FYI...I emailed AT&T customer service and expressed my displeasure of the rumored November release date of the 9900. The rep thanked me for my feedback and said she would pass my suggestion on to management. Although this may have been a waste of 2 mins of my time, I hoping that enough people complain so they push up the release date. One can only dream...since I've been dreaming of owning this phone for the past 9 months.
    08-23-11 12:05 AM
    Nothin against you frustrated att folk, but what is the issue with ordering one from Rogers? It can be unlocked and running H+. Heck i would have done that in a heartbeat if i was still with att.
    08-23-11 12:19 AM
    Nothin against you frustrated att folk, but what is the issue with ordering one from Rogers? It can be unlocked and running H+. Heck i would have done that in a heartbeat if i was still with att.
    $$$$$$, my good man.
    08-23-11 12:44 AM
    So, does a Rogers 9900 fully support the AT&T 3G/HSPA+ bands? If so, how do you order one, direct from Rogers off-contract? Will they even ship to the US?
    Yes it will work but you have to unlock it.
    08-23-11 01:02 AM
    1. I dont know anyone in Canada
    2. I have a 9780 from Rogers now & its been the worse BB I've owned.
    a. The Stutter Keyboard issue is annoying
    b. Theres nothing I can do about it, since its unlocked & not under warranty.
    3. For the life of me I cant get VVM to work - tried every possible way & even had members from here try to help and no luck.

Thats just me though lol
    08-23-11 01:18 AM
    I don't want to sound like one of those people that wear tinfoil hats, but I think ATT
    releasing of phones has some to do with Apple dictating things. ATT has been Apple's
    b*tch once the iPhone really started to become popular. It benefits Apple much more
    to have the i5 (or i4S) released before the 9900 is on ATT.

I can't explain the Verizon side of it. Apple probably just doesn't have the same
    stranglehold that they do with ATT.
    You may have a point here...Apple might be scared of a little head to head competition with the 9900/30 and iP5. Apple may know their not offering anything NEW in the iP5,but want to get the numbers up before releasing the 9900/30. SHAME ON YOU AT&T...BB nation is as strong as if not stronger than Apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 01:27 AM
    I have been a BB user for quite some time. I have also used the iphone 3gs recently. This isn't a venting thread to compare devices. This thread is to express my extreme dissatisfaction with AT&T about the release of the 9900. I understand that there are other numerous threads complaining about this but I feel as though I must get it off my chest. In a nutshell, what the heck is AT&T waiting for ? I don't want to hear the "field testing" crap. If every other carrier can get the Bold Touch to the market, why can't AT&T ? Competition for the iphone5 ? Come on, the demographics for each phone is different, the Blackberry would not take sales away from Apple. I'm just so frustrated now. If I want the BB Bold 9900 now, I'll have to switch to Verizon which is a major pain, who the **** knows when AT&T will release the phone. November is not a certainty right now. Thanks for letting me vent ...
    It just doesn't make sense for them as a business, you're gonna release a phone that dropped just a year ago but hold out on a phone that you haven't carried since the 9700?!?! They would have had a leg to stand on if the Torch had re-designed hardware but its basically the same phone, dirt cheap cuz they need the numbers.

08-23-11 03:28 AM
    I'm going to wait another couple days to see if the rumor about a August 31 release is possible true (I really doubt it) ....If not, I will probably switch carriers and join Verizon to get my hands on the 9930 ...AT&T, you kill me !!!
    08-23-11 06:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD