Ok, so does that mean this thread can be closed then
    11-16-12 09:41 PM
    Well I give up....... I phone was flat in 6 hours today.... useless absolutley useless....

So I did a full wipe, backed up to blackberry protect,
    Loader was corrupt!!
    sorted that
    Window's 7 wouldn't play nice and couldn't find the phone for nearly 3 hours, had to dig out an old winxp laptop...
    eventually got the berrylicous software on it,
    Now been battling blackberry protect for 3 hours, getting a constant message saying "this service is not available on your data plan" it is
    Ive done everything 25 battery pulls
    protect appworld update
    registered on network

Sorry but I don't know about everyone else but this really really really shouldn't be like this 8 hours do a software upgrade, to fix a bug that the manufacturer knows about ---- Its like going back to windows 95.. The damn thing is going through a window or my fire very very soon....

I can re install my desktop in 20 minutes and move 2tb of data in 6 hours.... how can making my high end phone be such a infuriatingly complex task!!! sorry but Blackberry have lost another loyal customer here...
    Is this your first smartphone? or first Blackberry?

It shouldn't take 8 hrs to do a software upgrade. That is not normal. At the most it has taken me about 1 hour. I've done plenty of software upgrades on my OS4/5/7 phones.

I've done my upgrades on Vista and currently Windows 7 often.

25 battery pulls? Maybe you have a defective phone. None of your issues are common. If it is still new I would recommend replacing it through your carrier.

Well how good is that, I cant use protect, as I dont have the service books, and I cant get the service books as vodafone is now closed....... this really is a piece of Junk... why cant protect just work through wifi.... really have totally had enough of this now...
    Blackberry Protect has a wifi only option.
    11-16-12 09:48 PM
    Is this thread real? I feel like Im getting Punk'd
    11-16-12 09:55 PM
    Is this thread real? I feel like Im getting Punk'd
    You and me both
    11-16-12 10:02 PM
    Is this your first smartphone? or first Blackberry?

It shouldn't take 8 hrs to do a software upgrade. That is not normal. At the most it has taken me about 1 hour. I've done plenty of software upgrades on my OS4/5/7 phones.

I've done my upgrades on Vista and currently Windows 7 often.

25 battery pulls? Maybe you have a defective phone. None of your issues are common. If it is still new I would recommend replacing it through your carrier.

Blackberry Protect has a wifi only option.
    I have had dozens of smartphones , starting first off with an Ipaq with pcmcia sleeve and gprs card... really have you read any my previous comments!. The reason its taken 8 hours first of the berrrlicous thread is 252 pages long, the bbsak app it turns has know issues with windows seven that are not published, and it now turns out the berrylicous hybrid has issues with the Vodafone uk service book...

Also as I have now found out the blackberry protect wifi only option is only available for backups not restores, for security reasons if you want to restore you hhave to have the correct service book installed...

Anyway my phone is back to normal as of 8 this morning ..... full wipe and the only things restore are my email accounts, and bluetooth and wifi profiles and guess what 3 hours and 25% gone, and I'm not using the sure signal......

As said before I genuinely love hacking and tinkering, Ive been playing with pdas and smartphones and small devices for 12 years, I'm saying this as I mess around with a linux open wrt pirate box, so am more than happy hacking but honestly, If someone like me is totally and utterly frustrated then no wonder people are dropping there BB's as most people realy dont want this grief.

RIM really need to sort there software development out, it reminds of Microsoft in the early 2000's when they could not keep up with exploits on win2k and XP and didn't have a viable windows update service and there technet and knowledge base was awfull... RIM need to start again, forget about apps etc etc and just get reliable phone software that works and works well, there email client is a shining example, but rest of the phone is riddled with problems and this is highlighted by this very thread where the only answer to everyone's problem is to run a hacked firmware..

and to people who think Im asking too much well I think not Im not looking for 2-3 days without charging Im looking to get through a 12 hour day with maybe 30 mins browsing and hours emailing and maybe 1 hours phonecall..... as it is my phone is flat in 12 hourss if I do nothing, if I do use its flat in 6 hours... surely that's not acceptable?
    11-17-12 05:55 AM
    Protect has both cellular and wi-fi options.

You can even tell it to backup only via wi-fi.

Reinstall the official 7.1 OS.

Use the device monitor app and see what apps are draining your battery. BTW, Whatsapp has push notifications, so you don't need it to have running all the time.
    is it a 3rd party device monitor app, if so which one is it?
    11-17-12 06:02 AM
    is it a 3rd party device monitor app, if so which one is it?
    BB Dev ice Analizer is built into the OS

Go into Device/Advanced System Settings

Alt/BBDA willl activate it

Exit Advance settings and go back in and you will find Device Analizer menu available.

Activate battery monitoring and it will begin to work and tell you what is happening on your device.
    11-17-12 06:30 AM
    I have had dozens of smartphones , starting first off with an Ipaq with pcmcia sleeve and gprs card... really have you read any my previous comments!. The reason its taken 8 hours first of the berrrlicous thread is 252 pages long, the bbsak app it turns has know issues with windows seven that are not published, and it now turns out the berrylicous hybrid has issues with the Vodafone uk service book...

Also as I have now found out the blackberry protect wifi only option is only available for backups not restores, for security reasons if you want to restore you hhave to have the correct service book installed...

Anyway my phone is back to normal as of 8 this morning ..... full wipe and the only things restore are my email accounts, and bluetooth and wifi profiles and guess what 3 hours and 25% gone, and I'm not using the sure signal......

As said before I genuinely love hacking and tinkering, Ive been playing with pdas and smartphones and small devices for 12 years, I'm saying this as I mess around with a linux open wrt pirate box, so am more than happy hacking but honestly, If someone like me is totally and utterly frustrated then no wonder people are dropping there BB's as most people realy dont want this grief.

RIM really need to sort there software development out, it reminds of Microsoft in the early 2000's when they could not keep up with exploits on win2k and XP and didn't have a viable windows update service and there technet and knowledge base was awfull... RIM need to start again, forget about apps etc etc and just get reliable phone software that works and works well, there email client is a shining example, but rest of the phone is riddled with problems and this is highlighted by this very thread where the only answer to everyone's problem is to run a hacked firmware..

and to people who think Im asking too much well I think not Im not looking for 2-3 days without charging Im looking to get through a 12 hour day with maybe 30 mins browsing and hours emailing and maybe 1 hours phonecall..... as it is my phone is flat in 12 hourss if I do nothing, if I do use its flat in 6 hours... surely that's not acceptable?
    So you hate the phone because you can't hack it? You're trying to install a hybrid OS? Why? I'm so confused. What are you doing again?

Like I ve said before, your issues are NOT normal. Many people get over 6hrs of use without changing a thing. I get 12-15hrs daily with my wifi and bluetooth on ALL day.
    11-17-12 09:54 AM
    Hi,
    if any of you is experiencing battery issues give this a try.
    Worked on my HTC and I will do it with my BB at around 1 month of use after the battery settles in.

Official response from HTC RE: How to double battery Life (WORKS!) + 2nd Reply - xda-developers
    11-17-12 05:23 PM
    Just stop streaming dirty videos and you'll double your battery life
    11-17-12 05:29 PM
    I love my 9900 and easily make it 16 hours using heavy whatsapp, bbm, email, twitter, bbm music and light web browsing.

Ill take yours off your hands if you hate it so much. My friend is looking for a 9900.

I use linux and play around with all platforms too and BB offers very little headaches, so i do not know what you are doing wrong.
    I clean mine off and re-install the OS every 6 months or so and i would say it takes me no more than 90 minutes from start to finish, meaning all apps are back with exact same settings installed on a shrunk OS.
    11-17-12 06:33 PM
36 12