if vodafone release it first, i think ill be leaving o2 for the first time in 10 years!!
    06-07-11 05:17 PM
    The Bold 9700 was listed as coming worldwide "beginning November, North America got it 1st week of November, while Japan's Bold 9700 release was in June! A full eight months later. It was release ingrimently to different countries at different times, so again, YES maybe other countries may not see the Bold 9900/9930 until September, but I still hold mid-July for North America...just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 05:33 PM
    When I rang Vodafone-UK about a week ago he said he thinks it might make it to Vodafone mid June & other reps from there have said the same thing too.
    I'm going to call them tomorrow, see if I can squeeze anymore info and will report back
    With this Video now...and it showing up in the the CPW system I think they might be right!
    I'm so hyped about it I'm not going to get any sleep! X_X

06-07-11 06:21 PM
    When I rang Vodafone-UK about a week ago he said he thinks it might make it to Vodafone mid June & other reps from there have said the same thing too.
    I'm going to call them tomorrow, see if I can squeeze anymore info and will report back
    With this Video now...and it showing up in the the CPW system I think they might be right!
    I'm so hyped about it I'm not going to get any sleep! X_X

dude, I really hope you're right. Yeah, would be great if you report back.. looking forward to it
    06-07-11 06:55 PM
    Is it bad that I just called up 13 local Verizon stores and acted like I knew nothing and asked about the release date of the 9900? One of the guys explained for a good two minutes about how they keep the sales reps in the dark and treat them like mushrooms about new devices..(he literally referred to himself as a mushroom about 3 times) Haha

Another guy recommended checking the internet for "boy genius" or whatever that is? (maybe he is talking about BGR, I am not quite sure what that even stands for, but Boy Genius does fit the BG)

Another guy explained that he has never even heard of the new BlackBerry line.

Another guy said whatever rumors are online are a pretty good indication (doesn't help because there are rumors for June/July and rumors for September...)

Another guy said that Verizon lets its reps know like 3 days before hand so they had absolutely no idea, but recommended buying/pre ordering it off of the Verizon site because you will get it much sooner than it will arrive in stores.

As you can see, somewhat of a reoccurring theme here, it is although very fun to bug a bunch of Verizon reps in hope that one might know something, did the exact same thing before the Bold 9650 came out too :P

THAT IS ALL, hope you enjoyed my research that gets us absolutely nowhere [;
    06-07-11 07:36 PM
    Okay, so hopefully it should be out on Vodafone between June and July. Any sort of price range guesses? I'm hoping for �350-�400.

06-07-11 07:48 PM
    Good call Lefty, they would make a great advert. I'm thinking someone has to leak a screenshot real soon

"OY! Was occurin'? BlackBerry's is wats occurin' eer on Berry" "Fair play 'nessa, fair play"..."You gonna finish that hamroll?"

06-07-11 08:25 PM
    How much do Vodafone UK and Vodafone Aus have in common? As you can tell i don't know much about either. I'm down in Aus and I'm wondering if the time this phone will come out will match in both places. I leaning towards no but some clarification would be great.
    06-07-11 09:05 PM
    I want to see one from Telus.... come on Telus Canada.... please release the phone as soon as possible. Pleeeseee.
    06-07-11 09:14 PM
    Ah this must be the "Release is near let's all get worked up over it so next week we can all get peeved that it was bogus" thread for this week....

PG
    06-07-11 09:26 PM
    Ah this must be the "Release is near let's all get worked up over it so next week we can all get peeved that it was bogus" thread for this week....

PG
    Off topic have u received the torch 2?

06-08-11 01:15 AM

Good question. Also, have you heard anything about the monza coming to at&t, PG? It seems like there is a lot of news about the torch2 and bold coming but I have not really seen the monza linked to at&t much. Trying to decide between the bold and monza.
    Last edited by bbdub; 06-08-11 at 04:21 AM.
    06-08-11 04:18 AM
    I guess it will not have the virtual KB like the Torch, because of smaller screen, right ?
    06-08-11 04:44 AM
    dude, I really hope you're right. Yeah, would be great if you report back.. looking forward to it

Just phoned Vodafone & the man on the phone said it's around about a months time and it should be released, he said if all goes as it should then Pre-orders will start near the end of June! I'm pretty sure they've got a date set as when I asked for one all whent quite on the phone, then he's was like ...ermm.. All I can say is around a months time.
    I just hope RIM get there as* in gear and get it out to us!

06-08-11 04:52 AM

PG
    Hi just saying that history dictates that if voda do a video and carphone has it showing in their inventory then it normally means its coming soon. End of june mid july is realistic. New post says pre order end of june, hit mid july. If that's right that would be spot on. Of course unless you know different, wink.

06-08-11 05:04 AM
    Just phoned Vodafone & the man on the phone said it's around about a months time and it should be released, he said if all goes as it should then Pre-orders will start near the end of June! I'm pretty sure they've got a date set as when I asked for one all whent quite on the phone, then he's was like ...ermm.. All I can say is around a months time.
    I just hope RIM get there as* in gear and get it out to us!

Thanks for reporting back

This makes me even more excited. It does definitely sound like they have a date in their systems.

Man, I can't wait... as soon as I can pre-order it, I'm doing it right away. New number and all so I can get it as quickly as possible
    06-08-11 05:04 AM
    Thanks for reporting back

This makes me even more excited. It does definitely sound like they have a date in their systems.

Man, I can't wait... as soon as I can pre-order it, I'm doing it right away. New number and all so I can get it as quickly as possible

I'm so hyped about it too, and when he told me in a months time I was like :O YES! haha I know there's something in there systems, cause they got there test unit too (in that video) they just don't want to give anything away for some reason :s
    I can finally get it! I've held off my upgrade for 5 months now so it will be nice to use it and I'll be first in line to get this beast! I'll camp out side the store if I have to!

06-08-11 05:27 AM
    How much do Vodafone UK and Vodafone Aus have in common? As you can tell i don't know much about either. I'm down in Aus and I'm wondering if the time this phone will come out will match in both places. I leaning towards no but some clarification would be great.
    All part of the same company, but their releases are only sometimes coordinated. Sometimes they get exclusives from the phone makers that preclude anyone else releasing it in their markets so then they swamp everywhere with the phones. I think Vodafone UK and Aus released the iPhone 4 at the same time ... but Blackberry don't seem to have the same cohesion.
    06-08-11 06:43 AM
    I want one. I dont think its THAT big, that woman just has small hands.
    06-08-11 12:24 PM

Good question. Also, have you heard anything about the monza coming to at&t, PG? It seems like there is a lot of news about the torch2 and bold coming but I have not really seen the monza linked to at&t much. Trying to decide between the bold and monza.
    T2 I expect at any moment. There has been absolutely NO internal chatter about monza which leads me to believe either:
    a: It's not coming to at&t or
    b: It's much farther in the future (as in Q4 or 2012 release)

Hi just saying that history dictates that if voda do a video and carphone has it showing in their inventory then it normally means its coming soon. End of june mid july is realistic. New post says pre order end of june, hit mid july. If that's right that would be spot on. Of course unless you know different, wink.

Well I will say that other trusted sources have said this will be a simultaneous release on US/Canadian carriers first and that won't happen in June and 90% certain that won't happen in July.

I understand based on the information you see that's how you arrive at that conclusion. Based on the information I see I believe differently...

PG
    06-08-11 01:44 PM
    I guess it will not have the virtual KB like the Torch, because of smaller screen, right ?
    and also because of the physical keyboard...
    06-08-11 01:59 PM
    Sorry to bring bad news but I spoke to Vodafone today and they said they aren't expecting the bold 9900 until the last week of August. So really doubt it is going to be June/July. Sorry :-(
    06-08-11 02:50 PM
    Sorry to bring bad news but I spoke to Vodafone today and they said they aren't expecting the bold 9900 until the last week of August. So really doubt it is going to be June/July. Sorry :-(

But I phoned them this morning and they said early July would be the release of it
    I really hope what they told you wasn't true I'm going to phone them again tomorrow and demand some info that is actually correct!

06-08-11 02:56 PM
    But I phoned them this morning and they said early July would be the release of it
    I really hope what they told you wasn't true I'm going to phone them again tomorrow and demand some info that is actually correct!

and you're going to let us know again
    06-08-11 02:59 PM
    and you're going to let us know again

I think I'm going to make two or three calls to different reps to see how their stories compare.
    Try and get something accurate, cause Vodafone have made me look a liar now ��

06-08-11 03:06 PM
129 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD