I have am trying to install the .374 OS on my 9930; however, it is up to the stage where it is backing up my data. It is up to social feeds and it says 0% and then says total backup complete: 13%. It has been stuck like for this for over 2 hours. I have my verizon service off and wifi on; however, the wifi icon is not present on the top right hand corner of my screen, it just says off. It was working find until social feeds and at that point, I don't recall seeing the wifi icon either. I don't want to lose any of my datd on my 9930! Has this happened to anyone before/can someone please help me?
    12-28-11 05:20 PM
    Don't updated the OS OTA. Just don't.

Use a computer. If you don't have a Windows computer, borrow one.

Seriously.

Even if you insist on updating the OS OTA (but really, don't do it), then be sure to backup the data manually to a computer first.
    Mikey112 likes this.
    12-28-11 05:35 PM
    Don't updated the OS OTA. Just don't.

Use a computer. If you don't have a Windows computer, borrow one.

Seriously.

Even if you insist on updating the OS OTA (but really, don't do it), then be sure to backup the data manually to a computer first.
    That's true too. I just checked my 9930 and it finally past the social feeds stage and the update is being processed. I just hope everything is back to normal when it's all said and done.
    12-28-11 05:49 PM
    How's the OTA coming along?
    12-28-11 07:28 PM
    How's the OTA coming along?
    It actually just finished successfully after 5 hours!
    12-28-11 08:01 PM
    It actually just finished successfully after 5 hours!
    Oh dang!!! I couldn't imagine waiting that long without being able to use it. Ouch!
    12-28-11 08:05 PM
    Oh dang!!! I couldn't imagine waiting that long without being able to use it. Ouch!
    It was kind of annoying, but it wasn't that bad. It's not like I needed to use it during that period of time which is why I chose to do it today.
    12-28-11 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD