I'm in the States and I had my 9900 turned off until about 10 minutes ago. As soon as it booted I got the need to validate messages for the @live and @outlook email addresses. Sure is a bummer.

I want to use this phone again. I am hesitant to have the messages forwarded to my gmail account as I will not know when (or if) this issue is fixed.
    Do you have other devices accessing your MS accounts? It's looking like a coworker's 99 works fine as the ONLY device accessing their Hotmail. For about 20 hrs, or so. Fwiw. No other devices, PCs, etc are accessing that hotmail account. Only her 99. If that makes any sense at all... lol. She's planning to wait another day or so and then try activating Hotmail on her Classic again. If the theory holds, MS should see the two devices on the same account, recognize that there's 1000 miles between them, deduce the physical impossibility of traveling that 1000 miles in minutes, and shut her down. IF that theory holds... big if.

If so, might it be possible to forward hotmail to another, 9900 dedicated hotmail so that the same MS accounts are never accessed by a 9900 along with any other device? ??? Just theory. Maybe completely wrong??? Idk.

Another theory I've overheard among my crew is that some certification may have expired at BB... ???? If so, I suspect only BB can fix. Of course just finding someone who remembers where the light switch is at NOC might be another challenge. Lol.
    05-11-17 11:20 PM
    I have been having the same issue - only with my hotmail account. I contacted BlackBerry - they say it's an issue with MSN/Hotmail and they have advised them (MSN/Hotmail) of the issue and they are working on it and users will get some sort of notification when they've figured out what the problem is. Which isn't very helpful ... but at least we're not crazy and our phones are not self-destructing.
    05-12-17 02:13 PM
    I have a BB Bold 9650. I have had it now since around December of last year. I got it when in Virginia. And while there it worked fine.

I have been in Northern Illinois since March and I have had nothing but trouble with the phone. It will show 3G but can't access anything or it will only show 1G and still can't access anything. As a matter of fact I can't access much regardless. And there is a tower just outside of where I am staying and working. Available access is not the issue. We aren't short on towers here by any means.

I called tech support at BB and they seem to have done something more or less (not quite sure what exactly). I can now make and receive calls and texts, but can't access the net easily.

Then the email issue started around the end of April, beginning of May. I have two email accounts, Yahoo and Hotmail. No other components are accessing the phone or email. But I am getting validation every time I get email. I have done it all, talked to tech (they said call MS), done a full shut down, removed the battery, reloaded the email and all to no avail.

I noticed the Canadian IP issue mentioned and since I am where I am right now I was wondering if that could possibly be the issue?

Also, something more interesting were several mentions here in this thread about this same thing happening in 2014 (May). What did they do to resolve that issue then and why is it not being applied now and what is it with the month of MAY?

They shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel here. History should be a sufficient teacher.
    05-12-17 02:59 PM
    Do you have other devices accessing your MS accounts? It's looking like a coworker's 99 works fine as the ONLY device accessing their Hotmail. For about 20 hrs, or so. Fwiw. No other devices, PCs, etc are accessing that hotmail account. Only her 99. If that makes any sense at all... lol. She's planning to wait another day or so and then try activating Hotmail on her Classic again. If the theory holds, MS should see the two devices on the same account, recognize that there's 1000 miles between them, deduce the physical impossibility of traveling that 1000 miles in minutes, and shut her down. IF that theory holds... big if.

If so, might it be possible to forward hotmail to another, 9900 dedicated hotmail so that the same MS accounts are never accessed by a 9900 along with any other device? ??? Just theory. Maybe completely wrong??? Idk.

Another theory I've overheard among my crew is that some certification may have expired at BB... ???? If so, I suspect only BB can fix. Of course just finding someone who remembers where the light switch is at NOC might be another challenge. Lol.
    i do have other devices...mainly a BB Classic, and have no trouble with receiving all emails on that device...just the 9900.

I hate to admit it, but I have an iPhone 7 Plus and have had no issues with receiving any @live or @outlook emails.
    05-12-17 06:12 PM
    i do have other devices...mainly a BB Classic, and have no trouble with receiving all emails on that device...just the 9900.

I hate to admit it, but I have an iPhone 7 Plus and have had no issues with receiving any @live or @outlook emails.
    I guess what I'm saying is that it might be your other phones, etc accessing MS that confuses MS for the BIS ip. In other words, it seems like shutting off access on the other devices seems to "fix" 99 on a coworker's, and now my, 99. Coworker still reports flawless Hotmail service on 99 since shutting off hotmail sync on all OTHER devices, almost two days ago. I did likewise this morning and Hotmail on 99 is still "flawless" 12 hrs L8r. Too early to be conclusive so... fwiw.

IF, big if, this proves to be a ridiculously flawed solution, my next plan is to set up a 9900 only hotmail account and simply forward from old account. If, if, if, .... lol.
    05-12-17 07:45 PM
    We're having same discussion over on thread I started last week about Microsoft email validations. All the fixes so described seem to have same negative end result. Only fix I could come up with was to run my outlook and hotmail webmail thru my gmail. Work fine that way. Would be nice to see a better fix.
    05-13-17 01:09 AM
    Hotmail on my 99 has been rock solid for 24 hrs, now, since disabling access to that account from my OTHER devices. Coworker's hotmail on 99 has been rock solid for over two days since also disabling that hotmail account on her OTHER devices. Seems "fixed" to me. Did disabling all OTHER devices on that same account "fix" it? OR, did MS fix their non-sense coincidentally? Idk. Either way, hotmail seems perfectly solid, now. I'm going to try re-enabling that hotmail account on my Classic & see if the issue returns... Will report back... In ONE of these threads... Lol.
    05-13-17 05:18 AM
    Hotmail on my 99 has been rock solid for 24 hrs, now, since disabling access to that account from my OTHER devices. Coworker's hotmail on 99 has been rock solid for over two days since also disabling that hotmail account on her OTHER devices. Seems "fixed" to me. Did disabling all OTHER devices on that same account "fix" it? OR, did MS fix their non-sense coincidentally? Idk. Either way, hotmail seems perfectly solid, now. I'm going to try re-enabling that hotmail account on my Classic & see if the issue returns... Will report back... In ONE of these threads... Lol.
    Coincidence. Seems to be working again with or without disabling other accounts.
    05-13-17 10:59 AM
    Coincidence. Seems to be working again with or without disabling other accounts.
    Agreed. Coincidence. All accounts active on all devices at this end. No complaints so far.
    05-13-17 12:57 PM
    I started receiving emails and no validation message received. All accounts are active on all of my devices also. Wonder what thei issue was?

Thanks to everyone who posted and for their suggestions/updates/comments. That is why this is a great community!
    05-13-17 05:59 PM
35 12