Hey crackberrians have any of u considered using an IP blocker on a PC or a Mac to be able to get the free bb apps that are available only for US customers? Is it even possible?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 01:54 PM
    Not possible.

When you come to download the app to your phone, App World knows exactly where you are.
    03-11-12 02:00 PM
    Not really Phill_UK... I live in Brazil and I have BlackBerry News App, which is only available to a few countries. Using the HTTP Proxy setting on the Wi-Fi settings I was able the make the AppWorld think that I was in the US. However, it is not easy as it sounds. It does take a LOT of tries to get it to work, but it is doable.
    03-11-12 02:19 PM
    Not really Phill_UK... I live in Brazil and I have BlackBerry News App, which is only available to a few countries. Using the HTTP Proxy setting on the Wi-Fi settings I was able the make the AppWorld think that I was in the US. However, it is not easy as it sounds. It does take a LOT of tries to get it to work, but it is doable.
    Do you have an OS7 device?

BlackBerry News is readily available to anyone who wants to download it from here
    03-11-12 02:25 PM
    It is not possible because these free apps check two things, your service provider and BIS location. For example, if you have a Canadian service provider and you decided to go roaming on US and try to download these free apps, it will not work because your service provider is still Canadian.
    03-11-12 02:40 PM
    Oh and... I tried proxy servers to by pass the block, it didn't work. (I am on Telus Canada)
    03-11-12 02:41 PM
    What if someone from the US gifts it to someone outside the US?
    03-11-12 08:33 PM
    I don't think these free versions have the gift option.
    03-12-12 12:30 AM

Only paid app can be a gift.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 01:04 AM
    i wont bother because therei dont want any of those apps. i think it's quite unfair to other BB users around the world though...tsk tsk
    03-12-12 09:22 AM
    It's been said before. RIM should focus on areas where they need more market penetration.
    03-12-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD