I just did a speed test with an app from crackberry. I got 522Kbps down, isn't that not so great?

Via Blackberry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk®
    11-11-11 12:11 AM
    Bb speed tests aren't reliable. But vz 3g speeds are comparitively terrible. On an identical phone in the same location Sprint 3g was faster in every test I did and hspa+ for gsm will always be a lot faster than evdo rev a.

One of the reasons I left vz.
    11-11-11 12:24 AM
    Bb speed tests aren't reliable. But vz 3g speeds are comparitively terrible. On an identical phone in the same location Sprint 3g was faster in every test I did and hspa+ for gsm will always be a lot faster than evdo rev a.

One of the reasons I left vz.

I just can't leave, I drive in sketchy service areas and I need their coverage.

11-11-11 10:53 AM
    My tests show around 800 Kbps down on 3G
    11-11-11 11:27 AM
    I just can't leave, I drive in sketchy service areas and I need their coverage.

Yeah if you need traveling coverage probably not much you can do....
    11-11-11 12:56 PM
    Verizon's speeds are not great but as someone said their overall coverage and reliability is the best by far. Verizon is the only one I can make and receive calls consistently in Vegas hotels. For speed, nothing tops AT&T, but that's only when you have coverage.
    11-11-11 08:11 PM
    For speed, nothing tops AT&T, but that's only when you have coverage.
    I don't think so. T-Mobile has deployed their HSPA+ 42 network and here in South Florida it works very well. For example, I have a Samsung Galaxy 4G with a HSPA+21 modem and I can't tell when last I have ever seen a speed under 10Mbps using the Speed Test app.
    11-11-11 08:27 PM
    Verizon's speeds are not great but as someone said their overall coverage and reliability is the best by far. Verizon is the only one I can make and receive calls consistently in Vegas hotels. For speed, nothing tops AT&T, but that's only when you have coverage.
    +1 TAG, Speed only counts if you have coverage. If I want speed I'll use wifi. Vzw also has the best customer service in the industry. I have never been able to connect with a real human so fast or get charges adjusted just by asking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 11-11-11 at 08:42 PM.
    11-11-11 08:39 PM
    I don't think so. T-Mobile has deployed their HSPA+ 42 network and here in South Florida it works very well. For example, I have a Samsung Galaxy 4G with a HSPA+21 modem and I can't tell when last I have ever seen a speed under 10Mbps using the Speed Test app.
    As a previous poster stated speed tests aren't reliable so take the figures you see with a grain of salt. On my laptop I get consistent readings of 20mbs with speedtest.net but I seriously doubt when I'm streaming apple TV or netflix it's at that speed. Real life experiences dictate what's true and accurate. Last night at a restaurant I had 5 bars 3G Verizon and 1 bar 3G AT&T, but AT&T was running circles around Verizon speedwise.....go figure.
    11-11-11 08:52 PM
    The server your connected to matters but it is no contest Verizon has some OS the slowest 3G ever. A gsm user will almost always outdo Verizon 3G sometimes getting 3-5x the speed on att or tmobile.

And they'll be doing it with a pre-4g device like a captivate or vibrant. Verizon needed LTE a lot more than AT&T or tmobile needed hspa+ or LTE.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    11-11-11 08:57 PM
    Also tmobile has free roaming so call coverage is hardly an issue. It's their data coverage that's terribad.

11-11-11 08:58 PM
    H+ and 3G speeds are never going to be great. H+ technical limit is 14Mbps down but I doubt anyone gets anywhere that. LTE is where it's at. My friend's Bionc gets 35Mbps down and 14Mbps up on Verizon. AT&T is already running TV ads with 4G LTE service now. Sprint won't be far behind. T-Mobile seems to be sticking with H+ and that's unfortunate. I dropped Sprint and went with Verizon a few years ago simply due to coverage. Verizon works everywhere.
    11-11-11 10:14 PM
    Also tmobile has free roaming so call coverage is hardly an issue. It's their data coverage that's terribad.

tmobile also has wifi calling
    11-12-11 03:21 AM
    There's a reason VZW has the most suscribers even though they are the most expensive. In contrast TMO has better pricing yet are bleeding customers quarter after quarter. But by now, everyone should know to go with who and what works for them.
    11-12-11 11:51 AM
    Verizon also lies about 4G coverage. Their map says I should get coverage on the east side of the nearest big town (Colorado Springs). Only 3g. Figures.
    11-12-11 01:48 PM
    Verizon also lies about 4G coverage. Their map says I should get coverage on the east side of the nearest big town (Colorado Springs). Only 3g. Figures.

Which device are you using?

11-12-11 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD