I just don't understand why CDMA users always get the short end of the stick. Yes, we may represent less than 20% of cell users globally, but we're 50% of the U.S.

Bummer...
    01-14-11 07:49 AM
    And you got the exclusive on the storm, you got the first bold with 512mb, the only tour, etc.

Sounds like big red has got plenty, and its someone elses turn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 07:57 AM
    I know what you mean, just out of the three devices leaked yesterday all THREE of them were for gsm!! It really sucks.
    01-14-11 07:57 AM
    I agree. If a good blackberry is being released it isn't on VZW. Big red has crap for Blackberry products. The tour was a bold with a trackball (and we all know how well trackballs work out) and don't even get me started on the storm..that could be the worst phone ever made.

01-14-11 08:03 AM
    I agree. If a good blackberry is being released it isn't on VZW. Big red has crap for Blackberry products. The tour was a bold with a trackball (and we all know how well trackballs work out) and don't even get me started on the storm..that could be the worst phone ever made.

Storm is better than the stupid Pearl Flip or it's fat, ******** cousin the Style
    melissaryyy and rlfricke216 like this.
    01-14-11 08:06 AM
    LOLOLOLOL fat ******** cousin....ok, sprint gets shafted worse than VZW. I agree!

01-14-11 08:07 AM
    Storm is better than the stupid Pearl Flip or it's fat, ******** cousin the Style
    LOL funny...
    01-14-11 08:27 AM
    And you got the exclusive on the storm, you got the first bold with 512mb, the only tour, etc.

EEEK!! I mean..really??? The Storm and the Tour?
    01-14-11 08:28 AM
    EEEK!! I mean..really??? The Storm and the Tour?
    I had both. Tour wasn't bad, I had one of the later ones that didn't have trackball issues. Storm was ok, once it got OS 5.0.0.419. Storm2? Meh...underwhelming to say the least.
    01-14-11 08:33 AM
    I never had the tour, but I had the storm 2. Surepress is crap and the phone itself was junk. RIM wants VZW people to buy iPhones.

01-14-11 08:55 AM
    Personally, I think that T-Mobile customers really get the short end of the stick when it comes to BlackBerry availability.....
    01-14-11 09:43 AM

As far as the first storm goes, it sucked...so thanks, but no thanks for that honor.

The first Bold with 512MB wasn't a distinction held for very long, and who cared by that point?

And as for VZ being the only one with the Tour...? let's not even go there.......

You have not even begun to prove that Verizon customers don't get screwed every time.
    rlfricke216 likes this.
    01-14-11 01:00 PM
    I know what you mean, just out of the three devices leaked yesterday all THREE of them were for gsm!! It really sucks.
    Guess what that means for cdma devices, absolutely nothing at all other than the cdma dept in rim is better at not leaking info and isn't currently being told off by their bosses.
    01-14-11 01:41 PM
    As far as the first storm goes, it sucked...so thanks, but no thanks for that honor.

The first Bold with 512MB wasn't a distinction held for very long, and who cared by that point?

And as for VZ being the only one with the Tour...? let's not even go there.......

You have not even begun to prove that Verizon customers don't get screwed every time.
    Yeah, what he said
    01-14-11 04:55 PM
    Hahaha! I agree.
    01-14-11 05:39 PM
    verizon has bigger fish to fry named android and ios.
    01-14-11 05:41 PM
    I never had the tour, but I had the storm 2. Surepress is crap and the phone itself was junk. RIM wants VZW people to buy iPhones.
    Sorry, but have to disagree...I LOVE SurePress and my Storm2 has been great from day one. Sorry you had a bad one, but that doesn't make them all "crap."
    Joneser2006 likes this.
    01-14-11 06:02 PM
    I am super pissed that all the leaks say the phones are GSM. I'm trying no to feel some type of way about all of this until we have some concrete info, but it is hard. Even if the Storm 3 goes to Verizon, like some people are still saying, what about people on Verizon who don't want a full touch screen phone? I guess I'm supposed to upgrade from my Tour 9630 to a Bold 9650 (Big step I'm taking there right?!?!?) It just looks like Verizon isn't getting anything, but the glimmer of hope we have looks so..... minimal and narrow. We would end up with ONE option, (if you can call it that) IF we do get a new BB. While AT&T has gotten the Torch and the Bold 9780 (did they get a new Curve too?) And at least Sprint got the Style. It might not be fabulous but it's more than Verizon has gotten....
    01-14-11 06:28 PM
    Personally, I think that T-Mobile customers really get the short end of the stick when it comes to BlackBerry availability.....
    Other than the 9700/9780, I'll agree to that assessment.

01-14-11 07:53 PM
    That's because other than coverage, Verizon sucks. Not to mention VZW isn't making it easier for RIM by pushing out their devices like they do Android. (Think about it: when was the last time you've seen a Verizon Blackberry commercial?). Plus I wonder how congested VZ's network will be from all those iPhone users....

01-14-11 08:04 PM
    GSM always rolls out first. Its a global market, and that way they can sell as much as they can, as fast as they can. CDMA versions show up later, sometimes.
    The rub is the ones that never see CDMA. The 9000 should have come in a world version to replace the 8830. Also the Dakota should have a CDMA version to replace the 9650, but I doubt that happens.
    I expect a CDMA version of Apollo, which from reading the specs should outperform the 9650.
    The 9650 is my device, and its a fine one, but I don't want to keep it forever.
    Monaco has the potential to be something special, at least in the BB world.

To get my money before QNX, they need a CDMA Dakota, or possibly a horizontal slider version of the Monaco. Otherwise I won't have a reason to rue the loss of early upgrades.

Last edited by skyboxer; 01-14-11 at 10:31 PM.
    01-14-11 10:23 PM
    GSM always rolls out first. Its a global market, and that way they can sell as much as they can, as fast as they can. CDMA versions show up later, sometimes.
    The rub is the ones that never see CDMA. The 9000 should have come in a world version to replace the 8830. Also the Dakota should have a CDMA version to replace the 9650, but I doubt that happens.
    I expect a CDMA version of Apollo, which from reading the specs should outperform the 9650.
    The 9650 is my device, and its a fine one, but I don't want to keep it forever.
    Monaco has the potential to be something special, at least in the BB world.

To get my money before QNX, they need a CDMA Dakota, or possibly a horizontal slider version of the Monaco. Otherwise I won't have a reason to rue the loss of early upgrades.

There's a chance a version of the Torch (not the Torch 2: let's get that out of the way) is coming to Verizon soon....
    01-14-11 10:45 PM
    no way verizon is getting screwed. they are getting probably the best device among the rumored new group. the storm 3 is shaping into a nice device. when rim first launched the storm series, they decided it should be exclusive to verizon. and you don't see any type of storm on tmo or at&t. therefore, the 9000 was an exclusive device for at&t just like the storm was for verizon. and verizon has many touchscreen devices on its network. it does a good job in representing the touchscreen form factor.and the torch will eventually end on verizon as well. so if you are not happy with your carrier, then move onto another one. and stop complaining.
    01-14-11 11:11 PM
    no way verizon is getting screwed. they are getting probably the best device among the rumored new group. the storm 3 is shaping into a nice device. when rim first launched the storm series, they decided it should be exclusive to verizon. and you don't see any type of storm on tmo or at&t. therefore, the 9000 was an exclusive device for at&t just like the storm was for verizon. and verizon has many touchscreen devices on its network. it does a good job in representing the touchscreen form factor.and the torch will eventually end on verizon as well. so if you are not happy with your carrier, then move onto another one. and stop complaining.
    Agreed, granted the supposed Storm 3 (monaco) will NOT go to VZW as it is speced as GSM only.
    01-14-11 11:19 PM
    Agreed, granted the supposed Storm 3 (monaco) will NOT go to VZW as it is speced as GSM only.
    verizon will get their version because it continues the storm line for them. as for the gsm version, i see tmo getting it. at&t will have the dakota.
    01-14-11 11:30 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD