im tired of hearing about cdma and their 9930.i want to hear what at&t is going to do.it better not leave its customers in the dust.hopefully on fan night we hear something from at&t.cx tweeted that at&t is testing the iphone 5 and its coming soon.hope that can be taken as a good sign of at&t moving things along.i just hope at&t doesn't take until christmas.im happy that iphone 5 is coming since its on my check list with the bb's.at&t needs clear out any old devices and revamp their lineup with new ones.so say bye to the torch,curve 3g,and iphone 3gs/4.
    08-01-11 08:08 PM
    im tired of hearing about cdma and their 9930.i want to hear what at&t is going to do.it better not leave its customers in the dust.hopefully on fan night we hear something from at&t.cx tweeted that at&t is testing the iphone 5 and its coming soon.hope that can be taken as a good sign of at&t moving things along.i just hope at&t doesn't take until christmas.im happy that iphone 5 is coming since its on my check list with the bb's.at&t needs clear out any old devices and revamp their lineup with new ones.so say bye to the torch,curve 3g,and iphone 3gs/4.
    and how is your post related to this thread?
    08-01-11 08:23 PM
    So if it is not 4G LTE then is it a faster 3G? I doubt anything like that exists lol just curious. I wonder if they will advertise it as 4G...
    Only for GSM. GSM supports HSPA+. However EVDO doesn't really have any upgrades available other than EVDO Rev C which basically all carriers bypassed completely for LTE. So there's nothing really to upgrade to.
    08-01-11 08:29 PM
    I'm doubting Rogers will have the new phones ready so soon, though it is a possibility that they will let people pre-order starting then...we shall have to see.

As to the "4G" advertising, it does look like the ITU is letting any technology that is faster than ITU standard 3G, to call itself 4G. But LTE is another issue all together. It is obvious from any reputable source that RIM is not going to jump on the LTE bandwagon until the chipsets mature.

But many carriers are calling new higher than 3G speed networks 4G, but not LTE, at least not yet.

Take Telus for instance, they have just rolled out Dual Cell HSPA+, using multiple freq bands to increase bandwith(Dual-Cell HSDPA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and are calling it 4G with no problem. So in theory once I get one of these new BB's I should be getting 42Mbps in Ottawa, or at least 21Mbps even if I am two far from a tower etc. Telus has even mapped out their plan to expand their network speed all the way to LTE at some time in the future.

4G Network | TELUS Mobility

So hopefully a 9900 from Telus will be capable of operating at full HSPA+ speeds, while giving us the long battery life we all expect from RIM phones, and this is fine with me.

CS
    08-01-11 08:32 PM
    and how is your post related to this thread?
    its related in the sense of how much info about the 9930 is being posted with threads like this.and yet we have nothing concrete from at&t what their lineup dates will be like.so im hoping at fan night at&t wakes up and tells us what it plans to do.gsm customers like myself don't want to be left out and not get any new candies(devices).
    08-01-11 08:32 PM
    I would expect the torch 2 to have more publicity, advertising and arrive first over the 9900 for AT&T.

So basically I would assume this is back-seated behind the Torch 2 release on AT&T, which also is not totally concrete yet.
    08-02-11 08:42 PM
    So since the 9930 is CDMA/GSM will it be able to run 3G in other countries outside of the USA?? I'm from the Caribbean: Barbados. That's why I'd like to know
    03-10-12 01:58 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD