This app will run circles around whatsapp with its wifi and 3g calling anywhere in the world. Require both users to have their app installed to make free calls, texing, send photos and locations. Available for ios, android with bb and wp7 still in beta state. I want everyone's ipions on this wonderful app that will change the voip world in the near future. What are your thoughts?
    06-05-12 04:37 AM
    This app will run circles around whatsapp with its wifi and 3g calling anywhere in the world. Require both users to have their app installed to make free calls, texing, send photos and locations. Available for ios, android with bb and wp7 still in beta state. I want everyone's ipions on this wonderful app that will change the voip world in the near future. What are your thoughts?
    The problem is the 'or more' part.
    That can mean anything.
    As it stands Viber is nowhere comparable to Whatsapp in terms of functionality. Nowhere near.
    The full fledged version of the app on other platforms has voice calling, which is great, and works very well.
    But, in terms of other features, its still nowhere near WhatsApp. Text/picture/video sharing and group chats aren't possible.
    Poor mans Skype at the moment.
    Would still love to see a full functioned version on BB, but deleted the current app cos it has zero functionality and is a battery hog. Plus its not as customisable as apps should be in terms of notifications/sounds etc and the push notification don't work, you have to open the app to have messages come in.
    estro22 likes this.
    06-05-12 04:53 AM
    Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D team.

Glad to see this discussion here about Viber.

Our guys are working hard into making Viber calls for BB available as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks,
    Viber team
    anon(3310921), T-Raww and atlac like this.
    06-10-12 03:23 AM
    Let's see if viber will bring call feature live before os 10. Everyone is waiting for os10 now.

Sent from Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2.
    06-10-12 05:34 AM
    Would also be nice for Viber not to drain the battery so much..
    06-10-12 06:03 AM
    @ma678 -
    We are working around the clock to bring the VoIP feature to our fans, and we hope to complete it within the next few months. We'll keep you posted with news

@newshutr -
    The latest version of Viber for BB (available in AppWorld) should have addressed the battery drain issue. Have you tried it out?
    atlac likes this.
    06-10-12 10:40 AM

@newshutr -
    The latest version of Viber for BB (available in AppWorld) should have addressed the battery drain issue. Have you tried it out?
    No, because I had deleted it. But I'll give it another try..
    06-11-12 04:25 AM
    I won't touch it until call feature is out.

06-11-12 04:33 AM
    @viber, same for me will only use it when VOIP will be available...
    06-11-12 04:58 AM
    @ma678 -
    We are working around the clock to bring the VoIP feature to our fans, and we hope to complete it within the next few months. We'll keep you posted with news

@newshutr -

You're a little bit late. A few months later bb10 will be released and we're going to bury bbos phones.
    06-11-12 09:07 AM
    You're a little bit late. A few months later bb10 will be released and we're going to bury bbos phones.
    Don't forget about the 77 million mud hutters out there who won't be getting OS10, earn about $1 an hour, and would love free wifi calls. Think global.
    lasm2000 likes this.
    06-11-12 09:50 AM
    It is important to understand that there are some internal limitations in Blackberry itself (the device and OS) that make is hard to implement VoIP - much more complex than other platforms, such as iOS and Android. However, our development team is working around the clock to overcome these obstacles and bring VoIP to the app, and to our fans

If all goes as planned, we hope to complete and add the VoIP feature within the next few months. We'll keep you posted with news.
    seacan2 and atlac like this.
    06-11-12 10:54 AM
    thanks for bringing viber to bb. I have it already installed on my 9900, and I love it !!
    06-11-12 09:00 PM
    thanks for bringing viber to bb. I have it already installed on my 9900, and I love it !!
    We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying our service
    We're working on newer versions with new features, and all the while working to develop VoIP onto Viber for Blackberry.

Once we have news, we'll fill you in.
    anon(3310921) and atlac like this.
    06-13-12 03:20 AM
    Whatsapp updates more frequently than viber does. I don't know what your constrain is.

06-20-12 11:33 PM
    Whatsapp updates more frequently than viber does. I don't know what your constrain is.

Well, we have a calling option, and working hard on developing it on Blackberry these days. So - that's a constraint
    phatmaan, anon(3310921) and atlac like this.
    06-22-12 11:28 AM
    You cannot call it an option until it goes live.

In addition, I don't know if Viber has resolved the bug that all my contact are gone after every reinstallation.

Well, we have a calling option, and working hard on developing it on Blackberry these days. So - that's a constraint
    06-22-12 11:43 AM
    You cannot call it an option until it goes live.

In addition, I don't know if Viber has resolved the bug that all my contact are gone after every reinstallation.
    What bug is this?
    Please elaborate.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    06-22-12 01:44 PM
    Viber without calling feature is like BMW without engine, useless..
    Mindis likes this.
    06-22-12 01:53 PM
    ive heard full version to be released at end of november is this rumour true?
    11-12-12 07:09 AM
    OS 10 won't be java based, that is the EOL for RIM's java based OS's. Correct me if I'm wrong
    11-12-12 07:50 AM
    viber promised a lot...calls still not here !!
    12-03-12 07:10 AM
    Hi Viber Rep

Will Viber (full version) also be available for the BB Playbook?

Many thanks

Haig
    12-03-12 08:02 AM
    I think it's unfair to say that Viber is useless. Viber has NEVER forced anyone to install their software. It's the USER who has set the requirements, and fairly so. But to call the software USELESS is uncalled for. If you can find an alternative, please go ahead and install another software. Until then, kudos to the Viber team for trying their best to bring VOIP to BB.
    phatmaan, MTL and T-Raww like this.
    12-04-12 10:04 PM
    quite honestly , if Viber got the call feature on the BB , that would be a good reason for me not to abandon RIM, dont get me wrong , I look forward to bb10 but not even one of my contacts has a BB , which sux for me
    12-04-12 11:47 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD