So, I switched over (again) to the 9900 from my 9700 with OS5 (which I LOVE that OS btw!) and I'm just trying to get used to that phone ... I've used it for 24 hours already and I still miss the 9700.

I haven't adjusted to the size and the delicateness of the 9900 yet ... The 9700 was more compact as well as tougher of a phone ...

I'm debating again whether to go back as I don't find anything that would keep me to continue using the 9900 ...

Am I on my own here or does anyone else possibly agree with me? lol ...
    08-17-11 09:03 AM
    There is One solution..
    You could wait for the 9790.
    Appearantly it is supposed to have the same specs. (with a smaller screen size)
    08-17-11 09:05 AM
    You want to go back to your old 9700 because of the 9900 "size and the delicateness".

The 9900 IS a little larger but I think it will hold up to everyday life as well as the 9700. Give it a chance.
    08-17-11 09:07 AM
    I don't know how anyone could go back to a 9700 from 9900. Don't really agree that the 9700 is a tougher phone either, maybe more plasticky perhaps?

The size seems to throw people off who never used the 9000 .. i remember the same with 9000 but ended up loving it and thought RIM was idiotic for making the next Bold the same as the 8900 form factor pretty much, not very "Bold" imo.
    08-17-11 09:07 AM
    The only thing I like about the 9900 is how fast it is ... a side from that, I'm all for the 9700. Even the touch screen doesn't do it for me ... It's never taken me this long to have to "grow" on to a blackberry to like it ...
    08-17-11 09:10 AM
    Well I also love my 9700, and went back to it after not being able to deal with the Torch form factor and touch-screen foibles.

But I don't imagine I'll go back to it after I get my 9900. That is the dream dimensions and form factor for me. Not sure how I'll feel about the touch-screen, but sure I'll cope. Also the fact that I'm already on os6 on my 9700 means it's only a 0.1 difference in os to the 9900
    08-17-11 09:12 AM
    Then you won't even like the 9790 then with its touchscreen.. You might have to go to the new Curve for that form factor.

Didn't you already make a thread on this???
    08-17-11 09:12 AM
    9700/9780 sure has that more plastic feel and less delicate feel. I feel more cautious with the 9900 and treat it like a piece of gold. I feel one drop and it's toast. The 9700/9780 can endure drops all the time and I was never worried.
    I love the speed and screen, so smooth and gorgeous.
    08-17-11 09:16 AM
    I picked up my 9780 and tried typing on it again. It feels just too small. Put the thing right back in the drawer lol
    08-17-11 09:16 AM
    Having just switched to the 9900, I have to disagree. I think it just comes down to user preference at the end of the day; but for me I think the biggest shock is the touch screen. We're (us mere mortals who use the BB with just a physical keyboard) just not used to having both on a Bold.

It's grown on me a lot even over a couple of days, and I like the 'Apple' style pinch and stretch for photos and browsing etc. Reading emails is nice using your hands too.

It will just take a while to adjust and get to know what you want touch for, and what you need the trackpad for. Already, I'm using the trackpad for composing new emails (there may be a faster way through touch, but I haven't bothered to read the manual)

The only issue has been the battery life. Hopefully it will get better, but if not I might need to revert back to my trusty old 9700 that I have t admit has been an excellent device!
    08-17-11 09:19 AM
    Having just switched to the 9900, I have to disagree. I think it just comes down to user preference at the end of the day; but for me I think the biggest shock is the touch screen. We're (us mere mortals who use the BB with just a physical keyboard) just not used to having both on a Bold.

It's grown on me a lot even over a couple of days, and I like the 'Apple' style pinch and stretch for photos and browsing etc. Reading emails is nice using your hands too.

It will just take a while to adjust and get to know what you want touch for, and what you need the trackpad for. Already, I'm using the trackpad for composing new emails (there may be a faster way through touch, but I haven't bothered to read the manual)

The only issue has been the battery life. Hopefully it will get better, but if not I might need to revert back to my trusty old 9700 that I have t admit has been an excellent device!
    08-17-11 09:21 AM
    I think you are soo used to the 9700 that the new phone is still very foreign to you. Give it a little and see how you feel.

I have to say im loving the keyboard on the 9900 and that does it for me.
    08-17-11 09:28 AM

08-17-11 09:33 AM
    Hey I have same feeling, even in my bb9900 I'm unable to zoom the video before capturing. Can any one suggest how to zoom the video?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 09:37 AM
    sorry about the multi-posts, firefox decided to have a hissy fit and that was the result!
    08-17-11 09:45 AM
    hmm you already made another post about this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rading-639058/
    08-17-11 09:49 AM
    Now I know why users always wanted a 9000 refresh of some sort. Having a wider Blackberry is amazing. Can't believe the typing on this keyboard
    08-17-11 10:21 AM
    I did make a post on this yesterday and after reading the replies and thread, I decided to give the 9900 a second chance and installing things properly that would address some of my concerns.

For example, I did a complete wipe, upgrade to the .296 version, install the os5 ringers (media) transfer my data only and no apps ... worked perfect. I customized my icons, and folders, to how I like them ... so it's definitely better than my first 9900 experience and eliminated some of the problems I was first experiencing.

However, I felt that I had COMPLETE control over the 9700 (OS5 - love that os) than this ... not that I feel lost or anything, but just certain things... From a physical perspective, I actually like the 9700's size better, button placements (lock and mute). From software, I liked the simplicity of OS5, was simple, easy to use and straight to the point ... That said, there were moments with the 9700 were the blackberry would sometimes feels VERY slow and sluggish.

What I love about the 9900 is the exceptionally fast speed and response of the OS and the gorgeous bright screen / display. Other than that, I'm feelin 9700! lol ... Don't hate, I'm trying to love this tihng!!! LOL ...
    08-17-11 10:31 AM
    I did make a post on this yesterday and after reading the replies and thread, I decided to give the 9900 a second chance and installing things properly that would address some of my concerns.

For example, I did a complete wipe, upgrade to the .296 version, install the os5 ringers (media) transfer my data only and no apps ... worked perfect. I customized my icons, and folders, to how I like them ... so it's definitely better than my first 9900 experience and eliminated some of the problems I was first experiencing.

However, I felt that I had COMPLETE control over the 9700 (OS5 - love that os) than this ... not that I feel lost or anything, but just certain things... From a physical perspective, I actually like the 9700's size better, button placements (lock and mute). From software, I liked the simplicity of OS5, was simple, easy to use and straight to the point ... That said, there were moments with the 9700 were the blackberry would sometimes feels VERY slow and sluggish.

What I love about the 9900 is the exceptionally fast speed and response of the OS and the gorgeous bright screen / display. Other than that, I'm feelin 9700! lol ... Don't hate, I'm trying to love this tihng!!! LOL ...
    From the way I see it, you are in live with your 9700 / OS 5. Why are you trying to foce yourself to love something? That doesn't sound right? You should use something and enjoy it for what it is, not because you have to try to love it.

I think the best thing for you, since you seem so passionate about the 9700 and love OS 5, is return your 9900 and switch back to your OS 5 9700. Simple.
    08-17-11 11:03 AM

It seems the 9900 is growing on you. I won't be surprised if next week you'll post saying there's no way you'll go back to your 9700.
    08-17-11 11:06 AM
    It's just that new phone feeling, wait untill you drop it once I was the same when I first got the 9700 too.

I put mine in the otterbox commuter case straight out of the box.
    08-17-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD