caption earier today - I assume this is linked to the other issues.
    10-10-11 12:03 PM
    Yeah, Germany is part of Europe too I believe

Many friends from Switzerland, which I think is also part of Europe, haven't noticed any sort of problem
    10-10-11 12:09 PM
    Switzerland is not europe..

And no its not for bis 4.1 as that was rolled out in the uk on 27th september..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-10-11 01:20 PM
    Double post

10-10-11 01:21 PM
    Switzerland is not europe..

And no its not for bis 4.1 as that was rolled out in the uk on 27th september..
    LOL

1) Switzerland is IN Europe, but is not part of the European Union. Anyway, some Swiss users are also reporting BIS outages so that's irrelevant now.

2) Can you prove that BIS4.1 was ever rolled out in the UK? There were rumours that it was going to happen then, but I haven't seen any proof that it actually happened.
    10-10-11 01:37 PM
    Here you go
    BlackBerry services collapse - Telegraph

A centre in Slough is down and it has knocked out all of Europe. My mail is dribbling though and no BBM
    10-10-11 01:45 PM
    LOL

1) Switzerland is IN Europe, but is not part of the European Union. Anyway, some Swiss users are also reporting BIS outages so that's irrelevant now.

2) Can you prove that BIS4.1 was ever rolled out in the UK? There were rumours that it was going to happen then, but I haven't seen any proof that it actually happened.

I have it from someone who works for RIM... 4.1 was rolled out last month... There are no updates happening now, its just a server gone down.. Simples.. ;-)

Apple Crumble likes this.
    10-10-11 01:54 PM
    23rd of september, my bad..

10-10-11 01:58 PM
    Here you go
    BlackBerry services collapse - Telegraph

A centre in Slough is down and it has knocked out all of Europe. My mail is dribbling though and no BBM
    Lol some of those jackasses making comments need to be shot lol...what a bunch of knobbers really ie do i have a right to cancel my contract lol lol.

My emails are coming thru slowly but still no bbms...thankfully i have unlimited texts so might as well make use of them.
    10-10-11 04:05 PM
    Its not only BIS, Im on BES in Beirut, Lebanon (Middle East) and its been down since 11am GMT... ive been receiving emails and surfing the net like normal but BBM and Whatsapp are not working still up till now 10:30pm GMT
    10-10-11 04:26 PM
    Just received half a dozen emails from yesterday - and gone again! still no BBM, internet, whatspp, etc etc! nearly 2 full days of no reliable service. Come on RIM send some proper techy guys out to fix the issue!!
    10-12-11 03:41 AM
    Same here exactly.
    10-12-11 05:43 AM
    Has BIS 4.1 even been rolled out in the UK? Doesn't seem like it
    11-28-11 10:30 AM
    I am located in Oxford which is also in Europe and we have experienced no problems with Vodafone BIS today. Maybe we are just lucky.
    11-28-11 10:34 AM
    Has BIS 4.1 even been rolled out in the UK? Doesn't seem like it
    Yes it has.
    11-28-11 10:45 AM
    I am located in Oxford which is also in Europe and we have experienced no problems with Vodafone BIS today. Maybe we are just lucky.
    This thread was started back in October during the global outage... there is no problem today.
    11-28-11 10:47 AM
    LOL sorry!
    11-28-11 10:50 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD