After much deliberation I've decided to buy myself out of my Rogers contract (I'm guessing 500 or so?) then sign up with Virgin and buy the phone on contract with them.
    So I'm wondering (1) are there any guesses on when Virgin is getting t 9900? And (2) am I right to assume that 500 or so should buy my freedom from Rogers? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 04:54 PM
    WHY would u go with Virgin? They have crap network in ontario. I know a buddy of mine in toronto who has virgin and his plan was pretty crap and his networks not good. if u want to cancel ur contract its about 565 + any outstanding payments. Rogers isnt the best company but have a better network than virgin. are you in toronto or in a suburb like Brampton or something?
    08-06-11 05:03 PM
    Hi, many thanks, I'm in Nova Scotia, here, I think, Virgin use the Bell network and so it's pretty good. I've had a bad experience with Rogers, have been thinking about leaving for a while and so the arrival of the 9900 seems to be the moment. Is that 565 including tax or is there tax on top of that? Anything north of $600 would really make me think twice. Thanks again for your comments
    08-06-11 05:19 PM
    To my knowledge it may just be 565 as is. Not sure about the network there but I think bell would be stronger there and as Virgin is Bell your good.
    08-06-11 06:03 PM
    Why would you do that.. LOL
    08-06-11 06:06 PM
    after much deliberation i've decided to buy myself out of my rogers contract (i'm guessing 500 or so?) then sign up with virgin and buy the phone on contract with them.
    So i'm wondering (1) are there any guesses on when virgin is getting t 9900? And (2) am i right to assume that 500 or so should buy my freedom from rogers? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rogers will charge you 20/month remaining on your contract to a max of 400 dollars,so if u have 20months remaining on your contarct it 400.....30 months still 400......etc...also you are correct virgin mobile is owned by bell mobility....which both run on the 3g hspa network...THEY WILL BE GETTING THE NEW BOLD ALTHOUGH NOT SURE WHEN....GOTTA ASSUME AROUND THE SAME TIME AS BELL
    Last edited by carullo; 08-06-11 at 06:12 PM.
    08-06-11 06:08 PM
    Doesn't it cost you $20/ each month left in your contract with Rogers, Telus and Bell?

That's one reason I'm with Virgin as they charge $10/ month to get out.
    Also I'm in BC and I have great reception (as you know they are tagged on Bell) I also like that with Virgin I can get unlimited international texting included in a smartphone combo plan whereas I couldn't find that anywhere on Rogers or Telus.

Not saying they are perfect but I like 'em better than the Big 3 up here.
    08-06-11 06:12 PM
    doesn't it cost you $20/ each month left in your contract with rogers, telus and bell?

That's one reason i'm with virgin as they charge $10/ month to get out.
    Also i'm in bc and i have great reception (as you know they are tagged on bell) i also like that with virgin i can get unlimited international texting included in a smartphone combo plan whereas i couldn't find that anywhere on rogers or telus.

Not saying they are perfect but i like 'em better than the big 3 up here. :d
    20 bucks a month to capped max of 400 dollars.......youre right though much better plans
    08-06-11 06:20 PM
    Yeah, my family are all back in ireland and so the international texting is a good thing for me. Also Virgin have been great for my wife whereas Rogers have been vile with me despite a monthly bill usually around the $150 mark! If it's a ceiling of $400 I'm in clover. I'll wait for the Virgin announcement on the arrival of the 9900 and then call rogers and tell them it's ok to see other people.
    08-06-11 06:30 PM
    why waste 565 when you can buy the phone with that money on rogers?
    08-06-11 07:42 PM
    Including the tax I'm looking at ballpark

Rogers = $640 ish (9900 plus tax)
    Virgin = $865 ish (Rogers termination + 3 year contract price)

But I can bring my monthly bill down with Virgin and not have to stay with Rogers who've mightily screwed me over in the past.

The difference between length of time left on Rogers contract and what I'd be signing up for with Virgin isn't much.

In fact the biggest plus for Rogers right now is that I'd might be able to get my hands on one a few days sooner! (as long as they sell them outright straight from the off and not only on contract).
    Last edited by Brazen9000; 08-06-11 at 07:57 PM.
    08-06-11 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD