I was wondering about Vodafone UK 9900. I have couple of questions about it.
    -What os does Vodafone UK Blackberry Bold 9900 ships with?
    -How is the build quality? (Trackpad... )
    -How is the battery life?
    -Are there any complaints or whatsoever?
    Thanks Voda uk 9900 users!
    08-30-11 07:36 PM
    Mine shipped with .296
    Build quality is fine, trackpad makes a little noise when used, but I don't mind that.
    Battery life out of the box was shocking but since updating to .353 has improved a lot.
    No complaints from me!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-30-11 07:46 PM
    Mine shipped with .296
    Build quality is fine, trackpad makes a little noise when used, but I don't mind that.
    Battery life out of the box was shocking but since updating to .353 has improved a lot.
    No complaints from me!!

I have a Voda UK 9900 and my experience is exactly as described here, even down to updating to .353.
    08-30-11 08:25 PM
    Battery life will improve in the 4XX range on Voda UK
    08-30-11 09:47 PM
    Got mine yesterday, build quality is fantastic. Mine was made in hungary 3. Well, on the box it says hungary 2 but inside near battery it says hungary 3. Didn't experience any trackpad sound. On battery, it is too early to say for me.

Running stock OS as of now. .296

08-31-11 04:46 AM
    same as above
    08-31-11 06:02 AM
    I jumped ship to Vodafone, so not sure what they are like for providing OS updates promptly, Orange were useless...

DangerMouse do you work for Vodafone? What are you like for updating, for example how long can we expect to wait for the .4XX OS's?
    08-31-11 06:16 AM
    Where can I get firmware .353 from? I'm still on the one it shipped with from Vodafone.
    08-31-11 06:22 AM
    Where can I get firmware .353 from? I'm still on the one it shipped with from Vodafone.
    It's in the Leaked/Beta OS Forum

08-31-11 06:26 AM
    had mine since day of release, havent done any updates and only issue is battery, half a day at most is what i get, may do the 4xx updae when it is officialy released by voda...only issue i had i didnt recieve the 8GB memory card with it which is annoying
    08-31-11 07:12 AM
    ...only issue i had i didnt recieve the 8GB memory card with it which is annoying
    The 9900/9930 doesn't come with a memory card... that 8GB is onboard memory
    08-31-11 07:26 AM
    I jumped ship to Vodafone, so not sure what they are like for providing OS updates promptly, Orange were useless...

DangerMouse do you work for Vodafone? What are you like for updating, for example how long can we expect to wait for the .4XX OS's?
    I've been with Vodafone uk for 2 years, in this time they had 2-3 OS5 and 3 OS6 updates for the 9700. So I think they'll be good that way for the 9900 as well.

08-31-11 07:27 AM
    I'm also on Voda UK. Build quality seems excellent, am running stock OS .296 to see how the battery holds up with that. Battery OK so far, not seeing the horrible battery life reported by others but its early days.
    08-31-11 09:13 AM
    I do indeed.

BB updates through Vodafone are quite regular but not perfect - you'll have more joy than Orange update wise for sure, although that isn't saying much.

.4XX should also add H+ logos into the menu options for users that aren't seeing it under Mobile Networks. Emphasis on *should*
    09-02-11 02:48 PM
    I am not on Vodafone, but recently bought an unlocked 9900 device from the Uk, I stayed in the uk for 10 days and battery life was terrible on the Vodafone network which I was roaming on ( even though my network bars were nearly always max) the battery would be dead by the afternoon. Got back to Italy yesterday it's a whole different story on Vodafone Italy, battery is still running and it's 10.30pm - am chuffed!!!
    09-02-11 04:32 PM
    Depends on the network band, network speed, network congestion, network signal quality, network signal strength.

However the 9900s radio under poor conditions paired with the battery ends with rather disastrous consequences - well, a flat battery, lol.
    09-02-11 05:04 PM
    I thought it was pretty bad everywhere even in central London, plus I was automatically switched to other networks 02 and Orange, not much different - and to think here in Italy we even get 3G on the underground in Milan, and down in my basement at home - I am British but am always complaining about Italy - but perhaps "Italians do it better" lol
    09-02-11 05:12 PM
    I only got my 9900 from Voda yesterday so it's a little early to say too much yet. Right now it's almost 11pm and I have 35% battery left after a heavy-ish day of use. No problems at all so far really, very pleased with it. Build quality is just as I expected. Still on the original .296 OS currently.
    09-02-11 05:54 PM
    I thought it was pretty bad everywhere even in central London, plus I was automatically switched to other networks 02 and Orange, not much different - and to think here in Italy we even get 3G on the underground in Milan, and down in my basement at home - I am British but am always complaining about Italy - but perhaps "Italians do it better" lol
    Perhaps, there is a lot of cell tower switching even when units are stationary due to the constantly fluctuating signals. Vodafone and O2 operate across four separate frequency spectrums throughout London - GSM/PCS/GPRS@900&1800 and UMTS@2100&900, that is a lot of band switching for phones to do and I feel RIM haven't optimised their radio firmwares significantly to handle the dense London populations, RIM UK are aware of this though.

Is there a Mr English Teacher ?
    09-02-11 08:03 PM
    I'll be moving to the UK soon and would probably get the 9900 there, before I do that I have a few questions.

Does the vodafone version have wifi hotspot?
    Will I be able to tether (not bridge) it to my playbook without any additional charges?
    Any physical branding on the chin?
    Does it come with the leather case?

Thanks in advance
    09-07-11 07:29 PM
    I'll be moving to the UK soon and would probably get the 9900 there, before I do that I have a few questions.

1) Does the vodafone version have wifi hotspot?
    2) Will I be able to tether (not bridge) it to my playbook without any additional charges?
    3) Any physical branding on the chin?
    4) Does it come with the leather case?

Thanks in advance
    1) None of them do yet
    2) Doubt it
    3) Not yet
    4) Faux leather pouch
    Humga Chan likes this.
    09-07-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD