my wifes new 9900 has a very dim red led indicator when she gets a message.... compared to mine it is quite a bit different dimmer. is there a fix for this or something wrong with the phone?

thanks in advance
    10-25-11 06:00 PM
    Are you sure you're not mistaking the proximity sensor for the notificatin LED? It's right next to it, and it flashes a very dim red light when you're on a phone call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 08:22 PM
    I am positive, I send her a bbm message and then have a friend send me a message and compare the 2 phones

JR A likes this.
    10-25-11 08:45 PM
    it should be bright. do a battery pull, but pay attention to the led after you reinsert it. it should flash once. if that's also dim and the issue isn't resolved after the battery pull, i'd consider returning it for a new one...
    10-25-11 08:54 PM
    If that's the case and it does have a problem what is my reason I tell Rogers for returning it?

10-25-11 10:04 PM
    call up tech support and describe your problem to them.
    they'll try to trouble shoot it.
    i would advise against overstating or misrepresenting your problem though.

i don't know how dim the LED notification light is so it's hard to say whether it's a defect or whether it falls within the acceptible range of manufacturing variation... If it's really only "slightly" dimmer, then it might not be a defect. RIM isn't known for QA - that's for sure.

have you checked the green (coverage) and blue lights (bluetooth) to see if they're also dimmer than yours?

You can also check out the app, bebuzz. it's not a fix but it's an app that lets you play around with your LED.

Anyway, give rogers tech support a shot.
    10-25-11 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD