We learned that Verizon doesn't say anything, isn't going to share the spot light with other carriers and will announce what they want in their own drawn out method. Will VZW get the new BB's, yes. When they choose to announce them is another story, I mean the 9550 is nearly 2 years old so they really need to get it done. Plus if they chose not to add these phones and kept the older outdated hardware longer, customers who want BB's would simply move on to other carriers.
    08-04-11 07:11 AM
    Giving up on RIM has become a respectable option too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 10:11 AM
    Giving up on RIM has become a respectable option too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nah, no chance
    08-04-11 10:21 AM
    My company uses BB, and while I could justify a case to keep my Android phone I see the benefits of going back to BB, now that the phones are on par with features etc of Android and iOS. I could care less about a FFC, but a good processor, RAM, storage and display are critical to my needs.

So RIM is still a strong choice and even I could play "Analyst" and spout opinions about why to keep or drop a certain tech stock or device. At the end of the day it should be based on your real world needs and not a perceived need for features you won't be using.
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-04-11 12:07 PM
    My latest daily web chat with Verizon Rep:

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Kiara'

Kiara: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: RIM just announced two new blackberry phones the 9930 and the 9850. Any information on when they will be available from Verizon?

Kiara: I do apologize for the inconvenience I do not have any information on the 9930 and the 9850

Kiara: Although we have wonderful Blackberry's available now

You: Do you know if Verizon will be carrying those phones?

Kiara: I do not have any information on the 9930 and the 9850.

Kiara: I do not have information on any future release that Verizon may offer

Kiara: I do apologize for the inconvenience

You: As a 20 year customer with Verizon I would recommend that you pass on to your superiors that they are going to lose business to other carriers but not providing information on the latest Blackberry phones. Simple information such as if they will be carrying certain models and estimate of availability would go a long way to retaining customers. I know it is not your fault but you might want to pass that message on to your superiors.

Kiara: It is not that we are with holding information there honestly is no word on the 9930 and the 9850 coming to Verizon.

You: You have a video of the 9930 on your website or at least you did.

Kiara: I do apologize for the inconvenience although there has not been any information on the release of Blackberry 9930 and 9850. It may not be coming to Verizon it may be for another carrier

You: http://cache.vzw.com/productvideos/s...kberrybold.mp4

You: Thank you.

Kiara: I will be sure to pass that information to my superiors, is there anything else that I may assist you with here online today?

You: No, thank you for your time.
    08-04-11 01:31 PM
    I don't have a very good feeling at all about the timing of Verizon rolling out the new line of BB'S? We all know that Verizon favors the other brands, and they are showing it even more now....
    08-04-11 02:13 PM
    1:52:36 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

1:52:36 PM : Session ID: 3375132

1:52:36 PM : ryan dicioccio: Initial Question/Comment: i want to get the blackberry 9930 with sprint do you know when you it will be for sale through sprint?

1:52:46 PM : Megan K. has joined this session!

1:52:46 PM : Connected with Megan K.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 3375132.

1:52:46 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Megan K..

1:53:26 PM : Megan K.: Hello.

1:53:31 PM : ryan dicioccio: hey

1:54:11 PM : Megan K.: We are about to launch blackberry 9930

1:54:21 PM : ryan dicioccio: what day please ?

1:54:31 PM : Megan K.: I am sorry we don't have any exact date about it till now.

1:54:44 PM : ryan dicioccio: any estimate?

1:55:16 PM : Megan K.: Since this device is not available to our customers, I am unable provide the details you requested. If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if a change in availability occurs.
    08-04-11 02:22 PM
    i know it has nothing to do with verizon this last comment of mine but i cant figure out how to do a new post for my life ..... anyways looks as if sprint may release sooner than Fall if so im jumping ships to sprint for a bold 9930 and a cheaper cell plan
    08-04-11 02:23 PM
    I don't have a very good feeling at all about the timing of Verizon rolling out the new line of BB'S? We all know that Verizon favors the other brands, and they are showing it even more now....
    Verizon is going with what's in demand to get people signed onto their network. Right now, BB hasn't offered anything compelling to draw more people in

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-04-11 02:28 PM
    RIM hasn't offered anything compelling to draw users in until NOW. The new crop of BB's should do quite well to draw in new users. They offer more power, better graphics, HTML5 support and comparable internal and expandable memory options. Verizon needs to get their act together especially given their total internal network outage last night. If you called into customer service or tech support and needed help well I was told I had to call back and maybe in a few hours their computer systems would be up.
    08-04-11 03:07 PM
    OK I am just telling you what I think. I don't have any proof, this is just my assembling of what I know from the various forums.

Since we've seen what Verizon has for Sept in this release (9670 only)

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-cur...nt-lte-enabled

And this tweet from liquidcyber says it will come out on 8/10 on Verizon

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...25-vzw-633583/

Then these and other not so clear comments lead me to think it will be released on Verizon in Aug. I would guess the next two weeks.

If it doesn't make Aug and the leaked Sept is correct it would be Oct or later. I don't think (hope) they will wait that long but if AT&T isn't releasing until Oct I guess it is possible.

I know it's just a phone, but it has been fun following the 9330 and now guessing when.
    08-04-11 03:15 PM
    Honestly, I hope something new comes out from RIM. I need new toys with which I can play

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-04-11 03:19 PM
    the september vzn sheet (and lack of the 9930 being on it) is a good sign. why people continue to post carrier rep "chats" with no information is comical, in a sad way.
    08-04-11 04:00 PM
    Well on their website they dropped the 9330 down to a penny, but the 9630 is still at $149.99. So maybe not for a while longer? Since the 9930 is replacing the 9650?

It appears as of today the 9650 price is now down to $99.99 with a two year contract price on verizon's website! Maybe it will be coming soon!
    08-04-11 04:33 PM
    It appears as of today the 9650 price is now down to $99.99 with a two year contract price on verizon's website! Maybe it will be coming soon!
    Hopefully in the next week or so!

One can hope right?
    08-04-11 04:52 PM
    i'm still seeing 9650 listed at $150
    08-04-11 04:53 PM
    i'm still seeing 9650 listed at $150
    Same here....
    08-04-11 05:18 PM
    WHY can't they just give us an official release date and give us (at least me) some peace of mind?!? This is the same scenario I had with the Tour two summers ago. Nothing... until boom, it's in stores.
    08-04-11 07:00 PM
    WHY can't they just give us an official release date and give us (at least me) some peace of mind?!? This is the same scenario I had with the Tour two summers ago. Nothing... until boom, it's in stores.
    Then a thread appears here and we all contact our respective stores asking if they have them in stock. When we finally find a store, we run there and hope nobody got them. What fun right?
    BBLove93 likes this.
    08-04-11 07:07 PM
    My latest daily web chat with Verizon Rep:

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Kiara'

Kiara: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: RIM just announced two new blackberry phones the 9930 and the 9850. Any information on when they will be available from Verizon?

Kiara: I do apologize for the inconvenience I do not have any information on the 9930 and the 9850

Kiara: Although we have wonderful Blackberry's available now

You: Do you know if Verizon will be carrying those phones?

Kiara: I do not have any information on the 9930 and the 9850.

Kiara: I do not have information on any future release that Verizon may offer

Kiara: I do apologize for the inconvenience

You: As a 20 year customer with Verizon I would recommend that you pass on to your superiors that they are going to lose business to other carriers but not providing information on the latest Blackberry phones. Simple information such as if they will be carrying certain models and estimate of availability would go a long way to retaining customers. I know it is not your fault but you might want to pass that message on to your superiors.

Kiara: It is not that we are with holding information there honestly is no word on the 9930 and the 9850 coming to Verizon.

You: You have a video of the 9930 on your website or at least you did.

Kiara: I do apologize for the inconvenience although there has not been any information on the release of Blackberry 9930 and 9850. It may not be coming to Verizon it may be for another carrier

You: http://cache.vzw.com/productvideos/s...kberrybold.mp4

You: Thank you.

Kiara: I will be sure to pass that information to my superiors, is there anything else that I may assist you with here online today?

You: No, thank you for your time.
    My name is Peggy!
    mjs416 likes this.
    08-04-11 07:18 PM
    My name is Peggy!
    I love it!
    08-04-11 08:10 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD