i am getting the 9930, and i have a question abut the voice mail. I have read that when i switch the device i should not do the 3rd party apps. So how do i get my visual voice mail on to my 9930?

Thanks
    08-17-11 09:23 PM
    I did the 3rd party apps with the switch device wizard (not knowing it could cause problems - which it did not for me), and so I had the VVM icon, but when I tried to open it, I could not get past the user agreement because it hung and would not scroll on the page. I deleted it and now am trying to find out how to get it back with @VZWSupport on Twitter.

It looked like there was an issue due to the different screen resolution on the user agreement page. It just stuck there. I couldn't back out of it or close it.

If anyone has this working, please speak up!
    08-19-11 12:47 PM
    There was already a visual voicemail icon on mine. It all loaded fine.

However, it is constantly telling me that it's full, and cannot receive any more messages. Which is a lie, because it can and does!

Anyone else come across this oddity?
    08-19-11 12:55 PM
    Well my Verizon VVM isn't working too well however there seems to be a different VVM that came with the phone (BlackBerry version?). That one seems to working fine although I don't like it as much as the Verizon one.
    08-19-11 12:58 PM
    I was told BB VVM will be coming with the the 9930 so we will have to wait and see....
    ...Of course Sprint also said it was coming with the 9650 and that ended up being a lie.
    ...The seed device I have does not have it on the device at all so it's making me wonder given it's already branded.
    08-19-11 01:07 PM
    The same thing happened to my 9930. The BB Voice mail works so I am just going to cancel the Verizon one.
    08-19-11 01:53 PM
    I assumed that the visual voicemail worked because I had the subscription. I can cancel my visual voicemail service now? Can anyone confirm VVM works with just the normal voicemail subscription?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 02:09 PM
    The same thing happened to my 9930. The BB Voice mail works so I am just going to cancel the Verizon one.

Where did you find the VVM on the 9930 and what did you do to activate it?
    08-19-11 02:10 PM
    This is interesting then....the VVM that came preloaded on mine, and works just fine, is a BB program. I had also presumed it was working because I have the VzW subscription, but maybe not? By reading the help file in the program, it does work by downloading the messages automatically from the Verizon server, and maybe Verizon wouldn't allow that if you don't pay the 2.99 a month?

I remember the first 'visual voicemail' I had on a phone, about 11 years ago on a motorola in the UK. I think it was a Timeport. It didn't download your messages from the carrier, but the phone would answer a call, and record the message itself, allowing you to play it back anytime. Kinda nifty back then!
    08-19-11 03:12 PM
    I got a couple of voicemails while ago and found I do have Visual Voice Mail after all but the icon is different. I had resent the service books prior to that so not sure if that did something.

The icon is the first one on the left of the All homescreen - looks like a phone with o_o by it. Next to it is another phone icon for the call log. It is shown in Options> Device> Application Management as Visual Voice Mail 3.0.0.157 Research In Motion. I don't know if the RIM app is working because I have the Vzw subscription or what, but it works.

The Visual Voice Mail on my Tour is version 2.0.17 Verizon Wireless.
    Last edited by suzicat; 08-19-11 at 04:09 PM.
    08-19-11 04:07 PM
    I assumed that the visual voicemail worked because I had the subscription. I can cancel my visual voicemail service now? Can anyone confirm VVM works with just the normal voicemail subscription?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think this is the case. When I go to use the visual voice mail I get a message which says:

Visual Voice Mail Setup starts by checking with your wireless service provider to confirm that you are signed up for this feature.

UPDATE

Ok, I tried using it and it says I have to sign up with my carrier to use it. Which I'm not doing.
    Last edited by edwingmel; 08-19-11 at 04:54 PM.
    08-19-11 04:43 PM
    ...However, it is constantly telling me that it's full, and cannot receive any more messages. Which is a lie, because it can and does!

Anyone else come across this oddity?
    Yep. Just started happening a few days ago.

(First of all - I HATE this version/app/whatever it is!)

With VZW's VVM, there was a tab w/your vm's, but also one for your trash. If you deleted a msg, it appeared in your trash where you could restore it or empty the trash.

The RIM VVM just shows a list. Once deleted, they are gone. Or at least I thought. As I listened to vm's and deleted them, I assumed they really were deleted. Then I started getting that msg. I showed only about 20 msgs on the list on my phone. But if I dialed into VM, there were over 40.

I called TS who had no idea why VVM wasn't really deleting them and could only offer the suggestion that I delete the app and redownload it. Can't do that because it's installed by RIM w/no option to delete/uninstall it. TS said it's a RIM problem and transferred me to BB support.

First BB tech I got barely let me tell him what was wrong before he told me to reinstall the OS. Really??? I asked for a supervisor, who said it's a VZW problem b/c it's their service. I argued that it's their app. When he couldn't offer anything else then transferred me to whoever is above them (can't remember the dept/title).

Very nice guy who said he honestly had no idea what the problem was. Agreed that it was a weird issue being a VZW service but a RIM app. End result of that call was he was going to forward the problem to their development team.

At this point, the phone is storing no more msgs than standard voicemail.

I honestly don't know whose end the problem is. Is the app not communicating w/VZW's servers to really delete the msg? Is VZW somehow blocking it from doing so? Or does the app have a bug that it's not even trying to delete them.

All I know is that I'm now donating $2.99/month to VZW for nothing.
    09-03-11 07:17 PM
    Anyone know how to transfer Verizon's VVM (the wave files) to your computer?
    09-03-11 09:29 PM
    I just checked the Verizon app store and it says VVM isnt available for the 9930.
    09-08-11 03:38 PM
    I just checked the Verizon app store and it says VVM isnt available for the 9930.
    That's because it's a RIM app that comes pre-installed on the phone. Yet it's a VZW service. Wouldn't be all that bad if the service and the app communicated properly! Ugh.
    09-08-11 03:41 PM
    That's because it's a RIM app that comes pre-installed on the phone. Yet it's a VZW service. Wouldn't be all that bad if the service and the app communicated properly! Ugh.
    Hm... I thought there were two, one by VZW and one by RIM.
    09-08-11 03:43 PM
    My vvm is working great. This phone is the first bb I have used it on. Coming from the iphone, it is a feature I had grown accustomed to.

09-08-11 04:18 PM
    My vvm is working great. ...
    Can I ask, have you ever gotten to a point that your actual mailbox is full? My phone showed I had about 20-ish msgs, ones that I had saved (reconciled fine when I first activated the phone) and hadn't had a chance to archive and delete. New ones that came in that I deleted from the phone, showed deleted in the VVM app, but never deleted from VZW's server.

That's when I started getting the msg that the other poster had, that the mailbox was full, to please delete. Drove me nuts b/c the phone showed in the 20's, but when I called in to my vm, I apparently had 40+. Tried reconciling, which did nothing. I had to re-delete them all from vm within the call.

Can't delete or uninstall the app as VZW had suggested. Since I saw this topic again, I just called TS. The guy has the same phone himself and said he would call RIM. He just called me back and said RIM acknowledged it as a known issue and would be addressed in the next OS release. He (TS) just emailed me saying, "I will be working with RIM on your issue and the resolution. If, you have any questions or concerns please email me."

We'll see - I hope so because I really depend on the service. Like the VZW app way better, but would live with the RIM one if it worked.
    09-08-11 04:39 PM
    It is available and works. Must activate - I think its $2 bucks/month. Works great. From the Tour to present come preloaded with VVM if you are on VZW.

09-08-11 05:45 PM
    My boss deleted, and isnt exactly versed in use of DM lol. I'm an hour away so I can't help. Does anyone have a download link? I cant find it anywhere and vzw isnt much help. Thanks in advance!
    09-16-11 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD