I think RIM struck early to get the online orders going before there big push with the stores and inventories are still a work in progress. It has nothing to do with appeal, etc at this stage...They haven't even done marketing or sales blitzes yet. I'm convinced they came out with the new devices early to appeal to their loyal followers first. More is coming. It's their biggest launch ever so it's just a matter of time for everything to be in place..Especially since they did so well with this Bold, the mass appeal is really starting to kick in.
    08-27-11 11:54 PM
    why do people in general move from whatever they have to Blackberry these days. ...but what is the compelling thing about BlackBerry?
    I am switching to a bb9900 from WebOS and WP7 and if you like I will list the reasons. In no particular order...

1)Keyboard
    2)Stability
    3)email
    4)Battery Life
    5)Expandable memory
    6)BBM
    7)bridge to Playbook (getting one of these too)
    8)Web Browser
    9)Call Quality
    10)multitasking

...just to name a few. I can get some of these in the competition, but I can only get ALL of these in a Blackberry. In fact, I've been waiting since the original Bold launch before taking the plunge for the simple fact that the browser was unacceptable. With BB7, this is no longer the case!

As I type this my unbranded 9900 is on its way to me for use on AT&T from Canada. I spent a half hour playing with a demo in a Sprint store the other day, this has only made things MUCH worse.
    08-28-11 12:17 AM
    Um... Wake up people - BlackBerry's are very popular among the younger crowd - BBM is the only reason why - and a good reason at that.

I'm VERY happy with my 9900 - only complaint is the battery life - which I've heard has improved with the latest software leaks- is this true? How much better would you say the battery is with 353?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 12:41 AM
    The other thing that many people forget is that the blackberry stores ALL the emails on the actual device. not just 200 or so like the other phones. btw i have both a 9700 and an IP4 so im not camping in one location. with that said i have emails that i refer to that go back many months and when i search, its instantly there (not searching some server somewhere)

For One Battery Life! Blackberries are known for Great battery life in most users opinions. Push Email is a plus, led notification sensor, BBM...there's a lot to say about Blackberries.

The only Verizon Ads I have seen are about the 4G LTE with tablets on their products....the lightning commercial.

08-28-11 01:04 AM
    I am switching to a bb9900 from WebOS and WP7 and if you like I will list the reasons. In no particular order...

1)Keyboard
    2)Stability
    3)email
    4)Battery Life
    5)Expandable memory
    6)BBM
    8)Web Browser
    9)Call Quality
    10)multitasking

...just to name a few. I can get some of these in the competition, but I can only get ALL of these in a Blackberry. In fact, I've been waiting since the original Bold launch before taking the plunge for the simple fact that the browser was unacceptable. With BB7, this is no longer the case!

As I type this my unbranded 9900 is on its way to me for use on AT&T from Canada. I spent a half hour playing with a demo in a Sprint store the other day, this has only made things MUCH worse.
    1..its keyboard is the best mobile keyboard in the world. i will rate RIM 95% for making the best keyboard on bold 5 (9900), after bold 1 (9000).

2..i dont get what you mean by stability but this baby is very comfortable. the hardware and feel from touching it is awesome

3..its push email is instant. about 2 seconds delay (which is quite fast). i will rate it 92%

4..its battery life is the worst (compared to all other BB's i have used - about 10). even my storm 1 and storm 2 had better batteries. its still a mystery to me as how RIM went wrong on the battery of a small screen device. this is where RIM "goofed" on this device. i will rate it 50% because you wont have battery issues as long as you have 3 chargers. one at home, one in your car and one at the office. although some guys in the forum are being positive that some new OS build might solve this problem, but i dont believe it.

5..it can expand to 32gb. i will rate it 80% on this. but of what use is a 32gb card for music or video if its battery will drain by 5% for every track you play? (just kidding)

6..not much difference between BBM 5, 6 or 7. just a few features and switched interface.

but if you are new to BBM, then be ready for the ride of your life. you wont recover i tell you. you will never be lonely again. you will never have free periods. meditation or think while lying on your bed will suddenly be a thing of the past. your friends without BB will think you are mad because you will occasionally laugh loud in church/mosque and in the midst of any crowd without been shameful. a lot more will happen to you than you can ever imagine.

7..it works perfectly. i will rate it 94%

8..its web browser is very fast. i guess its because of the device's high processor. i will give RIM 70% on this one because they did same thing as other device but over-priced their's.

9..i havent experienced any call problem. i dont know if i should rate this. is call quality not the responsibility of the carrier?

10..multi-tasking works okay for me and pretty fast. again i think its bcos of the processor. i will rate RIM 75% on this.

hope you are satisfied with this review. i will advice that you buy this phone not only because its the best BB to date (except for the battery) but because it will definitely give you "textual healing" (its a song. listen to it)
    08-28-11 01:10 AM
    Just for reference, when the iPad2 came out, VZW had ads but no demo devices or in-store stock. I went to 3 different stores and they all tried to order one for me online. One guy told me that only the Apple stores got actual stock. Another one suggested I check out the XOOM, but when I tried it was frozen with an error screen...
    08-28-11 01:19 AM
    i'm loving my verizon bb bold 9930 that i ordered online a few days before the official release of it in the stores. call quality is great. calls are quick to make. calls come in clearly. call are not dropped. calls are...
    08-28-11 09:32 PM

1)Keyboard
    2)Stability
    3)email
    4)Battery Life
    5)Expandable memory
    6)BBM
    8)Web Browser
    9)Call Quality
    10)multitasking

Nice, another WebOS convert. I am too and many of my reasons are the same. Except for BBM though. I have exactly zero friends with BB's so BBM is completely useless for me. Bummer!
    08-28-11 10:54 PM
    ^me neither, I think the only people I know with BBs are my aunts, so I guess I'll be talking to them a lot more, lol!
    08-28-11 11:03 PM
    Let's hope the new devices bring an onslaught of new users. I had many friends jump ship to Android and iPhone, but since I have had the 9930 for a couple weeks, a few have picked it up and were very impressed with it's speed and smooth operation. Having come from a Storm 2 and a 9650, this phone was a no brainer for me. Whatever your use of a phone is......this should fit your needs. But as always.....to each his own.
    08-29-11 04:19 AM
    I'm eagerly waiting for september 15th, the day which RIM announce Q3 update. The global launch of 9900/9930 should have surely helped a lot. Specially interested in what positive impact this device had.
    08-29-11 05:30 AM
    I went in to Verizon & they tried to push a android device on me. *smh*

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    08-29-11 06:09 AM
    For One Battery Life! Blackberries are known for Great battery life in most users opinions. Push Email is a plus, led notification sensor, BBM...there's a lot to say about Blackberries.

The only Verizon Ads I have seen are about the 4G LTE with tablets on their products....the lightning commercial.

1. Push E-mail: With Exchange services on iOS, I see negligible difference in terms of how quickly I get my e-mail. I've had similar experiences with Android phones.

Now, with corporate users, I know that BBs still provide more secure services and gives the admins more control. But to most consumers, I don't see how the e-mail experience is any different.

2. Notification sensors: You can buy an Android phone with notification sensors if it is very important to you.

3. BBM: I never understood this argument. Given the number of iOS and Android devices out there, I don't see how this could be considered a strength. There's a reason why cross-platform messengers have soared in popularity and will continue to do so. As the BB marketshare declines, BBM will become less and less of a competitive advantage. Frankly, I also think other messengers provide better experiences in terms of aesthetics and equally smooth experience in terms of functionality.

Now, I love the BB keyboard and think that that's enough reason for me personally to get a 9900. But, I don't find it strange at all that VZW would push other OSes.
    08-29-11 06:20 AM
    Ha, I went in Saturday afternoon as well to pick one up, and I was told they were sold out. Not sure how many devices they were actually given, but it couldn't have been many.
    08-29-11 06:32 AM
    I switched from an Android device to the 9930 and so far the experience has not beem so great. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with RIM support and reloaded the OS 4 times and thought I had all the issues fixed but still having stability problems.
    freezing
    Excessive little clock
    Sometimes I can't access the internet on wifi it taked a few trys to connect. I think the device has hardware issues not so much software. The problem with trying to sell a blackberry over an Android device is BB still has not come to par with other devices. Also the lack of apps on the new OS is terrible compared to any other platform. I don't think RIM will go the way palm did but tough times are ahead for them. Personally I believe apple will suffer more losses than RIM in the next few years.

08-29-11 08:58 AM
    I switched from an Android device to the 9930 and so far the experience has not beem so great. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with RIM support and reloaded the OS 4 times and thought I had all the issues fixed but still having stability problems.
    freezing
    Excessive little clock
    Sometimes I can't access the internet on wifi it taked a few trys to connect. I think the device has hardware issues not so much software. The problem with trying to sell a blackberry over an Android device is BB still has not come to par with other devices. Also the lack of apps on the new OS is terrible compared to any other platform. I don't think RIM will go the way palm did but tough times are ahead for them. Personally I believe apple will suffer more losses than RIM in the next few years.

Can you not exchange it?

08-29-11 09:12 AM
    Push E-mail: With Exchange services on iOS, I see negligible difference in terms of how quickly I get my e-mail. I've had similar experiences with Android phones.
    Agreed to a point, however, the organization and layout of email is so much better - all the little things that you can do with BB make it MUCH easier to use than the I-thing - I have both phones and have had an android phone. If email/SMS/Calls are your priority, BB is the way to go (IMHO).
    08-29-11 09:42 AM
    Yeah I thought it was crazy that I haven't seen anything on TV about any new BB coming out. Crazy.
    You're kidding, right? Like in not-serious, no?

An iPhone launch is something that interests millions of people. Lines around the block all night. THATs why you see it on TV.

The new BB's? nobody much cares except the BB-diehards. And there's not that many of them since most users have moved on to iPhones and Android phones. And while a new iPhone is always a significant upgrade, the new 9900's are just catching up to where other phones are specvise.
    08-29-11 10:33 AM
    Nice, another WebOS convert. I am too and many of my reasons are the same. Except for BBM though. I have exactly zero friends with BB's so BBM is completely useless for me. Bummer!
    ^me neither, I think the only people I know with BBs are my aunts, so I guess I'll be talking to them a lot more, lol!
    Remember...You can add people you text (SMS/MMS) to your BBM. It doesn't give you all the benefits of BBM but you can use the interface.
    "Add a contact to text within BBM"
    08-29-11 10:35 AM
    I had been ATT for years and made the switch to Verizon just to get 9930 immediately. The Verizon reps did not know a thing about 9930..could care less and sold just becasue I asked for it. Matter of fact tried to 'pitch' Android's etc twice during our initail conversation. BB seems to be for us dedicated to BB and use for business only. I will never be able to go to a virtual keyboard and I am very pleased with 9930.
    I must say in my 'own opinion'....BB will never be able to match some of the other new phones. If it were apps and just having a phone for fun and games. There is no doubt it would not be a BB. If anyone thinks their BB can perform like HTC..Samsung...etc I would love to see a live demonstration. My wife's iPhone is fun to play around with and BB can't hold a candle to apps.
    08-29-11 10:45 AM
    Some reps didn't even know any other phone is being released other than the almightly Droid Bionic.
    08-29-11 10:46 AM
    I can attest to this. When i purchased my Verizon 9930 their demo device was hidden all the way in the back while their iOS devices where in the middle and Adroid devices where right in front next to the main door entrance...rep was nice though and didn't try to push me an Android device..i should have commended her for that.
    08-29-11 11:23 AM
    This is likely one of a few reasons why VZW doesn't promote the new BBs. The new BB are not LTE/4g phones. VZW wants to get as many of its smart phone customers onto a 4G device ASAP. Use of VZW LTE/4G will greatly improve VZW's network capacity in the immediate future. Big red doesn't want to lock a customer into a 3G phone for a 2 year contract if it doesn't have to. It would much rather sell that customer a new 4G phone.
    08-29-11 11:47 AM
    Can you use BBM on Playbook if you don't have a blackberry phone?

And this might seem like an odd request, but is there somewhere I could see what BBM looks like? Screenshots and what not?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...erry-messenger
    08-29-11 02:51 PM
    You're kidding, right? Like in not-serious, no?

An iPhone launch is something that interests millions of people. Lines around the block all night. THATs why you see it on TV.

The new BB's? nobody much cares except the BB-diehards. And there's not that many of them since most users have moved on to iPhones and Android phones. And while a new iPhone is always a significant upgrade, the new 9900's are just catching up to where other phones are specvise.
    You're smoking teh crack if you think millions of people aren't interested in BBs....
    08-29-11 02:53 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD