First off, before you guys start yelling at me telling me that I can just download a leak or something, I already know that...

But I have a Mac and can't download a leak and I know that there are other people in the same boat as me, whether they can't or just don't want to download leak software.

But, why is VZW always the last with updates. I will admit that .374 has been stable for me for the most part, but its extremely dated (can't get any good custom themes unless you are on .5XX or higher, and Sprint has already released 7.1). When I went to the verizon store the guy said that it was RIMs fault in that they don't provide them with new software (which obviously must be wrong granted that all the other carriers have updated software being sent out to their subscribers).

I'm just a little pissed off with Verizon. They never really try and put the customer first, and when you mention Blackberry they try to make you buy a Droid or the iPhone.
    12-26-11 05:13 PM
    The Sprint 7.1 9930 OS release has a MAJOR issue where the battery percentage literally goes from 100% to about 92%. Maybe Verizon is waiting for the next built?
    12-26-11 05:19 PM
    The Sprint 7.1 9930 OS release has a MAJOR issue where the battery percentage literally goes from 100% to about 92%. Maybe Verizon is waiting for the next built?
    That's not exactly a 'major' issue, and all the newer 9900 OS builds do the same.
    12-26-11 05:21 PM
    Possibly. But they could have at least sent something out in the .5XX area. I hear those are extremely stable. And isn't .374 the OS with the bricking/nuking issue? My one and only bricked 9930 was a day after I upgraded to .374.
    12-26-11 05:22 PM
    What does 7.1 have that .374 doesn't? Mobile hotspot enabled that you have to pay for. I have great battery life with .374, no issues at all with the OS so I have no reason to update even when 7.1 comes to Verizon.
    12-26-11 05:24 PM
    What does 7.1 have that .374 doesn't? Mobile hotspot enabled that you have to pay for. I have great battery life with .374, no issues at all with the OS so I have no reason to update even when 7.1 comes to Verizon.
    fully custom themes and mobile hotspot.

I'm mainly in it for the themes. Working with some devs currently, but I can't test anything because i'm stuck on .374 and next to nothing customization wise works on anything less than a .5xx build of OS 7. And we know that .5xx builds are out there, stable and ready to be released. Verizon is the one not releasing them to the public, not RIM.

Oh, and again, .374 is the OS with the bricking problem. I have to cross my fingers every time I reboot my device or do a battery pull...
    12-26-11 05:28 PM
    fully custom themes and mobile hotspot.

I'm mainly in it for the themes. Working with some devs currently, but I can't test anything because i'm stuck on .374 and next to nothing customization wise works on anything less than a .5xx build of OS 7. And we know that .5xx builds are out there, stable and ready to be released. Verizon is the one not releasing them to the public, not RIM
    Fully custom themes? They're not in OS7.1

All of the few themes currently available will work on any OS build, except for the P9981 Porsche theme which won't work on OS7.1
    12-26-11 05:31 PM
    Fully custom themes? They're not in OS7.1

All of the few themes currently available will work on any OS build, except for the P9981 Porsche theme which won't work on OS7.1
    That is where you are wrong. You are correct about some stuff not working on 7.1, BUT, only the themes with icon/banner changes work on .5XX or higher. Hedone's AVIO theme doesn't work on my device and it has a fully custom homescreen (no panels, new icons in different places, etc). And the theme dev I'm working with has a fully custom, multiple homescreen Droid Nexxus theme in the works that is amazing, but again, only works with .5XX or higher).

As I stated, I don't really care about 7.1 persay, just something in the .5XX range would do to hold me over.
    12-26-11 05:34 PM
    Sorry, didn't realise you were talking about that awful Hedone theme... I'd rather be stuck on .374 with the stock theme than use that one
    12-26-11 05:45 PM
    I was using avio as an example. But, again. I test for a dev and all of his really custom themes won't work on my device. His Nexxus theme is going to be crazy when released. Many homescreens, awesome features.... makes the phone like a totally new device.

plus, for the 3rd time. .374 is the OS with the bricking issue for Verizon. I get nervous every time I do a battery pull or reboot...
    12-26-11 07:17 PM
    First off, before you guys start yelling at me telling me that I can just download a leak or something, I already know that...

But I have a Mac and can't download a leak and I know that there are other people in the same boat as me, whether they can't or just don't want to download leak software.

But, why is VZW always the last with updates. I will admit that .374 has been stable for me for the most part, but its extremely dated (can't get any good custom themes unless you are on .5XX or higher, and Sprint has already released 7.1). When I went to the verizon store the guy said that it was RIMs fault in that they don't provide them with new software (which obviously must be wrong granted that all the other carriers have updated software being sent out to their subscribers).

I'm just a little pissed off with Verizon. They never really try and put the customer first, and when you mention Blackberry they try to make you buy a Droid or the iPhone.
    blah blah blah blah - got anything better to cry about?. If you don't like it, change providers. What a useless rant...

"When I went to the verizon store the guy said that it was RIMs fault..."

Like that guy knows anything more about it than his $10.00/hour pay check...

Oh ya - one more thing you may find amazing --

I'm on a Mac Book Air 13" and Mac Book Pro 15". I can do leaked BB device OS updates all day long. In fact, I can it faster than on any of my PC's...

Wow...isn't that amazing?
    Last edited by FBA; 12-26-11 at 10:11 PM. Reason: So even a moron would get it...
    12-26-11 09:59 PM
    And isn't .374 the OS with the bricking/nuking issue? My one and only bricked 9930 was a day after I upgraded to .374.
    I ran 374 from the day I got my 9930 until the day 7.1 was released by Sprint. I didn't have a single problem with 374.

LOL...how is this a MAJOR issue?
    12-27-11 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD