Anyone have any idea when verizon will be coming out with os 7.1 for the 9930?
    12-28-11 11:21 AM
    Install the leak posted at the top.

You just have to remove the vendor.xml file(s) before trying to install it.
    12-28-11 11:39 AM
    Just install the Sprint version. It's not a leak. It's an officially released version. Be sure to delete BOTH of the vendor.xml files.
    12-28-11 04:50 PM
    Like others have said, just load the Sprint build. It's pretty solid. It got rid of a lot of bugs that .374 had and battery life is noticeably improved.

As for Verizon releasing a 7.1 build, a source told me they were testing it now and into January. We should hopefully know something mid January. I don't have any proof but I'm sure it's pretty obvious to many of you.

It's kinda nice that Sprint and Verizon are releasing apart from each other so far, so that we don't get the exact same (or similar) builds from both with a huge hiatus in between. We obviously still have less frequent builds leaked/released than our GSM buddies, but at least we were first to get 7.1 officially.

I knew Sprint would be next to release over CDMA since they were long overdue, but I was surprised to see them launch 7.1 first officially over any other carrier. Hopefully Verizon gives us a nice 7.1.0.2xx build soon. I heard they were testing something very similar to Sprints though (even slightly older), but with it not having been approved yet, hopefully it failed to pass and we see something much higher.
    12-28-11 04:58 PM
    Anyone have any idea when verizon will be coming out with os 7.1 for the 9930?
    I hope this isnt too stupid of a question for the forum. How do you install a non-carrier upgrade? I understand that you remove these two files. Once you launch BB Manager, what are the steps? If you know of a link to another thread that would be great too. I would like to try installing the Sprint update as a customer of Verizon. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-11 05:17 PM
    I hope this isnt too stupid of a question for the forum. How do you install a non-carrier upgrade? I understand that you remove these two files. Once you launch BB Manager, what are the steps? If you know of a link to another thread that would be great too. I would like to try installing the Sprint update as a customer of Verizon. Thanks.
    Go here https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BB765225CE8C0E and download 7.1.0.163 from the Bold 9930 section on the pulldown menu.

Backup your files with Desktop Manager and/or Blackberry Protect from here to insure you don't lose everything valuable to you.

Install the exe you downloaded earlier. I would then go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader/ and delete the vendor.xml. They say there is another vendor.xml file somewhere lingering that has to be deleted usually, but I haven't had to do this.

Then open Loader.exe in the same folder, make sure your device is connected through USB, and follow the instructions to get it installed.
    12-28-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD