I just read a blog post that Vodafone Aus does on the status of their OS updates. It's really nice of them to keep people informed but why does it say they just got 7.1 from the manufacturer? You can read the blog post here.

This is what it says about the 9900: "Software received from manufacturer, testing scheduled to begin shortly." ...so they haven't even started testing it? RIM showed it off back in the start of January. So this would lead me to believe that they had sent it out to the carriers before hand so they could also release it to their customers a little bit after RIM showing it off. Vodafone doesn't really have a reason to lie to people, so why is it just going into testing now?
    03-07-12 04:19 AM
    I just read a blog post that Vodafone Aus does on the status of their OS updates. It's really nice of them to keep people informed but why does it say they just got 7.1 from the manufacturer? You can read the blog post here.

This is what it says about the 9900: "Software received from manufacturer, testing scheduled to begin shortly." ...so they haven't even started testing it? RIM showed it off back in the start of January. So this would lead me to believe that they had sent it out to the carriers before hand so they could also release it to their customers a little bit after RIM showing it off. Vodafone doesn't really have a reason to lie to people, so why is it just going into testing now?
    Who cares about the carriers ?

We CrackBerry users have been testing 7.1 (.190 .205 .267) for weeks, it works, if you want it now install the leak.
    03-07-12 04:25 AM
    I know, I was waiting for 7.1 from the carrier because I thought it was going to be really soon. But as I've learnt it surely won't be anytime soon(even though I'm on Optus but I'm thinking them and Vodafone will be fairly similar with the OS release timing) I've run the other leaks on my 9900 before. Odd for me not to install the leak really...
    03-07-12 04:36 AM
    Another useless thread telling us what the carriers are testing internally!

HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT US NOW??

I don't give a crap what carriers are doing I care for what I can use/download now!

Thank god 7.1.0.267 is now official through SK Telecom
    Last edited by G73S; 03-07-12 at 07:04 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-07-12 06:42 AM
    From reading the thread it appears to have been pulled !!!

Long Live Leaks !!!!
    03-07-12 07:10 AM
    From reading the thread it appears to have been pulled !!!

Long Live Leaks !!!!
    Well here is the OFFICIAL 7.1.0.267 from SK Telecom that can be installed on any phone with any carrier by simply deleting the Vendor.xml file = DOWNLOAD

It's stable as a rock! Probably the best OS for the 9900 so far!
    Last edited by G73S; 03-07-12 at 08:09 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-07-12 07:17 AM
    My grandfather in heaven is testing OS 7.2.0.999 for Bold 9900 and 9930. Get back to you guys with more information as soon as he contact me.
    mrjonesy likes this.
    03-07-12 08:09 AM
    My grandfather in heaven is testing OS 7.2.0.999 for Bold 9900 and 9930. Get back to you guys with more information as soon as he contact me.
    your grandpa doesn't get peace in heaven.
    poor guy has to work when every one enjoys there.....
    03-07-12 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD