I have been a BB user for quite some time. I have also used the iphone 3gs recently. This isn't a venting thread to compare devices. This thread is to express my extreme dissatisfaction with AT&T about the release of the 9900. I understand that there are other numerous threads complaining about this but I feel as though I must get it off my chest. In a nutshell, what the heck is AT&T waiting for ? I don't want to hear the "field testing" crap. If every other carrier can get the Bold Touch to the market, why can't AT&T ? Competition for the iphone5 ? Come on, the demographics for each phone is different, the Blackberry would not take sales away from Apple. I'm just so frustrated now. If I want the BB Bold 9900 now, I'll have to switch to Verizon which is a major pain, who the **** knows when AT&T will release the phone. November is not a certainty right now. Thanks for letting me vent ...
    08-21-11 03:36 PM
    Switching might not be a bad way to go unless Verizon has no coverage where you live. Verizon has much better service than Att does in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 04:11 PM
    i have great att coverage in my area and i travel a lot and will not leave att for any device. i got my 9900 from Canada and it works great on the att network. h+ almost everywhere...
    08-21-11 04:16 PM
    Finz, I right there with ya pal.

I'm just going to save my money, purchase a 9900 from Rogers, save my upgrade, maintain service with AT&T and use my upgrade on the QNX device whenever it comes out.
    08-21-11 04:33 PM
    An AT&T call center clerk told off me off the record that the 9900 would be out August 31. I hope he's right!
    08-21-11 04:43 PM
    I still think AT&T will release the Torch2 and 9860 before the 9900. It will not release for months, after the iPhone 5
    08-21-11 04:44 PM
    I'd get one off ebay, etc but for the warranty coverage issue. Unless RIM handles repairs directly with the consumer, none of the non-ATT options are looking very appetizing.
    08-21-11 04:48 PM
    I hear ya. I'm not even a BlackBerry user and am in fact an iPhone 4 user on AT&T, but I kind of want a 9900(alongside my iPhone). However, with this 'delay' of the 9900 I'm losing a lot of excitement for it for so many reasons; camera, low specs compared to other phones, general bugs and issues, new iPhone on the horizon, etc.

I have some sort of weird love for BlackBerry devices but whenever I come close to convincing myself to get one, there's always an issue.
    08-21-11 04:49 PM
    Right with ya buddy... the fact that carriers in Singapore and Malaysia are getting this device before AT&T is nuts. I thought this backdoor nonsense with Apple would've stopped after the VZW iPhone was released, but I guess not. All I can say is Steve better be getting the tab for dinner if we're putting out like this.
    08-21-11 05:04 PM
    Burton, I agree !! How in the heck can Singapore and Malaysia get the 9900 before AT&T ??? What a joke ....
    @Eric, I hope you're right but I think we might have heard something by now if that were true ....*crossed fingers*
    08-21-11 05:25 PM
    I'm anxiously awaiting a release date from AT&T.
    08-21-11 05:29 PM
    It won't be in august. It won't be in September .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 05:44 PM
    I don't want to sound like one of those people that wear tinfoil hats, but I think ATT
    releasing of phones has some to do with Apple dictating things. ATT has been Apple's
    b*tch once the iPhone really started to become popular. It benefits Apple much more
    to have the i5 (or i4S) released before the 9900 is on ATT.

I can't explain the Verizon side of it. Apple probably just doesn't have the same
    stranglehold that they do with ATT.
    08-21-11 05:48 PM
    I too am eagerly awaiting the 9900's arrival, but I'm not mad at AT&T for not releasing this device right away.

We got the Torch 9810 today at an amazing price point to help launch their BB "portfolio". This is just the start of AT&T's rollout of BB7 devices. How long have we waited for this device? A couple years? It's not going to kill us to wait just a few more weeks/months to get it.
    08-21-11 05:57 PM
    9860-september
    i5-early october
    bold-currently in field testing;october
    thats how at&t's upcoming lineup stacks up.at&t has put a lot emphasis on the torch 9810 release which occurred today.since 9810 was the first main priority,the next one to pick up a lot of wave is the i5.that is at&t's cornerstone.you can expect a lot of buzz of the i5 in coming days from them.bold was never at&t's priority.but the extra lay time they had for it means there must be a logic behind it.they should have something on it that others carriers don't.
    08-21-11 06:03 PM
    I'd consider switching if my whole family wasn't on AT&T. My husband and my in-laws are with AT&T for the iPhone. And I recently had my mom and sister switch to AT&T (they both have 9800s). So at this point, heading to Verizon isn't really an option just to get a phone that I'll have access to by Thanksgiving (God willing). I'm patient.
    08-21-11 06:09 PM
    Well I guess if there's any consolation at all, we're being forced into not being the earliest adopters. This way some of the early bugs can be worked out before we get the phones. Ok, I'm fishing for things. I'm as miffed as anyone how AT&T can be so lax on the release of this phone.
    08-21-11 06:36 PM
    As much as I want the 9900 like all of you, I don't mind them working out the hardware and software kinks.

I remember when the 9000 first came out on AT&T, our version was relatively smooth compared to the bumps in hardware and software that other carriers had.

I agree though on a product timing standpoint, this sucks majorly, since it's been almost 2 years since the 9700 and the iPhone 5 is rumored to come out as soon as October...
    08-21-11 06:41 PM
    I'd consider switching if my whole family wasn't on AT&T. My husband and my in-laws are with AT&T for the iPhone. And I recently had my mom and sister switch to AT&T (they both have 9800s). So at this point, heading to Verizon isn't really an option just to get a phone that I'll have access to by Thanksgiving (God willing). I'm patient.
    I am in a very similar situation as you. I am excited for the release of the 9900 on AT&T, but it would just be too much to cancel and switch to another provider. I can wait.

It also seems like there are quite a few people having "quality control" issues with their devices. Spongy menu buttons, too hard to or too soft keyboard clicks, lines through the camera, uneven track pads, etc....

Maybe the demand will ease a little and QC can increase some....
    08-21-11 06:45 PM
    I am in a very similar situation as you. I am excited for the release of the 9900 on AT&T, but it would just be too much to cancel and switch to another provider. I can wait.

It also seems like there are quite a few people having "quality control" issues with their devices. Spongy menu buttons, too hard to or too soft keyboard clicks, lines through the camera, uneven track pads, etc....

Maybe the demand will ease a little and QC can increase some....
    The above along with some other issues is the prime reason why AT&T hasn't rushed this device to market.
    08-21-11 06:49 PM
    I hope the wait is worth it. I go from very angry at AT&T to hopeful. I am angry as EVERYONE ELSE has it. I am hopeful that AT&T is working out all the rough edges. maybe they will release with mobile hot spot. I really want a mobile hot spot phone!

Lastly I tend to think like others that Apple at some level has had an influence on this. Maybe it is simply a resource thing??? Maybe it is at the highest levels? Who knows? I do know that the big dawg on the block is Apple and we all have to be aware of the big dawg!
    08-21-11 06:55 PM
    Finz, I right there with ya pal.

I'm just going to save my money, purchase a 9900 from Rogers, save my upgrade, maintain service with AT&T and use my upgrade on the QNX device whenever it comes out.
    So, does a Rogers 9900 fully support the AT&T 3G/HSPA+ bands? If so, how do you order one, direct from Rogers off-contract? Will they even ship to the US?
    08-22-11 05:04 AM
    Burton, I agree !! How in the heck can Singapore and Malaysia get the 9900 before AT&T ??? What a joke ....
    @Eric, I hope you're right but I think we might have heard something by now if that were true ....*crossed fingers*
    Even Dubai, which is in the Middle east, got it on the 18th of August, and India got it on the 15th of August...

And I always thought that US and Canada Carriers always release phones first and you guys must be lucky.

I'd get it off Rogers and unlock it if I were you and save my upgrade for the QNX
    08-22-11 05:42 AM
    I guess I'm just anxious to use my newly acquired upgrade from AT&T. I've had the Bold 9700 for 21 months and I'm ready for the 9900 ! I'm not a patient person, so I may have to switch to Verizon on the 25th and give up all my rollover minutes (not to mention my unlimited data) ....
    08-22-11 05:46 PM
    I have some sort of weird love for BlackBerry devices but whenever I come close to convincing myself to get one, there's always an issue.
    I am theeee exact same way. I don't know what it is but I have this special thing for blackberries. My issue is I get hyped about it get one then I lose interest then switch to something else and it's happening again with these new blackberries lol.
    08-22-11 05:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD