Well several of you may have seen my other posts in the other sub forums asking the same question, but I need to ask.

Which version (9900 or 9930) is best for Norway or Europe use. I know the 9900 is tri and quad band and the 9930 is dual and quad band.

I was going to pick up a curve for overseas when the new one came out but by the looks of it I can get a 9900 from Rogers in Canada now rather than wait week for the new curves. But I will only pick up the bold 9900 if it will work oversees. And by work I mean I will unlock it and use it with a carrier in Norway as my everyday phone.

Thanks
    08-13-11 09:49 AM
    Thanks. I dont know what edge means but I assume it means the slower speed. Good info.
    08-13-11 06:29 PM
    9930 uses CDMA which is really just a standard in the USA. If you're travelling abroad get the 9900 (GSM).
    08-13-11 06:32 PM
    The best advice... get whichever is supported by your US network. If you are on AT&T or TMo you want 9900, and it will work on all GSM/3G networks around the world. However, be aware the unlock codes may not be available from third party unlockers for several weeks or even months after a new model is launched, and Rogers does not have a good reputation for releasing codes unless you buy full retail "off-contract, SIM-free"

You only need to consider 9930 if CDMA support is needed on your home network. In general CDMA service is only supported by the network supplying the phone, there is no CDMA equivalent to unlocking the SIM on a GSM device.
    08-13-11 08:29 PM
    ok, so if I get the NEW bold and NEW Torch from att on the 19/20/21 (which ever one of those days that they come out since att said its one of those days) will I be able to get both unlocked via someone around here?

I was going to get a friend to buy both phones for me, send them to me via priority mail carrier and get the unlock codes and procedure so I can use them right away! Can I do this? I am going to be very unhappy if I buy 2 brand new Bb models and cant use them for months! Can anyone here help me then?
    08-14-11 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD