Hi,

I just moved to Indianapolis from Canada. I have a Rogers 9900 that I had unlocked locally so that I could use it on T Mobile's network (am on a monthly plan with 100 minutes, unlimited text and data and blackberry internet services).

Since signing up, I can only make and receive calls but cannot get on-line through internet explorer nor check my BB e-mail. When I try going on-line, it says "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web, you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan".

I checked my account with T Mobile and it says I have unlimited data and am signed up for BB internet services so I should be able to do both.

I was wondering if it's an issue with my phone vs the provider.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike
    01-01-13 11:14 AM
    It may have something to do with the bands supported by the phone vs the carrier. Rogers and AT&T hardware function on the same frequencies, where as T-mobile runs on the AWS bands (same as Wind Mobile here in Canada). I'm guessing you are only getting voice service through 2G GSM and no data connection.

What does it say in the top right corner beside the signal bars - H+, 3G, or something else?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-01-13 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the help.

On the top right hand beside the signal bar, it just says 'edge'.

When I looked under Network Mode options under 'Mobile Network', it lets me choose 3G/H+, 2G, or 3G/H+ & 2G (currently selected).
    01-01-13 04:34 PM
    Hi there!

I am not sure if you are still having the issue - but it sounds like you aren't correctly configured with your service books. I would re-send the carrier's service books - you can do this from the device itself.
    <b>
    For BlackBerry smartphones running on BlackBerry� 6 or BlackBerry� 7, please perform the following steps:
    1. On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, navigate and click on the Setup icon.
    2. In the Setup homescreen, navigate and click on the Email Accounts icon.
    3. In the Email Accounts selection screen, select Internet Mail Account.
    4. If prompted, type the username and password, and then click Log In .
    5. On the main screen, click Menu button and select Service Books, then click on Send Service Books to send Service Books to BlackBerry smartphone.</b>

You can also change you Network Mode to '2G'.

Perform a device reset via a battery pull and hopefully your "edge" will become capitalized upon restart ("EDGE") and your data services will properly function.

Hopefully this helps!
    01-28-13 01:17 AM