The person who has requested this, is thinking the same thing as I am.

The keyboard on the 9900 is brilliant, first class for typing conversations.

What is also does okish is typing numbers - however, that photo of the old BB with the virtual keyboard is genius.

I just went to dial a number of sometime (a shop not in my contacts) as it's slightly fiddly. I thought, "is there an option to "show numeric keypad" on screen, to switch from Dialed, to Keypad. Then, for us with big fingers, you can tap away on the phone soooo easily.

I do accept the screen isn't quite tall enough, but if it was similar to that image, it would be great. Simple to use. And more of a pleasure to dial.

I don't agree with him about "what if I am in a dark room", as someone else has rightly said, the keypad is lit! I just find it easier to type numbers on a bigger keyboard.

Try your home phone, and set the buttons which are probasbly around 8-10mm square..... to 4mm square and make a lot of 'manual' dialed calls.
    You'll find it not so easy.

So "here here" to the person who posted it.
    11-16-12 11:13 AM
    If you want an app just for dialing a number, look at easyDial in app world. Does what it says it does on the tin. Great little app
    shemaree09 likes this.
    11-16-12 11:17 AM
    mmmm... thats interesting, ill sign up for that option too!!!

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 9930 keyboard!!!!
    Yes, the idea of having a virtual keyboard on the 9900/30 for phone dialling would be great
    Maybe we'll see this happen in future uppdates ??? The virtual keyboard thing is in Options just not operational - yet ....
    11-16-12 02:06 PM
    Yes, the idea of having a virtual keyboard on the 9900/30 for phone dialling would be great
    Maybe we'll see this happen in future uppdates ??? The virtual keyboard thing is in Options just not operational - yet ....
    So why doesn't my steering wheel have a screen on it so I can see where I'm driving? Because I can look outside the windshield.

A virtual keyboard on a physical keyboard phone is absurd.
    11-16-12 06:26 PM
    So why doesn't my steering wheel have a screen on it so I can see where I'm driving? Because I can look outside the windshield.

A virtual keyboard on a physical keyboard phone is absurd.

Heyyy, grumpy who pissed in your cornflakes this morning ?
    11-16-12 10:46 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD