I'm just on my way home now, so I will see if Desktop manager prompts me to install the new version.
    I hope it's for the UK! (Yn)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Ssteffan; 06-09-11 at 10:36 AM.
    06-09-11 10:32 AM
    Guys all the jigsaw pieces are starting to fit together now.

normally you would say with all this info now , release should be round the corner. still wouldnt bet against Voda having an exclusivity period, they just got the htc sensation on exclusive for three weeks i think. Lets say Voda release mid july, then gen uk release first second week august. all fits. They also got the torch as an exclusive.

also we need to remember that the UK got the 9000 before usa so it has happened before

maybe rim know to release in europe first to guarantee more sales.
    Last edited by jacmeister68; 06-09-11 at 10:52 AM.
    06-09-11 10:47 AM
    i reckon when we see DM come out of beta (still need a mac update though :/) then it means we're getting very close..
    06-09-11 10:57 AM
    i reckon when we see DM come out of beta (still need a mac update though :/) then it means we're getting very close..
    It is out of beta as of yesterday, now with OS7 support

jacmeister68 likes this.
    06-09-11 10:59 AM
    think i might ring up o2 tomorrow and ask for my PAC code, telling them ive had confirmed date from vodafone that it will be out say july 7th.. see if i get any response from the mushroom on the other end! dont want to leave o2.. but if vodafone have it 3 weeks before!?!?!?!
    06-09-11 12:07 PM
    think i might ring up o2 tomorrow and ask for my PAC code, telling them ive had confirmed date from vodafone that it will be out say july 7th.. see if i get any response from the mushroom on the other end! dont want to leave o2.. but if vodafone have it 3 weeks before!?!?!?!
    this is probably the best technique ive seen yet to bully the customer service advisors! kudos! but i still dont think you're going to get a decent answer out of them haha
    06-09-11 12:23 PM
    i can see it coming in july, hoping for end if june, but surely in europe first!
    06-09-11 12:53 PM

I'm going to do this too, but the other way round.
    I can leave vodafone now at any point so I'll give this a shot now
    06-09-11 01:06 PM
    okay, this is how I now see it. I think it coming out in the UK first is now a given. But I hearing from what jacmeister is saying, I think I'll have to agree, vodafone will have an exclusivity period before other UK carriers get it. Especially if they do with the torch like he says. Glad I'm with voda

It also definitely sounds like 'coming soon' for vodafone is now just round the corner and hopefully just now a matter of weeks. Late June, but probably more likely first half of July. Unfortunately for the americans, sounds like the way it's going to pan out is a late august-September release. But I can't see you guys being made to wait any more than that. If it's releasing in the UK as early as it might, summer I bet is still accurate for you.

It may be a marketing strategy... I'm open to help it too... I will be sure to let you all know how utterly amazing it is :P
    06-09-11 01:40 PM
    I think it ll be more than uk, sfr has it coming soon too (partner of vodafone) it has been seen in spain...
    06-09-11 02:16 PM
    okay, this is how I now see it. I think it coming out in the UK first is now a given. But I hearing from what jacmeister is saying, I think I'll have to agree, vodafone will have an exclusivity period before other UK carriers get it. Especially if they do with the torch like he says. Glad I'm with voda

It also definitely sounds like 'coming soon' for vodafone is now just round the corner and hopefully just now a matter of weeks. Late June, but probably more likely first half of July. Unfortunately for the americans, sounds like the way it's going to pan out is a late august-September release. But I can't see you guys being made to wait any more than that. If it's releasing in the UK as early as it might, summer I bet is still accurate for you.

It may be a marketing strategy... I'm open to help it too... I will be sure to let you all know how utterly amazing it is :P
    I'm hoping it's not a Voda exclusive - I'm pretty sure that Orange got the Torch at the same time and they definitely got the 9780 on the day of release. I may be wrong but think that the only exclusive that Vodafone had was the Storm models.
    06-09-11 02:42 PM
    More proof vodafone will get it very soon? 9900 is at the top of their "coming soon" page, one would assume that it's some sort of logical order of release. Well the Galaxy tab 10.1 is second on the list and that has a mid june release.

Coming Soon | The Latest New Mobile Phones from Vodafone
    Last edited by tif; 06-09-11 at 03:15 PM.
    06-09-11 03:05 PM
    Don't wanna be a downer, but hasn't that been there for awhile? Just like on BlackBerry.com showing the Bold 9900/9930 saying the same thing, "Coming Soon". Not trying to be one of those people who just try and put down posters such as yourself who is just trying to help us all out.

06-09-11 03:35 PM
    EDIT: My twitter followers also got this info before but sayin' it again. I have a strong feelings that this device to be release in UK in this month. The reason I thought like this is by looking my "spotted OS tweets" and spotting location seems there are so many OS7 versions being tested in UK. These "spotted" infos all made by browser detection and there are so many spotted OS7 from UK for 9900. I know this dont make sence for most of you but it cause me to think this is coming sooner than we all tought.
    06-09-11 03:59 PM
    i'm literally partying right over here this (if correct) would be sweeeet!
    06-09-11 04:07 PM
    EDIT: My twitter followers also got this info before but sayin' it again. I have a strong feelings that this device to be release in UK in this month. The reason I thought like this is by looking my "spotted OS tweets" and spotting location seems there are so many OS7 versions being tested in UK. These "spotted" infos all made by browser detection and there are so many spotted OS7 from UK for 9900. I know this dont make sence for most of you but it cause me to think this is coming sooner than we all tought.

I really hope your right!
    What with DM being updated, Vodafones test unit displaying June 1st on the date and one Rep from vodafone told me Pre orders end of June. not sure how true that is but.... I think it's rapidly approaching and I for one can't wait!
    06-09-11 04:09 PM
    I'm hoping it's not a Voda exclusive - I'm pretty sure that Orange got the Torch at the same time and they definitely got the 9780 on the day of release. I may be wrong but think that the only exclusive that Vodafone had was the Storm models.
    I'm 99 per cent certain voda had the torch exclusive, then orange followed then o2 and tmo. Do you remember the bfriend gfriend advert that was voda which showed the torch off. Still can't believe that my friends in america are having to wait but as I said it has happened before with the 9000.

All this stuff from citigroup could be rubbish as they are trying to drive the share price down. Also if they are not building in mexico its of no consequence to us as our handsets are made in Hungary

06-09-11 05:18 PM
    I'm 99 per cent certain voda had the torch exclusive, then orange followed then o2 and tmo. Do you remember the bfriend gfriend advert that was voda which showed the torch off. Still can't believe that my friends in america are having to wait but as I said it has happened before with the 9000.

All this stuff from citigroup could be rubbish as they are trying to drive the share price down. Also if they are not building in mexico its of no consequence to us as our handsets are made in Hungary

Ahh, good point, I do remember the ad now, maybe you're right about the torch - good memory. Interesting point about the handsets being made in Hungary - never noticed that before, although now I think about it most of the models (and maybe all I guess) have been from there.

06-09-11 11:20 PM
    Yeah jacmeister. Your friends in US...ahem lol. Hope it comes out in the UK for you guys soon though! It does sound like june/july is possible. Also don't forget the 7.0 java sdk beta was released not too long ago too which is a good sign. Lots of evidence pointing to a release soon.

06-10-11 01:36 AM
    guys tried calling o2, they had no idea so far, will try and talk to my business line guys at o2 for a better heads up, meanwhile JAydee and SSteffan if you get anything yourself please let me know.
    06-10-11 04:46 AM
    Guys, please! When will you realise that you won't get ANY worthy information from your network providers?

They know nothing, and won't until the very last minute!

We already know far more about this device than they ever will, and we'll know about it's release date before they will too.

06-10-11 05:03 AM
    phill, they will have a date on their system. Or a time frame. I think they know more than you. Have you not read all of this thread? See the grand and clues. Even clues from the carier reps. Sounds like some do indeed know but are not allowed to give a date. Most likely because there is not a date set in stone. But they know what month for sure.

I would put money on july for vodafone. But slight possibility end of June even.
    06-10-11 05:39 AM
    Anyone see this? I don't trust the availability being August but the price?

BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 Black Sim Free Unlocked Buy Online
    06-10-11 05:45 AM
    I've read all I need to thanks Chaz...

You will never get to speak to those who do know something, and those you do speak to know nothing.

They're paid to keep you happy as a customer, and will tell you anything you want to hear.

06-10-11 05:48 AM
    Must.........be...........patient lol

06-10-11 05:53 AM
129 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD