I've been holding off on taking the plunge to the Bold 9930, hoping the price would come down a bit. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that Verizon had increased the price from $199 to $229. Ouch! Wonder what their thinking is on this one.........
    12-11-11 12:57 AM
    Are you in the US? Check out RadioShack Wireless | Save on Smartphones Cell Phones & Phone Plans that's where i ordered my phone from and got it for free + 9.99 shipping and got back a $25 gift card for verizon.
    ShalomBayit likes this.
    12-11-11 01:04 AM
    I ordered a 9930 from Best Buy as an upgrade like a week or so ago for my brother. It was $99.99. I called Verizon to see if they would match the price because I hate Best Buy, they wouldn't. I did ask them about potential warranty exchange though, and they told me that all warranty stuff can be done through them. I assume it wouldn't be any different through Radio Shack.
    ShalomBayit likes this.
    12-11-11 09:24 AM
    Thanks for the great info. I just ordered from Radio Shack, free 9930 with $25 Radio Shack gift card. Now I just have to wait for delivery! (in case anyone else is interested, it is an online or phone only offer, not valid in Radio Shack stores)
    12-11-11 11:04 AM
    Verizon pricing has always been a concern of mine, not just the phones but the plans as well. Sprint has matched different prices on two occasions for me through out the years and their customer service has been very good as well.
    12-11-11 11:27 AM
    Are you in the US? Check out RadioShack Wireless | Save on Smartphones Cell Phones & Phone Plans that's where i ordered my phone from and got it for free + 9.99 shipping and got back a $25 gift card for verizon.
    this is great! do you know since when this offer has been up or until when? I'm currently out of the country and wont be back in the US until early January and def want to grab this deal.
    12-11-11 02:58 PM
    Thanks for the great info. I just ordered from Radio Shack, free 9930 with $25 Radio Shack gift card. Now I just have to wait for delivery! (in case anyone else is interested, it is an online or phone only offer, not valid in Radio Shack stores)
    how much will you be paying a month?
    12-11-11 03:02 PM
    With the radio shack and best buy deals, although you save $$ on the cost of the device, you often pay more for the monthly fees (voice, text, data). I still choose to go through verizon and pay a little more for the device versus a higher monthly bill. I've never understood why people don't realize this when they buy their new Bolds.
    12-11-11 03:42 PM
    With the radio shack and best buy deals, although you save $$ on the cost of the device, you often pay more for the monthly fees (voice, text, data). I still choose to go through verizon and pay a little more for the device versus a higher monthly bill. I've never understood why people don't realize this when they buy their new Bolds.
    I noticed that too. Although the bold is free through radio shack, I'd still be dishing out more money every month, so that's not worth it.

I'm between ATT and Sprint.

Question -- I'm on best buy and att website comparing prices. Through att, the phone is 199 and it says my monthly bill will be 54.99 (im guessing no taxes included in this price) and 36 one time activation fee. my Subtotal is 199.99

at att.com, my monthly bill will be 54. 99 with a 36one time activiation fee as well, but my subtotal is 248.11.

so would my best bet be going through best buy?
    12-11-11 03:49 PM
    I noticed that too. Although the bold is free through radio shack, I'd still be dishing out more money every month, so that's not worth it.

I'm between ATT and Sprint.

Question -- I'm on best buy and att website comparing prices. Through att, the phone is 199 and it says my monthly bill will be 54.99 (im guessing no taxes included in this price) and 36 one time activation fee. my Subtotal is 199.99

at att.com, my monthly bill will be 54. 99 with a 36one time activiation fee as well, but my subtotal is 248.11.

so would my best bet be going through best buy?
    I assume on one of those you mean sprint?
    12-11-11 03:52 PM
    I assume on one of those you mean sprint?
    my mistake, I meant, through best buy* (but buying for an att contract) it's 54.99 and 36 one time act fee. subtotal, 199.99

but at the att website, comes out to 248.11 (54.99 and 36 as well)
    12-11-11 04:00 PM
    I upgraded a secondary line on a family share account. The monthly fee remains exactly the same in my case, despite purchasing the phone itself from Radio Shack.
    12-11-11 04:08 PM
    Am I seeing things or did anyone else happen to recently notice the 9930 priced at $199.99 online rather than the usual $229.99?? With Best Buy promoting their $99 offer again, and with BB10 on the uncertain horizon, I've been wondering when VZW might start dropping their 9930 price. Then yesterday I swear I saw it posted online for $199.99, but today it's back up to $229.99. I guess I must have dreamt it.
    06-21-12 11:31 AM
    Verizon pricing has always been a concern of mine, not just the phones but the plans as well. Sprint has matched different prices on two occasions for me through out the years and their customer service has been very good as well.
    Spencer, how is your signal strength/speed for phone and data on Sprint? I've considered changing to Sprint but have heard others comment that their 3G strength and coverage can be pretty terrible but that data is rather fast (when in Sprint's coverage area).
    06-21-12 11:34 AM
    Sprint's coverage is good, but the data speed is on the slow end. I wouldn't do much web surfing on the Bb during peak hours using their 3G network. It's slow. But that depends on where you are, inside a building or outside, etc. I've been with Sprint for 8 years and they haven't made much improvement with their 3G network. Thinking of going to ATT or Verizon.

Spencer, how is your signal strength/speed for phone and data on Sprint? I've considered changing to Sprint but have heard others comment that their 3G strength and coverage can be pretty terrible but that data is rather fast (when in Sprint's coverage area).
    06-21-12 02:09 PM
    Sprint's coverage is good, but the data speed is on the slow end. I wouldn't do much web surfing on the Bb during peak hours using their 3G network. It's slow. But that depends on where you are, inside a building or outside, etc. I've been with Sprint for 8 years and they haven't made much improvement with their 3G network. Thinking of going to ATT or Verizon.

Sprint 3G is horrible in my house.
    It's okay if I step out to sit on my porch though. & when I'm out & about it's good.

T-Mobile in my neighborhood is great from what neighbors have told me.
    & they offer wifi calling. If my contract didn't end until next year I'd jump ship to T-MO lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-21-12 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD