I think I'm going to make two or three calls to different reps to see how their stories compare.
    Try and get something accurate, cause Vodafone have made me look a liar now ��

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you don't appear as a liar. We have heard different dates from a number of people. You are only relaying what you have heard. So is the other guy. Just both from vodafone. Which justifies the point that those people are often mis-informed or ignorant because they are not told anything.

However, I find it hard to believe that at this stage, they do not have a date. So I believe that they do have a date now, just not allowed to explicitly announce it.

If you do phone up a number of times to speak to a few reps, you may well see that they all are saying one month, same as the rep you spoke to before. Or 2 may say one date, one may say another. Not forgetting that some reps I bet would have heard a date before and it has since changed, but they have not been informed. So august may be incorrect and out dated because as far as we know, vodafone may have already completed, or soon to have completed their own tests. They may have gone really well, so what used to be an august date has now moved up.

Who knows. Be sure to relay back to us
    06-08-11 04:14 PM
    you don't appear as a liar. We have heard different dates from a number of people. You are only relaying what you have heard. So is the other guy. Just both from vodafone. Which justifies the point that those people are often mis-informed or ignorant because they are not told anything.

However, I find it hard to believe that at this stage, they do not have a date. So I believe that they do have a date now, just not allowed to explicitly announce it.

If you do phone up a number of times to speak to a few reps, you may well see that they all are saying one month, same as the rep you spoke to before. Or 2 may say one date, one may say another. Not forgetting that some reps I bet would have heard a date before and it has since changed, but they have not been informed. So august may be incorrect and out dated because as far as we know, vodafone may have already completed, or soon to have completed their own tests. They may have gone really well, so what used to be an august date has now moved up.

Who knows. Be sure to relay back to us

I to find it hard to believe they don't have a date for release, maybe RIM don't want them to tell people just yet :/

But I will phone up two or three times, cause as you said; one may say one date the other two could say another, which I did think could happen myself. So hopefully that might work and we'll get somewhere and get a idea of when it might hit the shelves!

I really do believe the dates have been moved up as why else would they put that sneek preview up :s

I'm going to get some sleep now & when I wake tomorrow I will start to harass the Reps there for some solid info as soon as I know, I'll post here what he/she said

06-08-11 05:35 PM
    I think you're correct, that the Bold 9900/9930 is already in the hands or will be shortly with the different carriers here in North America as well as UK and Europe. When I asked a Sprint call center CSR he thinks late June at the extreme earliest to mid July. Another poster also told me that they also heard the same timeframe when he called a Sprint rep. Now I'm sure 90% of reps either really don't know or have been told not to talk of any release dates. Apple employees will be terminated immediatly if they're caught giving "guesstiment" dates from news reports I've read.

06-08-11 06:25 PM
    New user here, first post!

Been eager to get my hands on one and lurking around here so thought I'd add to the disussion. Just spoke to VF and the guy put me on hold for a while then said the phone is not released (yes we know) and that I should call back on the 1st of July, read into it as you will.

06-09-11 03:21 AM
    I to find it hard to believe they don't have a date for release, maybe RIM don't want them to tell people just yet :/

But I will phone up two or three times, cause as you said; one may say one date the other two could say another, which I did think could happen myself. So hopefully that might work and we'll get somewhere and get a idea of when it might hit the shelves!

I really do believe the dates have been moved up as why else would they put that sneek preview up :s

I'm going to get some sleep now & when I wake tomorrow I will start to harass the Reps there for some solid info as soon as I know, I'll post here what he/she said

Thanks SSteffan, keep us posted as to what they say today. i still think that there is more to this,
    06-09-11 04:04 AM
    T2 I expect at any moment. There has been absolutely NO internal chatter about monza which leads me to believe either:
    a: It's not coming to at&t or
    b: It's much farther in the future (as in Q4 or 2012 release)

Well I will say that other trusted sources have said this will be a simultaneous release on US/Canadian carriers first and that won't happen in June and 90% certain that won't happen in July.

I understand based on the information you see that's how you arrive at that conclusion. Based on the information I see I believe differently...

PG
    PG Thanks for responding with your input, wow was surprised to see you say that T2 is imminent.
    Last edited by jacmeister68; 06-09-11 at 04:32 AM.
    06-09-11 04:25 AM
    You guys are having better luck then me. I get funny looks when I ask about new BlackBerry phones.To be fair I shouldn't expect them to know about anything except the new Bold, since its the only released phone that RIM has announced. Places are still selling the 9700 instead of the 9780. It's such a shame. I go into places and Apple has its own section for only then with Apple ads running. I would like to see BB with the same set up. If I had the money I would buy a building or build one then only carry BlackBerry devices and be an unofficial BlackBerry retailer. Maybe I'll win the lotto.

Also to add onto them not knowing about new BB phones I have only talked to one person who knows what a Playbook is down here.

06-09-11 04:32 AM
    Okay, so I called up Vodafone this morning and the first Rep told me he does know of ANY release dates at all on the Bold 9900...

The second Rep told me he doesn't know when it's coming & called it the Bold 98000! I told him it was the 9900.
    He really wasn't clued up about it at all
    But then said it's 'Coming soon' and could be a few months yet....

So I phoned up a short while after, I was told it's defiantly going to be July, but he doesn't know if it's the start or mid July at the moment. he seamed very aware of the device & knew quite a lot about it as opposed to the last two Reps, he told me to phone more towards the end of June for more information.

Still not sure what to think now as those first two wasn't the responses I was hoping to get!

As if that isn't bad enough I caught my nephew 'playing' with my Bold today he almost put it in the cats water bowl!
    But now when I press the BB button it clicks the track pad too :/ FML!
    I desperately need this phone now!

06-09-11 06:40 AM
    Okay, so I called up Vodafone this morning and the first Rep told me he does know of ANY release dates at all on the Bold 9900...

The second Rep told me he doesn't know when it's coming & called it the Bold 98000! I told him it was the 9900.
    He really wasn't clued up about it at all
    But then said it's 'Coming soon' and could be a few months yet....

So I phoned up a short while after, I was told it's defiantly going to be July, but he doesn't know if it's the start or mid July at the moment. he seamed very aware of the device & knew quite a lot about it as opposed to the last two Reps, he told me to phone more towards the end of June for more information.

Still not sure what to think now as those first two wasn't the responses I was hoping to get!

As if that isn't bad enough I caught my nephew 'playing' with my Bold today he almost put it in the cats water bowl!
    But now when I press the BB button it clicks the track pad too :/ FML!
    I desperately need this phone now!

Thanks for the update SSteffan, trying to find out myself will let you know
    06-09-11 06:56 AM
    Thanks for the update SSteffan, trying to find out myself will let you know

Just noticed your carrier is O2, I left them last year and don't really care for them or look at their news are they going to carry the Bold 9900 too? Or are you calling Vodafone?

06-09-11 07:21 AM
    What can I say, I'm on Vodafone UK and my contract ends on 2nd of September with the option to upgrade 60 days before that.
    Just try to stop me lol.

06-09-11 07:24 AM
    Just noticed your carrier is O2, I left them last year and don't really care for them or look at their news are they going to carry the Bold 9900 too? Or are you calling Vodafone?

Im on o2 but doesnt bother me if its only only on VODA first. O2 will get it for sure, just have a feeling it might be a voda exclusive. you can always unlock it
    06-09-11 09:20 AM
    Im on o2 but doesnt bother me if its only only on VODA first. O2 will get it for sure, just have a feeling it might be a voda exclusive. you can always unlock it
    if blackberry sign exclusivity to voda, on a device that is going to be that popular they're effectively just haemorrhaging customers for themselves...
    06-09-11 09:24 AM
    if blackberry sign exclusivity to voda, on a device that is going to be that popular they're effectively just haemorrhaging customers for themselves...
    Don't forget both Storm and Storm2 were exclusive to Vodafone first, I wouldn't rule it out.

06-09-11 09:29 AM
    I'm in the United States, so I have no idea how carriers in the UK release devices, but if Vodafone is already putting out promo vids for the Bold 9900, I would assume that the official relase date in the UK isn't too far off? I'm with Sprint, and if I went on thier web site and seen an advert for Bold 9930 "coming soon" then I'd think it would be avaible within a month. again, not in the UK, so not sure how things work there, other than to say thank you for The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zep, Monty Python, the Young Ones, Ab-Fab and Gavin & Stacy
    06-09-11 09:50 AM
    yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h0mf2zgj just found this on twitter.. so vodafone 'Europe" must have it in testing atm.. i still don't believe the exclusivity comment, but it proves its out in the wild for them
    06-09-11 09:54 AM
    Does this mean we can start freaking out
    Put your ty-dyed Hendrix tee shirt on, get the black light glowin' on your "keep on truckin'" poster, que up 'Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" and get your freak flag a flyin' I still say late June-mid July with most major carriers.
    06-09-11 09:57 AM
    Nice one Lefty, keep the flag flyin all the way to the Stairway to Heaven
    06-09-11 10:02 AM
    yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h0mf2zgj just found this on twitter.. so vodafone 'Europe" must have it in testing atm.. i still don't believe the exclusivity comment, but it proves its out in the wild for them
    JAydee, you are right that the spanish version of voda.

All looking good, even if it was a voda exclusive prolly would only be 2 or 3 weeks, but can see it on all networks as it is the flagship device,

just release the effing thing rim
    06-09-11 10:04 AM
    JAydee, you are right that the spanish version of voda.

All looking good, even if it was a voda exclusive prolly would only be 2 or 3 weeks, but can see it on all networks as it is the flagship device,

just release the effing thing rim
    with the vodaUK video, i was sceptical, thought maybe it was just to show the world its 'coming'... but now with the spanish as well, i honestly think we're going to see if before north america *dons tin foil helmet* it's clearly in testing in europe.. without a sniff of any evidence it is in the states..
    06-09-11 10:11 AM
    N4BB just said that Bold 9900 parts showed up on True Suppllier & that they show up around a month before release. It's like all the pieces are slowly fitting togeather now so I really do think we'll see it in July on Vodafone at least!

06-09-11 10:13 AM

Yeah I'm pretty sure O2 will get it as Vodafone & O2 are the two main carriers in the UK
    What with the parts showing up on True Supplier & the dates I've been told...I think were gonna get it soon!

06-09-11 10:18 AM
    N4BB just said that Bold 9900 parts showed up on True Suppllier & that they show up around a month before release. It's like all the pieces are slowly fitting togeather now so I really do think we'll see it in July on Vodafone at least!

...and the new beta of desktop manager with OS7 support
    06-09-11 10:20 AM
    ...and the new beta of desktop manager with OS7 support

When was that leaked!?
    I'm getting over excited now, so sad

06-09-11 10:23 AM
    When was that leaked!?
    I'm getting over excited now, so sad

not leaked, updated.. (is updated the right word?) BlackBerry Desktop Manager Version 6.1.0.35 Available � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    06-09-11 10:26 AM
129 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD